[Survival] Extraterrestrial Mapart Comp!

extraterrestrialmapartcomp

Hi there folks!

Welcome to Survival Season 3’s Second Mapart Competition! WOOOOO!!

This season has brought around a HUGE amount of lovely mapartists, and we want you all to get as creative as possible with your entries! You may have noticed, that this isn’t the same theme that won the poll, but alas to allow more creativity, it has been named the Extraterrestrial Mapart Comp!

As previously mentioned, the theme for this comp is Extraterrestrial. Get all your weird and wonderful spacey alien sci-fi-esque favourites ready to be put into mapart!

The judges for this competition are the building god @Alkemystix, the wonderful @Ibby, my dear child @Mysaan and myself, @infernalfae!

This competition will end on July 31st at 11.30pm BST.

Let’s move onto the rules shall we?

Rules:

• You may join this competition in teams of up to 3. On a team, you must credit ALL builders, and the prizes will be split equally amongst team members.

• Only one mapart (There is no limit on pieces per mapart) per player/team. You cannot participate in more than one team.

• Keep your maps as one whole image rather than a compilation/collage of separate ones.

• No inappropriate or offensive maps.

• You are Allowed to use schematica/litematica to create your builds.
    You are Not Allowed to use printer!

• Submitting others’ work as your own will result in disqualification from the competition. You will not be given a chance to resubmit. This includes taking full credit for a co-operative build.

• You are allowed to pay players gold to clear your mapart platforms, if you are making more than one piece.

• Staff members are most definitely allowed to participate, including survival staff.

How to enter:

You can submit entries for the competition as a reply to this post. Please follow this format:

• Name of Map:
  • All team members IGNs:
  • Build Coordinates:
  • Favourite Sci-Fi movie:
  • Pick!: Sun or Moon?:

You may include up to two screenshots in your entry, and please ensure that coords match correctly.

Lets get into prizes!

:1st_place_medal: 1st Place
1 Month VIP++ Rank
15 Summer Keys
Exclusive Coloured Glow Effect (of your choice)

:2nd_place_medal: 2nd Place
1 Month VIP+ Rank
10 Summer Keys

:3rd_place_medal: 3rd Place
8 Summer Keys

Keys and ranks will be split equally between all team members, ranks can be gifted to any player of choice.
Members of the 3 winning teams will all be given a glow effect of choice.

You may be wondering to yourself…

how on EARTH do I make mapart?

Well I’m here to direct you to another forum post for help :wink:

Check out the wonderful helpful post by Aiadeva !

One more thing before we go,

There is a new bug that came with 1.19 in regards to how maps are displayed. If you place a mapart on your platform, a green marker will show up and will not go away.

Please use my wonderfully done (ms painted) tutorial on how to not have a massive green chunk on your maps!

^^This is good! There is a block between the map and the platform meaning no green blobs for me today sir!

^^ This is BAD! The map has touched the platform and now there is a permanent green blob on your map, even if you move it elsewhere!

Stay safe and Minecraft bug free while working on your maparts this mapart comp!

Finally,

Good luck to everyone who enters, we are looking forward to seeing what amazing creations you all come up with!

If you have any questions, feel free to dm me (infernalfae) in game, or on Discord @ fae#4984 if you have any questions.

Last, but of course not least, have fun noobs!

-fae :orange_heart:

28 Likes

WOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :partying_face:

4 Likes

+1 active

2 Likes

mapapapapapapart
also third
:sunglasses:

3 Likes

fourth amazing

3 Likes

wooo!!! :D

4 Likes

map art :white_check_mark:

4 Likes

That is super cool infernalfae
Good luck to anyone who participates!

4 Likes

LESSSS GOOOO GAMERSSSS!!

fae is epic

3 Likes

if you ever need any help @Mysaan you have me on discord

4 Likes

WOOOOO MAPARTTTT
a

4 Likes

Mapart time

4 Likes

I am perfectly fine thank you. Fae is good parent

4 Likes

you think that, just wait…

4 Likes

Alright then.

3 Likes

WOOOOO! MAPART TIME!! :D

3 Likes

ooooooh i cant wait to see all the thing people make!!!

6 Likes

Artmap comp

4 Likes

Just an FYI, this will unfortunately be staying permanently since it isn’t a bug. It’s a vanilla feature that’s been around since item frames were added in 1.4.2. But you did nail how to avoid it, just don’t place a map in an item frame within the area the map encompasses. A more detailed explanation can be found on the wiki for anyone curious.

Example from 1.5

4 Likes