MunchyMC Newsletter - August 2022

banner

MunchyMC Newsletter: Edition 55 - August 2022

Hey there, folks! Welcome to the 55th edition of the MunchyMC newsletter! We hope you all had a fantastic and happy August. Let’s commence with the updates and highlights from the month!

Staff Team

Promotions

Junior Moderator

Mddey :kitpvp: - Mddey has been promoted to KitPvP Junior Moderator!

Event Team

oTortle :woolwars: - oTortle has joined the WoolWars Event Team!
oChocolate :woolwars: - oChocolate has joined the WoolWars Event Team!
Ironnose :woolwars: - Ironnose has joined the WoolWars Event Team!
uFalcon :woolwars: - uFalcon has joined the WoolWars Event Team!
SizzleBurger :woolwars: - SizzleBurger has joined the WoolWars Event Team!

Written by DutchMTC.

–|~News!~|–

KitPvP Highlights 4

Unfortunately there wasn’t much news this month, but that gives me a great opportunity to introduce a new game to the KitPvP section!

Written by DutchMTC.

Prison Highlights 1

August Updates

This month there was an abundance of new ultras and legendaries added to the game, so there is no better time to be looting!

We also introduced the new Snow White’s Pickaxe which is ONLY craftable by using one of each of the 7 dwarf pickaxes… so you should probablyyyy stop slotting your epic picks.

A new special item was also added to the MunchyMC special crates, which are purchasable from the MunchyMC Store. (Hint - it lets you use the console to both KICK and MUTE the players you hate. How exciting!)

As per usual, there were many (and I mean many) item adjustments and fixes. You can view the complete list of updates by typing /changelog in game.

Map 9 Leaderboards

Don’t forget that this month we have over $1000 IN PRIZES being rewarded to those who are ranked the highest across the following categories at the end of the map!

:crown: Highest Rank :crown:

#1 - Chance1337 - (XI)(B2)
#2 - Shoblette - (XI)(B1)
#3 - ursofamily - (X)(New)

:global: Most Ultras Found :global:

#1 - TSUTT_ - 921
#2 - bhi - 420
#3 - xLuuk_ - 414

:fishing_pole_and_fish: Top Fisher :fishing_pole_and_fish:

#1 - PapaCoach - 89L

:axe: Top Logger :axe:

#1 - Elyas990 - 115,581

:pick: Top Miner :pick:

#1 - Shoblette - 13,613,261

:farmer: Top Farmer :farmer:

#1 - ursofamily -295,909

Written by dxlicaterose.

Survival Highlights 3

Good evening folks and welcome to this month’s Survival section of the Newsletter! I hope you all had a wonderful Summer, but who’s excited for Autumn!? (Halloween. Just Halloween. Halloween<3333) Anyways, quite a bit happened this month, from competitions ending to new ones beginning, so lets hop right in!

I. [RESULTS] Extraterrestrial Mapart Comp!

extraterrestrialmapartcomp

This month had the end of the Extraterrestrial Mapart Comp! All of the maparts were absolutely fantastic, but only three could place! So let’s quickly jump into the winners & their prizes! :partying_face:

:1st_place_medal: First Place :1st_place_medal:

Planet Fungi

extraterrestrial5

“Planet Fungi” by Starry_Dreams

:2nd_place_medal: Second Place :2nd_place_medal:

Connections

“Connections” by Tarteris, Vicvi, SnipyQT

:3rd_place_medal: Third Place :3rd_place_medal:

Isolation

extraterrestrial8

“Isolation” by LunaInSpace, ChipperHen, oTortle

Congratulations to all the winners, and a massive thank you to everyone who participated! If you would like to see what prizes they won, click here!

II. Bob & Ross

This month officially launched our newest mapart protectors, Bob & Ross! I have written a whoooole forum post about them and what they do, which you can find here!

Basically, Bob & Ross turn your maparts into a canvas, that has your name below it (“Drawn by infernalfae”), crediting you for the map! The canvas is unable to be copied by other people in order to protect those (large amounts of people) who sell maparts from resellers!

Thank you to the amazing @RossRao and the wonderful @cheater for working on Bob & Ross and for protecting the map artists!!!

III. Summer Accessories

This month introduced the all new Summer accessories, made by DragonsMaker! Four
of the new accessories are LIMITED EDITION and can only be bought up until the 10th of September, there are two new permanent accessories as well.

You can buy these accessories at /crates, in the fancy blue purpley building to the right! You can buy them from Kevin the NPC using CosmiCoins! To buy CosmiCoins, click here!

IV. [RESULTS] PvP Brackets!

https://i.imgur.com/ikE9Zs1.png

This month also, the wonderful @Alkemystix hosted a PvP Brackets event, which is quite new for Survival! A bunch of people showed up, and there weren’t even enough boxes to fit everyone! Thank you to all who showed up, but lets jump right into the winners & their prizes!

:trophy: Prizes :trophy:

:1st_place_medal: Zombiebot1
1 Week of Legend
1000 Gold
4 Crate Keys of Choice

:2nd_place_medal: Rifosspho
1 Week of Elite
500 Gold
2 Crate Keys of Choice

:3rd_place_medal: DutchMTC
1 Week of Super
250 Gold
1 Crate Key of Choice

Congrats to all the winners, and thank you to everyone who showed up! And once again huge huge thank you to the wonderful spectacular @Alkemystix for hosting!

V. Fairytale Build Competition!

https://i.imgur.com/IlkLeQI.png

Once again hosted by the lovely @Alkemystix, the Fairytale Build Comp started on the 25th of August, and will END on the 25th of September. As you may have guessed, the theme for this build comp is of course fairytale, and you can find more info on this here!

Let’s jump into the prizes first, to see if they can tempt you to join!!

:1st_place_medal: 1st Place: :1st_place_medal:
Exclusive Glow Effect of Choice
15 Crate Keys of Choice
1 Month ++ Rank

:2nd_place_medal: 2nd Place: :2nd_place_medal:
10 Crate Keys of Choice
1 Month + Rank

:3rd_place_medal: 3rd Place: :3rd_place_medal:
8 Crate Keys of Choice
1000 Gold

Woah surely those amazing prizes would be enough to tempt you to join! Good luck to all you amazing folks who participate, we look forward to seeing your entries!

Once again, we have reached the end of the Survival section of this month’s Newsletter, thank you all who read this far! To all the folks going back to school this month and next, good luck and spend time on your studies! School is important! Have a good September everyone, I look forward to meeting you all again next month! :partying_face: :orange_heart:

Written by infernalfae.

WoolWars Highlights 1

Hey guys. It’s me, ZombieBot01. Today’s woolwars section is going to be shorter than normal. Just like your height. OOOOOOOOOOH :joy: :hot_face:

Wool Cup

Do you like wool? Do you like cups? How about cups made of wool? That’s probably a bad idea; the water would just leak through. ANYWAY, the wool cup event has begun. With over eighteen teams, this event will surely pack a punch.
Want to be a part of more events like this? Join the event discord here!

Flag wars moment

Want to express your opinions about all the woolwars maps? You’re in luck. @numbersix recently created a forums poll in which you can rate each woolwars map on a scale of one to ten and give your feedback in the replies. Make sure to check out their post to help inform the team of which maps the community likes most!

That’s all for woolwars this month. Happy September!

Written by ZombieBot1.

Community Art Highlights! :paintbrush:

Hi, all!

Here we have another bunch of fantastic works of art by our community members this month, let’s have a look:

Click here
PenguinFries706

kr1tzie

Illustration of TricksterArachne

Illustration of Simfonija

Simfonija

Illustration of Paint22

Illustration of aCrafty

Illustration of Tarteris

Illustration of ChipperHen

Illustration of aCrafty

Sharkpaws

Repuffin

Illustration of PenguinFries706

Mimpie

Illustration of oTortle

Illustration of Viviannn

TricksterArachne

Illustration of Mysaan

Illustration of RobinLaggedOut

Illustration of Alpha_Devil

Illustration of smeru

Illustration of Paint22

Illustration of Re_Con

Illustration of Brooke_Sun

Illustration of AkumaZeto

Illustration of Paint22 & smeru

Illustration of infernalfae

Illustration of PenguinFries706

Illustration of TillyNugget

Illustration of SkoPie_

Illustration of Viviannn

Illustration of MaxTheNerdd

Illustration of Tarteris

Paint22

e08f

Illustration of EvillRat

Brooke_Sun

Illustration of Monesteir

MyBee

RobinLaggedOut

Hoaxspiration

starlantern

SuperBomber01

Brotherawesome

smeru

JaresTsvetkov

BrockLaggedOut

Illustration of Brooke_Sun

Illustration of RobinLaggedOut

Illustration of Tarteris

Illustration of TricksterArachne

fluffnado

StarrIsNotStar

Hope you enjoyed these pieces as much as I did, keep an eye on the artwork channel in the community discord and the next newsletters for more! :)

Written by Atterax.

And that is all for this month!

That is all from us! As always, thank you for supporting the newsletter. We wish you all an incredible September and we will see you all again in a month. :heart:
29 Likes

Cool

7 Likes

First

To answer the kit question, adding casual kits to arena would be cool

First

2 Likes

teams or alliances, which your entire team wouldn’t be able to harm each other unless leaving the clan. Therefore allowing for some fun teamwork action.:wink:

1 Like

I see rat first then helix then me

1 Like

hey its me

4 Likes

first

1 Like

thank u for the feature! i did make the poll in september but its greatly appreciated :heart:

2 Likes

I see Helixed then UnCrafty then EvillRat

1 Like

Helix cheated he posted a reply a week before the topic went up :roll_eyes:

Interesting that you think this is when the topic originally went up :thinking:

3 Likes

awesome newsletter!

2 Likes

Amazing newsletter!

1 Like

AMAZING NEWSLETTER AS ALWAYS
:D
a

1 Like

guys i made the newsletter lets go

amazing newsletter

2 Likes

Wooooo another newsletter

1 Like

how do i walk again?

1 Like

6 Likes

The addition of monthly events, not like another crown event, but like melo events like most events won, or most kills, etc.

1 Like