Mddey's staff application (May 2021)

523a2485d83d6fe7d2d7c0d81bb9d7b9ff4006ca_2_689x359

Prerequisite checklist:

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:

Yes. I joined Munchy in February 2020 and I have been an active member in the community for 9 months. (I was inactive the first 3 months)

Proof:

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:

Yes I use OBS and Windows recorder to record proofs when someone hacks

- Do you have TeamSpeak3 and Discord downloaded and are competent with them?:

Yes. I have both of them and I am competent with them.

Application

IGN: Mddey

Timezone: Arabian Standard Timezone (GMT+3)

Can you use a microphone for an interview?:

Yes, I have an Arrozi Colonna mic. It is decent and pretty good.

Role you are interested in (Helper or JMod):

I am interested in the JMod role.

Server you are interested in moderating (pick ONE):

I am interested in moderating my favorite server WoolWars since I spend more time on it than on other servers. And because I have a lot of experience with its rules and community.

How active can you be per week?

I am currently on summer vacation! This means that I can be active much more than on school days. There is no schedule for summer vacation but I usually spend (8-10) hours daily.

Also Here is my schedule for school days. (times may vary due to exams and homework stress)

Sunday to Thursday

12:30 pm ET to 3:30 pm ET (8:30 pm to 11:30 pm for me).

Fridays and Saturdays

7 am ET to 3:30 pm ET (3 pm to 11:30 pm for me).

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so, please describe your side of story:

Yes, I have been muted once for spamming “Hearts not memes” in one of Badboyhalo’s events because people were spamming memes and I used to think that might help. After that, I learned my lesson and I never spam anymore.

Have you applied for this role before? If so, please explain the steps you have taken to improve as an applicant since your last application:

Yes, I applied for this role twice:

September 2020 (got denied because I applied after the season ended) and I worked on my activeness and got through the community and started to be more known on the server.

December 2020 (got denied but I got helper)

Since I got the opportunity to become a helper. I tried my best to help the community and to learn more about Munchy’s rules, community, and bannable and mutable offenses. I helped with reporting hackers to higher staff members, doing my part as a staff member, and did a lot of research about multiple hacks. Also, I got a lot of skills in chat moderating due to my position.

What do you think your reputation is like within the community?

I think my reputation is pretty good on the server. I always try my best to welcome new players, meet new friends, and be helpful. I am never toxic and I am known for being a friendly and nice person. Last September, multiple people advised me to become more active and get involved in WoolWars community. I worked on it, and that gave me the chance to meet many amazing people who became friends with me later. I started to take part in the community and finally got the Helper role in January 2021. The past five months were a big step for me because I was able to help people whenever I could. Which gave me a good reputation in the community and made me consider that this is the community I want to be in.

Why are you interested in the role and what motivated you to apply?

I want to be a JMod to help the community more by punishing hackers and helping players get fair games without hackers ruining the fun of it. Also, I was able to help to keep the game chat friendly and nice as it is supposed to be. Special thanks to higher staff members who helped me learn more about the rules and what is punishable and what is not. I think I would be a good JMod due to my knowledge about the community and the rules of the server I am applying for.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), how would you rate your knowledge on moderating a community?

I would give myself 8/10 I have been a moderator in many discord servers one of them has 10k+ members. also, I have learned much more about moderating communities after I became a helper. I think I did a good job at moderating in-game chat and helping players.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), what would you rate your knowledge on Minecraft hacks and cheats, including finding and identifying cheaters?

I would give myself a 6/10 I know about most of the common hacks especially in WoolWars. I found multiple hackers in WoolWars and reported them to higher staff members. but some hacks are tricky and difficult to be detected like Reach, Aimbot, and some hacks which might be confused with one of the kits. I am not the best at detecting hackers but I am a fast learner if I felt I am not sure if someone is hacking or not I’ll be sure to watch them, and if it was a hack that I am not familiar with, I’ll make sure to ask a higher staff member about it so I can identify it next time.

Hacks that I can identify are the following:

• Killaura :
    the ability to auto-aim to the opponent and be able to hit them very fast from a far distance.
    it’s easy to detect since the player will never fail a single hit and will be spinning around in a robotic way which can be easily detected when they fight more than one player cause they will be fighting both sides while spinning without failing a single hit!

• MultiAura:
    Does the same as killaura but it hits multiple targets at the same time.

• Aimbot :
    Auto aims to the opponents just like killaura the hacker won’t miss a single hit and its easier to detect when the hacker fight multiple people in the same time.

• bow aimbot:
    Auto aims your bow to the target and even follows the target if they moved.

• anti-knockback :
    Disables your knockback from hits, mobs, explosions, arrows, snowballs, fireballs, etc…
    you can detect it by watching if the player can take any type of knockback if not they are using it but make sure to check their ping and internet connection cause they might be only lagging.

• Scaffolding :
    one of the most common hacks on WoolWars when the hacker uses it he can build below him automatically usually being used with safewalk. u can detect it if the hacker is bridging while looking forward and not shifting (which is not normal cause they can’t build on a block they aren’t looking at)

• Fast Eat :
    makes you able to eat golden apples and drinking potions much faster than normal (even the drinking sound effect will be faster than normal)

• Fast Bow :
    Allows you to shoot multiple arrows at the same time which looks like a machine that shoots very fast and not normal at all. you can detect it easily because the hacker will shoot multiple arrows at the same time.

• Spider :
    gives the hacker the ability to climb on walls like spiders in Minecraft. easy to detect cause the normal player can’t climb walls without using ladders or building below them.

• No Fall : Disables the fall damage for the hacker so they won’t get hurt when falling from high places. you can detect it if the hacker fell from a high place without getting any damage.

• No Slowdown :
    makes you able to walk without slowing down on cobwebs and even not slowing down while charging the bow or eating golden apples. you can detect it easily if the hacker is not affected by cobwebs and doesn’t stop while charging bow or eating.

• Reach :
    when the hacker use it they can hit the opponent from a far distance

• B-hop :
    very common hack and gives the cheater the ability to jump automatically.

• Auto-clicker :
    when used the hacker will have much higher cps than normal and will be faster with combos than normal.

• Auto-Steal :
    can be used to get everything in the chests with just one click (can be confused easily with Greedly) which will make it hard to identify but you can see if the player is using another kit at the same time like if he can do that and he is using bouncy that will make it easier to detect.

• Auto Potion :
    gives the player the ability to automatically use their potions. It’s very similar to Auto Soup which is usually being used in kitpvp server.

• Anti-Potion:
    When used the player won’t get any bad effects from potions like harm or poison.

• PlayerESP:
    When used u can see all spectators and invisible players in red boxes which can be used by the cheater to know if there is someone spectating them so they can use Panic to disable all hacks before they get caught.

• Fancy Chat:
    Usually being used to bypass the chat filter.

• Fly :
    gives the hacker the ability to fly just like in creative mode very easy to detect in games but if it was the lobby or the hub make sure that they don’t have a rank (like super+ in the lobby and legend+ in the hub by checking Munchy’s website cause they might be /colored) also if they are a bit over the floor make sure they aren’t lagging (you should be able to see particles behind their feet if they are lagging)

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:

After I became a helper, I started to report the hackers while they are hacking to higher staff members. Then, if they need video evidence, I send it in DMS, which made me upload fewer hacker reports, but here is my hacker reports playlist:

Also another video on kitpvp (Killaura and Flight)

Thank you for taking the time to read my application and good luck to everyone who is applying :D!

Edit 1: I forgot to put the last sentence (April 28th)
Edit 2: bolded the names of the hacks (April 28th)
Edit 3: Added more details after some search about hacks (May 3rd)
Edit 4: added more details and fixed some grammar mistakes (May 8th)
Edit 5: added more info to my app
Edit 6: More details after getting more knowledge about hacks (May 24th)
Edit 7: Made the application easier to read and fixed some grammar and spelling errors.

20 Likes

HUGE +1!

Mddey is really active and very knowledgeable about the server.
He’d be a great fit as a JMod since he’s currently a helper.

1 Like

Barely scaling over +2! Mddey is super nice, is already a helper, and is such a good helper! He deserves this role!

1 Like

Thank you @DutchMTC and @AltyF4 I appreciate it :D!

To start with some positives:

• Mddey is very nice, I have never seen him toxic

• He is very active I see him almost everyday despite timezone difference

• There is a lot of detail on this app, love that

Some negatives

• I think your knowledge of hacks could be improved on, I have seen you accuse someone of speed hax while using a kit that gives speed 2 while you were helper, if you had been jmod you may have false banned him

Overrall +0 from me, you’re a great friend of mine good luck Mddey!

7 Likes

Thank you @ZachDontFall for the feedback!

One of the most dedicated and kind players on woolwars. Always willing to help out anyone in need. And is extremely active too!
+1 from me!

1 Like

+1! kind player and already a excellent helper. Very active on the server. Good luck!

1 Like

+1 Mddey is an extremely nice person, active, and also helps out a lot on the server. ;)

1 Like

+1 Mddey is reliable, active and friendly. He would do an amazing job as being a JMod :heart: Good Luck

1 Like

Thank you @Ripshot @lukasek306 @OreoMilkshakeYyz and @Ayella I appreciate it <33 :D

Excellent application with lots of detail! Some things I think you are skilled at are problem-solving, kindness, and conflict resolution. You care about munchymc very much and dedicate yourself to making it a better place. I only have one negative thing, and it has to do with what Zach said. I feel that you could improve your ability to detect hacks, especially about false positives. Zach brought up an example of you accusing a clean woolwars player of kill aura and speed hacks even though they weren’t hacking. That player was me. While in no way should this be taken as a personal attack, I find it difficult to square the facts that

A. You Falsely accused a player of hacking

B. Instead of checking with a mod, asked the players in a public lobby if that player was hacking

C. The reason you made a mistake was that you weren’t familiar with the basic kits and mechanics of the game

• while at the same time

D. You are currently applying for a position where you would have the power to ban players.

Overall it isn’t a big deal, and I don’t hold any grudge. At the same time, however, it would be a good idea for you to brush up on your hacker detecting abilities to better prepare yourself for the responsibility of being a moderator. Again, this is but one negative thing in the vast pool of positive things, and I’m sure that you would make for a great fit for mod!

+1

5 Likes

Thank you for the feedback! @ZombieBot1
I am sorry to hear that this mistake happened before. I usually ask a higher staff member to check it up with me. thank you for letting me know. I’ll work on this to never happen again.

2 Likes

+1
Kind, never toxic and a really cool helper! Good luck

1 Like

+1
You’re active, mature and you do your job very good. You have a really good application as well!
Good luck Mddey! :heart:

1 Like

mddey I LOVE U

Very beeg +1 mwah

1 Like

Thank you @JUST511, @ZeePog, and @McDonalds I appreciate it :orange_heart:

Also I love you too McDonalds :D!

1 Like

+1
Mddey is kind and a amazing helper already :)

1 Like

Thank you @Storzzz I appreciate it :orange_heart:

Big +1 Mddey is realy nice and extremely active on wool wars and has a lot of experience with being helper.

1 Like