Build Team Applications [Tips / Guide]

:hammer_and_wrench: Build Team Applications / Tips & Guide :brick:

‏‏‎

‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

‎ ‏‏‎
:star::star: Hello community! If you clicked on this post is probably because you are interested in being a part of the Build Team or just curiosity. So if you are interested in applying for builder rank, you should probably take a look at these tips that I made before you apply. (Follow as a guide) :open_book: :star::star:
‎ ‏‏‎

‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎‎ ‏‏‎▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

:ballot_box_with_check: Tip #1 - Application format / text development :orange_circle:

• First than all, even if you’re a decent builder, you need to have a good application, having a well done application obviously makes you a better candidate, take in mind that you need to be sure and write fluently, good communication with the community will give you more chances and probably will get more feedback, an example:
    ‎ ‏‏‎
    :x:

:white_check_mark:

• The format of your application is very important, the community needs to see the questions and the answers clearly, so the community recommendation is to bold your questions and put the answer below with a normal / italic text. (Italic text is made with the * [text] *)

:ballot_box_with_check: Tip #2 - Maturity and respect :yellow_circle:

• As a candidate to be part of the build team, you need to be mature and respect all the opinions and criticism in your topic. Of course, you are able to reply and discuss any feedback, but take in mind that is the players’ opinion, even if you don’t like a comment on your application, you need to think that everyone can go to that post, and if the people think that you are toxic, then it will be harder to be accepted.

• Also, you need to know that the actual builders have a good role in the applications, of course, they can’t accept or deny, but if you want to be accepted, you need to have a good relationship with the Build Team. (Except Managers, they can accept or deny)

:ballot_box_with_check: Tip #3 - Skills and activity :green_circle:

• The MunchyMC Build Team is really skilled, you don’t need to be the best to enter, but good at building

• As a recommendation of the community, You should probably take a look at the accepted applications
    Click here to get to the accepted applications, and be sure if you meet a good level of skill.

• As a future candidate you need to be active on the server and building, it’s important to take responsibility for projects and organize the time. This will give you more chances to be accepted.

:ballot_box_with_check: Tip #4 - Plagiarism and portfolios :purple_circle:

• There are actually lots of applicants with a ‘‘fake’’ portfolio, these ones do plagiarism and just copy an image for a website, If for any reason you think that copying others’ builds won’t be an issue, you are wrong, even the community search the build to see if it’s plagiarized or not. This will instantly deny you and probably you won’t have any other chance to apply again in the future.

• If you are an original creator and you don’t know where to put all your work, then you can create a portfolio with the next tools:
    Imgur: https://www.imgur.com/
    Crevado: https://www.crevado.com/ :star:
    Planet Minecraft: Minecraft Maps | Planet Minecraft Community :star:

:question: What to do if you’re accepted?

If a Manager accepted your application and thinks that you’re a good candidate, then they will introduce you to your first Trial!

As I said, they will introduce you to the trial project In this one you will have to show your skill on a big build or small builds. Do not stress, some builders can help you with inspiration and give you tips to improve, you should be sure of yourself and after the trial period ends, the managers will decide to finally accept you or deny you.

Good luck to everyone who is interested in applying now, in a month or in the future recruit period! :D
~ SierAlex

16 Likes

this do be kinda epic doe ngl no cap uwu

good job tho Alex, very well written!

8 Likes

Well written and you made some great points!

7 Likes

^ That’s the codes to center something btw, put them before and after, I centered the image at the top because it was bugging me ;^)

4 Likes

that’s dope.

thanks for the guide sier, even though I never will apply for builder

5 Likes

Mr. egg.

Can you make a small tutorial or video of how to center things. Also, great guide @SierAlex. Probably the best guide

4 Likes

It’s exactly like the screenshot but with text or images
<div align="center">
test
</div>
would be

test

and the text in the 2nd line after </div> is normal

4 Likes

Lol thanks. I may have been on the forums for almost a year but I’m still a noob.

Again, great guide @SierAlex!
-Neon

3 Likes

This is very well written and has a lot of valid points, well done @SierAlex!

4 Likes

I was wondering how long do you need to wait to re-apply for build team. I was recently denied and have been working on my skill level. Just wondering how long to wait to apply again.

-Drownz

4 Likes

You need to wait around some months, it depends on why did you get denied and if you think you’re ready to apply again.

4 Likes