WoolWars Build Competition: Duels [Submissions Closed]

Hi Woolies!

It’s time for another :woolwars: MunchyMC WoolWars Competition :woolwars:. This time we will be looking for the best woolwars maps, but a specific type of them at that, Duels maps! :crossed_swords:

For this I have created some template size maps that people are welcome to use as a part of their build (Attatched).

The theme for your build can be anything you want, let your creative brains and busy thoughts get the best of you!

I strongly suggest you make the map in version 1.8.9 as this is the version that our server plays on and we would not be able to include any map features that would be in future versions.

The team size limitation for the competition will be at 5 people (or less) per submission to keep it fair for the people who decide to build solo. Please keep in mind, if you decide to be a part of a group project, only one submission may be made per group and if you make a submission as a group you cannot also submit a solo build, so stick with one and make it as good as you can :stuck_out_tongue: When placing in the end portal frames (chest markers) make sure you don’t overplace chests, better too little than too many. Don’t forget to add in a “waiting for game” parkour to your map, being careful to only use one block type (and ladders or signs if needed) while making it.

The judges for this competition will be myself, @Fumaz the fabulous Developer, the astounding Admin @Antfrost and my wonderful girlfriend, the Survival Admin @Ibby the illustrious who has also hosted quite a few build competitions before herself and I was inspired to host this one because of her.

The competition will close on SUNDAY the 28th of June at Midnight GMT (8pm EST) and the winners will be announced a few days later.

Competition Rules

Solo and team maps are allowed. On a team build ALL builders must be credited and prizes will be split equally between the members.
For this competition, the max team size will be 5

Only one map per player/team. You cannot be part of more than one team.

No inappropriate or offensive builds, obviously.

Submitting others’ work as your own will result in disqualification from the competition. You will not be given a chance to resubmit. This includes taking full credit for a co-operative build or directly stealing builds from the internet.

Staff members, including WoolWars staff, are most definitely allowed to submit entries

How to Enter:

You can submit entries for the competition as a reply to this post. Please follow this format:

• All team members IGNs:
  • Map download link (Please upload to google drive):
  • Name of map:
  • Favourite current map:

You may include up to two screenshots of your build in your reply.

Prizes:

Winner: Exclusive Wooly tag to each team member and 1 month of Legend rank to share
Second place: Exclusive Wooly tag to each team member and 1 month of Elite rank to share
Third place: Exclusive Wooly Tag to each team member and 1 month of Super rank to share

Top 3 entires (possibly more if we like them) will be entered into the map pool for duels games. Maps are subject to change before entering the gamemode in case fixes need to be made to them.

If we have a lot of entries, runners up may be offered a small prize as well!

Judging criteria:

We will be exploring each of your maps and rating them from 1-10 in the following categories

Originality
Map playability
Build quality/execution
Chest placements

Good luck to everyone who submits an entry!

If you have any questions please feel free to DM me anywhere you can find me.

~ TheBoop :egg:

18 Likes

I look forward to some amazing builds, good luck everyone! :smile:

2 Likes

Good luck everyone! :crossed_swords:

1 Like

so let’s get that tag (if any good builder wants to be on my team, pm me)

How are the prizes equally split, when they are a month of a rank?

Well the team decides on how they split it because if a few members already have a rank, they may not want the prize and may just want a tag instead. So all depends on what you decide with your team members, otherwise if you are solo you get it all to yourself (or can gift it).

i think that there should be a map that’s just a egg. one. singular. egg.

Get building then, you are more than welcome to come up with your own map shapes!

1 Like

Can builders enter :thinking:

1 Like

Already started! Halfway done!

3 Likes

i think so, he didn’t say anything at respect, and any staff can so i think we can

3 Likes

@SierAlex @CJPuff I’ve got no issues with builders entering :+1:

3 Likes

Yeah i can be on your team if i am allowed to

2 Likes

I love how like 80% of the people who participates just want the ‘‘wooly’’ tag haha, it’s really funny

1 Like

working on it

For the building competition, can we form the map so that every player gets night vision?

Uhh, I guess so?

Alright, thank you!

• All team members IGNs: Baqel, Idealist
  • Map download link (Please upload to google drive):
    Snow Globe
  • Name of map: Snow Globe
  • Favourite current map:
    Idealist: Rainbow Dream
    Baqel: All Are Good
6 Likes