[To survival mains] I need some info, thinking of maining the game next reset/now

Hello Survival players!
I am looking for some important info, I am thinking of playing survival, and a lot of it, if any of you have any tips, info on the next reset, anything, please let me know! I used to play survival a ton and I got very good at making highly efficient automatic farms, and big builds. Also I have a few questions:

Whats farms are allowed? (e.g iron farms, gold farms, pumpkin, melon, ect.)
How big are automatic farms allowed to be?
What is the mob-cap of the survival server?
What do you all think of survival?

Thank you! :heart:

5 Likes

About the next reset i dont think there is any set date but some people have said they think it will be when we can get 1.17

I dont know alot sbout farms but i think most of them are allowed unless they cause lag.

Survival has such nice people i think if you come to survival you will have a great time.

Sorry that i couldnt answer all your questions or maybe not answer them as detailed as you wanted but i hope i will see you on survival one day. :smiley:

1 Like

The next reset will probably be somewhere in 2021, no specific date is known yet.

Almost all farms are allowed except for 0-tick farms, because they cause too much lag.

Ive honestly no idea what the mob cap of the server is, but the spawn rate of mobs is very low to prefend too much mobs.

I think of survival as a fun, and sociable server with a great community! c:

2 Likes

Heya! Surv honestly has one of the most wholesome communities , and it would be great to see you around! :slight_smile:

All farms are allowed, except for zero tick farms, as said above. It’s worth noting that lag machines are not allowed either/ anything that could cause a large amount of lag, so if you’re unsure, check it with a mod. Lava can only be placed by an smod or higher, and costs 75g per placement, if you want to use lava for a farm. Also, pigmen do not drop gold (and there is no gold in the nether) as gold is the currency, so it would be a little overpowered.

These links might be useful:

Rules:

Summary

Survival Rules

Guide:

Summary

Guide to Survival 2.0

Crates:

Summary

Survival Spring Crates
Survival 2.0: Crates
Survival Winter Crates

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask! :smiley:

5 Likes

wait @toccataski whats wrong with lava??

1 Like

It’s for grief prevention.

Also, in relation to the mob cap, this might have some useful info: Information and Suggestions from a technical player

2 Likes

well, thank you your a legend :heart:

1 Like

Hi @HanzoHattori22! :wave:
Just to start things of: The next Survival world reset won’t be for some time, but! Things you can do and what is allowed and what is not.

• Gold farms are disabled, and any other farms should work probably, but it won’t be allowed if it causes lag obviously!

• The mob-cap has been decreased by a lot to prevent server lag, to note: You can pick up spawners using a crowbar you buy for 100 gold at /warp mall and then you can make your own xp farms, etc.

• There are a lot of events happening in survival as well! I think you would like them, staff events, member events or the more major events like build competitions for example!

Survival is a wholesome place, it’s beyond PG and it’s mostly very, very chill.
Always try to find new stuff to do and improve your builds or your gear, and everything like that. Interact with the community, and you can even make your own events as well!
Hopefully this will get you started off well! :yellow_heart:

4 Likes

Server is one of the more smaller community’s in munchy, it’s quite wholesome here!
Though making zero tick farms and gold farms aren’t allowed, (gold farms won’t even work) there’s still other ways you can make gold! The most popular one is mining world mesa’s! To find one just use the command /rtp in the mining world.
Also you don’t need to mine to make gold, you can always sell things.
Also about the next reset, there is no planned date, the next one won’t come for awhile.
One important tip, always be respect in chat and try to be known in the community, being a part of the community in my opinion important on survival!
Hope to see you soon on survival! <3

2 Likes