[NEW] Survival Bob & Ross!

(high quality banner ik<33)

Good Evening Munchies!

Today we have a really special announcement for the two newest (and arguably the coolest) NPCs in town! If you have read the Newsletter (or if you saw the cool new “Coming Soon” stall in spawn built by cool @Alkemystix!), you may have seen the sneak peek for these cool guys, Bob & Ross! They come to PROTECT THE MAPARTISTS.

Have you ever had run-ins of people reselling your hard-worked on maps in shops for cheap prices? Or have you ever seen one of those maps being auctioned, with the auctioneer claiming they made it themselves!? Well, Bob & Ross are here to STOP that!

You may be asking yourself, how do Bob & Ross work? So let’s quickly jump into it!

Bob

Welcome to Bob. When you right-click the Bob NPC, the GUI below will pop up! Let’s guide you through it.

Screenshot 2022-08-13 at 19.15.42

On the left, there is the ability to purchase x1 Clean Canvas for 50g!

On the right, there is the ability to buy x10 Clean Canvasses for 500g!

Canvasses

You may be asking yourself right about now, what on earth is a canvas? So lemme explain! A canvas when bought from Bob, works in the same way a normal empty map would, except when you right-click on your mapart, it will have a “Painted by: IGN”! See below:

Screenshot 2022-08-13 at 19.29.47

Your canvas is entirely yours, meaning you can lock and rename your map to whatever you may please. You can also create copies of your canvasses in cartography tables using regular Empty Maps, and they will automatically become canvasses! So you won’t lose all the empty maps you’ve made prior to this update.

If you own a canvas, other players CANNOT copy your canvas. So feel free to sell your canvasses in shops, knowing that they are safe!

Players can also NOT open canvasses within claims they dont own, or aren’t added to.

Ross

Now, we move onto Ross! When you right click on Ross holding a normal Filled Map (Not a Canvas), this GUI will pop up!

Screenshot 2022-08-13 at 19.16.11

From Ross, you have the option to change your Filled Map into a Canvas for 50g! (Same price as a normal Clean Canvas).

Such a cool update! Where do I find Bob & Ross?

Well then, my dear friends, this one is quite simple!

When you /spawn follow the (masterfully drawn) directions below!

When you get to the building circled, you will find the wonderful Bob & Ross in the stall below! Thanks to the lovely @Alkemystix for building it!!!

And that comes to the end of this update! Massive huge thank yous to the amazing @RossRao, and the cool @cheater for working on this update, and saving map artists from the resellers! Y’all are amazing and epic, thank you!

Have fun maparting folks!

25 Likes

i hate bob and ross

jk…

2 Likes

SO COOL

3 Likes

Alright

1 Like

Enjoy :)

7 Likes

WOOOOO
We are safe from the resellers

4 Likes

Oh this is so cool

2 Likes

why the incredible writer of this post isnt admin

how amazing i think this is. 8/10

1 Like

Rob Boss

1 Like

Very cool :D.

2 Likes

7 Likes

:trophy:

2 Likes

a brilliant addition!
a big hug to everyone involved in developing this, it was really needed <3

2 Likes

very cool update B)

2 Likes

why didnt i realise this was a bob ross reference wtf

AMAZING UPDATE SUPER INTUITIVE AND CLEVER and good WELL DONE GUYS

5 Likes

imagine reselling maparts.

glad to see this problem getting resolved :)

3 Likes

Woooo! Cool update!

2 Likes

Not a survival main but this looks like a fantastic update! W for mapart makers

3 Likes