Infernalfae's JMod Application

(Thank you to the wonderful kamidrgn for this banner!! <3)

Prerequisite checklist:

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:

Yes, I joined MunchyMC in November 2019 and was an on-and-off player until late December/Early January. Since then, I’ve played Munchy on the daily.

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:

Yes. I have always used my laptop’s built in screenrecorder to take videos at a moments notice, but recently I’ve started to teach myself how to use OBS.

- Do you have TeamSpeak3 and Discord downloaded and are competent with them?:

I know the ins-and-outs of Discord, and I have recently started to use TeamSpeak3 daily.

Application

IGN:

infernalfae

15 years old.

Timezone:

GMT/GMT+1

Can you use a microphone for an interview?:

Yes.

Role you are interested in (Helper or JMod):

JMod.

Server you are interested in moderating (pick ONE):

Survival. (My home <3)

How active can you be per week?

I am a very active, daily player in survival. I try to be on whenever possible, which means I generally can be on for 5 hours+ per day.

Mon-Thur: 16:30-02:00

Friday: 16:30-03:00/04:00

Saturday: 13:00-03:00/04:00

Sunday: 13:00-02:00*

(These times are subject to change due to school and school holidays.)

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so, please describe your side of story:

I have been console muted for five minutes once for spamming in party chat. I have learned since then that spamming is not acceptable in any way on MunchyMC. Any other punishments were jokes from close staff friends.

Have you applied for this role before? If so, please explain the steps you have taken to improve as an applicant since your last application:

I applied for this role once back in January 2020. I am not proud of this application as I was very, very new to the server and didn’t have proper knowledge on how to moderate a community and identifying hackers/cheaters. Since then, I have taken leaps to familiarise myself with moderating a community and identifying the different hacks and cheats that people use.

What do you think your reputation is like within the community?

I am well-known within the Survival community. I am extremely active on Survival and I am active on the MunchyMC Discord. I have made a friend out of many of the players, both on and off the staff team. I always answer any questions in chat to the best of my ability and I have become reliable in that regard.

I have proven myself as a trustworthy individual, both by becoming Helper and by being a staff member on the Community Farm. I find it important to make everyone who joins feels welcomed within Survival, as I hope that they will keep coming back to this amazing server.

Why are you interested in the role and what motivated you to apply?

I am interested in this role because I really wish to make the Survival experience as fun and fair as possible for the players.

For a lot of people, survival is an escape, and I wish to help keep it a safe place. In the position of JMod, I could take better action on situations that require it.

The staff team and community on MunchyMC really motivated me to apply. One of my favourite things about Munchy as a whole is how kind and close the staff and community is with each other. The staff are always amazing with helping the community, either with questions or with people being griefed, and of course with dealing with cheaters and just making MunchyMC Survival a good experience for all. I would like to continue contributing to MunchyMC in a good way, and I feel that with the JMod position I could take this further.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), how would you rate your knowledge on moderating a community?

I would rate myself 8/10 on my knowledge with moderating a community.

During my time as helper I have:

-worked and discussed with fellow helpers and other staff on how to effectively deal with any problems that may occur.

-learned to keep calm in stressful situations.

-connected and formed meaningful friendships with my fellow staff members.

I am an Assistant (Second-In-Command) at Tiki546 and SprinkleDonuts28’s popular Community Farm. This involves helping the owners make decisions regarding the farm and to also help moderate the farm staff discord server. This role has helped me know when it is necessary to call on moderators for griefing and also for dealing with other minor problems.

Finally, I am also a chat mod on DrewskiLuv’s Twitch channel, which has helped me deal out punishments to close friends in a fair and unbiased manner when necessary.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), what would you rate your knowledge on Minecraft hacks and cheats, including finding and identifying cheaters?

I would rate myself a 7 out of 10 on my knowledge of hacks and cheats. Since I gained interest in becoming staff on MunchyMC, I have spent time researching the different hacks used by reporting hackers in Purgatory, and by reading up on a bunch of the different hacks such as fly, x-ray, speed and more.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:

MunchyMC Reports

Edit 1: Removed the italics in my answers.
Edit 2: Ibby told me to change title because I changed my ign back :p

32 Likes

YES INFERNL YES!! +1 So cutiee!!

2 Likes

+10000000 i love this cutie :heart:

1 Like

y e s .
Y e s
+1

3 Likes

Huge +1 infernal is active, super kind and really helpful. Good luck :heart:

2 Likes

thank you all so much ;-; @SprinkleDonuts28 @peeloofortjuan @Heroboy20 @Mysaan

2 Likes

can’t wait to see “SurvivalHelper promoted to Jmod!”

2 Likes

+1

• nice application
  • also active and friendly
  • great helper!

very good at parkour hehe

3 Likes

+1

Infernal is one of the friendliest and most helpful people in the survival community. When I first started playing, I constantly needed help and infernal was always there to give me a hand.

Would be an absolutely fantastic JMOD!

2 Likes

+136.7 from me

Though you just got helper recently, I think you’re very much qualified to become a JMod - you’re active, friendly, helpful… all the good stuff

Also It’d be hillarious to see SurvivalHelper with the JMod tag

2 Likes

ew elephant :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face:

fine… i guess infer can be nice or something :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

thank you all so much y’all are Amazing <3 (even u mcdoanlds) @Alkemystix @WoolWarsMod @JamieDactyl @HELIXED @McDonalds

5 Likes

yo!??!?!?!?

3 Likes

ABSOLUTELY HUGE, GIGANTIC, MASSIVE +1.

Fae is the perfect example of a prime applicant for JMod.

Not only has she proven herself as a mature and stoic moderator as Helper, but she’s put so much of her creative energy and passion into Survival that, in my view, its a no-brainer.

The JMod position would allow her to explore more moderation and give her room to be an independent moderator, which Fae is already very skilled at.

I have no doubt that Fae will perform excellently in a trial - and yet proudly not flawlessly. She isn’t afraid to admit her own mistakes nor ask questions of higher-ups.

Im excited to see her with a purple name :purple_heart:

Good luck, Fae <3

5 Likes

Thank you so much @sixbullets ;-; your words mean everything to me <3

2 Likes

I Will be giving this application a +5
You are active on the MunchyMC Network and you tend to be helpful and so much more
You are a reasonable candidate to be a JMOD, I wish you the best of luck and hope to see you on the staff team
:]

1 Like

Thank you so much for the kind words @sky_awsmness !!

2 Likes

+1 very nice person

1 Like

+1 if i could say +100 i would- shes always online, always very helpful, and is even working with the community farm as a staff member!! if anyone deserves it, its her <3

1 Like

thank you both so much!! @Isickik @pyrocainam (we still getting married next season pyro? :p)

1 Like