The KitPvP community is terrible. (Rant)

Im not writing an introduction, I’m simply going to start writing. (No hatred towards the staff team or anybody in it is intended)

I am astounded by how toxic the KitPvP community is. The fact that the management team is allowing a community to foster where people specifically target others to ruin their time playing is absurd. I simply don’t understand how the management team doesn’t recognize this as a serious issue and doesn’t spend time moderating it. You have allowed a community to foster where people thrive off of getting other people to leave. In my opinion, the staff team are failing miserably at keeping this gamemode alive. Instead of hosting the “Crown Event” you should have spent serious time figuring out how you are going to make such an event playable for new players (or just anybody who isnt in a massive gang). It’s clearly not that hard to accomplish, Woolwars, another gamemode where people could just as easily do the same thing, doesnt have this bad of a problem.

I seriously want other peoples input, if you have something to say, say it.

8 Likes

The first time I ever joined kit someone permed me for killing their eBoyfriend in OITC lmao

All jokes aside, I do agree that kit would be a better place if perming/spawnlocking were toned down. I’d definitely play more often if it were. Obviously, there are some people that like it as a part of the game, so any solution would have to try to balance the needs of both sides.

3 Likes

You make some great points, I myself have been “permed” various times for killing a guy once who was attacking me, but how would you solve this problem

2 Likes

Even tho i agree, it would be a bit hard to do so unless they’re blatantly saying that they’re perming this person example, if someone were to come in the spawn and go down from it and they get killed like 10 times from the same person that doesn’t mean they’re targeting it means they’re an easy kill or just got permed such as me I kill people that come down and that they’re an easy kill like 5 times so I agree and disagree at the same time with what you’re saying

2 Likes

Whilst I do agree that the community has gotten far out of hand (one of the reasons I’ve become inactive on kit) I don’t think it’s fair to blame the staff team. There really aren’t any rules against toxicity (as far as I know) so they can’t really dish out punishments for it. I think some changes need to be established so they kit is actually playable for a casual player again

I’ve had to go to alting frequently due to the same gang of players perming me sometimes, it’s very frustrating and definitely could be improved upon a lot

7 Likes

Personally I disagree with this.

Kitpvp is an environment that is meant to foster a competitive but fun environment, and I believe that it is reflected in what the game is now. People and some of the clans can be toxic, sure. But I’ve found just being nice to people and not getting in the way of better players is a good way to not screw yourself over. If you have a problem with a person being toxic to you taking it up with a staff member is your best course of action, otherwise just get good ig :man_shrugging:

So in order to play kitpvp, you have to not pvp? i dont follow

1 Like

Yep, you got it exactly right. Don’t fight stronger players for the best experience :+1:

You do understand how thats still a problem?

1 Like

Probably, but there’s the phrase “Choose your battles” for a reason

I definitely agree that the KitPvP community has declined recently. It has always been kind of toxic, but nowhere near as bad as it is today.
You kind of absolutely have to be truced with most of the top players in order to play now. Targeting is also a big issue, one which I made a post about a while back I think. Unfortunately, targeting would be very difficult to moderate, but I do feel that more could be done to discourage it.
I personally think it’d be good to crack down on some of the more out of order behaviour on Kit, just to allow for regular players to enter and have a good time. A common excuse for the toxicity on Kit is “It’s not nearly as bad as other KitPvP servers” which I do not think is valid. I think Munchy should be a friendly and welcoming environment for everyone who logs on, as it is on Woolwars and Survival.

I’d love to see something done about Kit too, even if I’m in the minority. Maybe the current playerbase would hate it, but I feel like in the long run it would be the right decision to make for the gamemode.

3 Likes

When a group of strong players are all perming you it really isn’t your choice

1 Like

When i say staff i mean the admins/people who could decide on such rules, not the moderators

get gud

10 Likes

So management?

1 Like

Honestly, the toxic players, are just sad and have nothing better to do, than sound dumb on a block game.

I don’t let it bother me, because all they are doing is sounding cringe and edgy :joy:.

When it comes to perming, there’s not much you can do about it, and while it can be annoying, it is a ffa pvp gamemode.

I do feel the staff team should take more action on what goes on in chat though. The toxicity can be so bad at times, to where death threats are thrown out, racism is thrown around, and the chat just turns to a bully’s paradise. Thats just my opinion, I love the staff team with all my heart, and I hope to become one myself soon.

2 Likes

The game isnt playable with these people around. This is a bigger issue than some people being annoying that you have to deal with

Isn’t this … an introduction?! :scream:

14 Likes

I guess, not really a proper one

I agree with this post from the perspective of it as a business. What you said is 100% true, the management team shouldn’t allow targeting to such an extent that people can’t leave spawn, for well, obvious reasons. This was never really a huge issue until the release of clans, but after that I feel (when I played) that it just kept getting worse and worse.

From the perspective of a human being who will not profit from this server thriving in any way, I believe they should do absolutely nothing about this issue, and as far as health goes, it’s actually a positive thing. If you play this game (or frankly any game) to the extent that you are bothered by the fact that you can only fight a few players (by their choice, not yours), then that is a huge indicator that you spend way too much time on games in general. You shouldn’t care about “grinding kills” or “improving pvp skills (cringe)”, which is seemingly impossible to do when being targeted by an entire clan. I think anyone who spends a sane amount of time on this game will find that voting for any kit you want and then using it against the people targeting you can be even more fun than killing random noobs for tokens you probably won’t ever use. Then again, that’s just my opinion.