[Suggestion] Make KitPvP Event Prices Cheaper

Really the main reason I play on Kit is because of events. I basically gave up on going into casual primarily because of the reasons that @IceBreaker420 (so cute id recommend kissing him) pointed out in his thread.

A lot of the times I find myself logging on to play an event such as Find the Button (Still remaining unbeatable on the map ftb2, don’t @ me), because I find a lot more joy in it than playing in casual. Only problem is that I have to wait for some media member or higher to host the event for me because, let’s face it, the events are expensive and these guys get to host it for free.

To this day I cannot understand why such a dominant part of the gamemode requires (or rather costs) so much to be played. There is absolutely no reason for me to spend 450 tokens for 30 seconds of TNT Run where I lose tokens no matter whether I win or lose (Winning gives you 250 tokens [= 200 tokens loss], losing gives you none [= 450 tokens loss]). What’s funnier is that some events that cost 700 tokens don’t give you any tokens at all (Solo Dodgeball, one of the most popular events, being a primary example of that).

What is even harder for me to understand is how come that events that require a rank to be hosted cost more (not even by a small amount, 250 tokens. Almost enough to buy a kit pass with it) than events that don’t. How does it make sense that not only does one have to pay IRL money to host an event, but also pay more than the average price for it?

Now that I’ve stopped crying, here are some event-related suggestions:

• Lower event prices significantly. I believe around the 150-200 tokens mark would make a lot more sense in order to get an actual profit if I were to win the event.
  • Host events automatically every 15-20 minutes if an event has not been hosted in that time.
  • Remove/Reduce the event cooldown. It’s so annoying and some people are abusing it by hosting events with a long cooldown (such as Sumo who has a 10 minutes cooldown if I’m not wrong) so other people cannot host the events they want.
  • Provide discounts for higher ranks to host events for fewer tokens.
  • Add token prizes for all events that don’t have it yet (Dodgeball, Find the Button, War [perhaps give fewer tokens here as it’s a team effort], etc).

Thank you for coming to my ted talk.

16 Likes

agree

3 Likes

ok

2 Likes

why not have the prize and rhe price be the same

1 Like

Because that’s not how “gambling” works.
You put a certain amount of tokens in hopes of winning a larger amount of tokens.

One of the reasons why I made this suggestion is to encourage people to host events. If someone’s not into the fun side of events, why should they host one if it doesn’t benefit them in any way? At least if this suggestion were to be implemented, one could benefit from an event they host by profiting if they were to win.

1 Like

Dont worry mcdoanlds novody said hosting events is gambling

I’ve wanted to talk about this for the longest time.

For me, this fits into a much larger narrative that the entire update of kitpvp season 5 was a complete sham and was the worst update in munchymc history, which I’ll eventually make a topic addressing why I feel this way.

Remaining on topic however, I don’t feel like it’s the actual cost that’s the problem, it’s the amount of people hosting it. I personally have around 20k tokens saved up and I find no issue in spending them whenever I feel like hosting (which is all the time!). The real problem here I believe is the amount of people who can host events. This, again, can be attributed to the sheer cash grab that was kitpvp season 5, which made all events (besides default events which all suck or don’t work besides tnt run) required to have a rank to purchase. I despised this, and I’m shocked no one else has talked about it. I believe they should re add the old system where non ranked players can host events for more tokens than ranked players besides like legend events.

2 Likes

perhaps

2 Likes

mmmmmmm

Fair point of frustration and one that I’ve definitely neglected in the past. The event system was created, designed (and updated) shortly before I took over management fully, and this looks like one of the few remnants from that era.

Also - I’m really glad you’ve noted some suggestions at the end of your post, I appreciate that a lot. I’ve noted them down and am going to make some alterations soon.

8 Likes

mike mikeal michael you’re like the coolest man in history

5 Likes

nachogod agrees

agreed