Staff Application Tips! [Guide]

:star: Staff Application Tips :star:

:large_blue_diamond: Tip #1

:red_circle: Being prepared

Before you apply, you must ask yourself a couple questions. If you said yes to all of these questions, you should apply!

• Am I an active and participating member of the community?
  • Am I mature and helpful in the community?
  • Can I record hackers / rule breakers?
  • Do I know and understand the rules of the server, teamspeak and forums?
  • Have I contributed to the server in a positive way?
  • Am I a trustworthy person?
  • Am I viewed positvely by the players and staff members?
  • Have I been playing the server for a while?

Being prepared is a very important trait to have, whether it’s for applying for moderator or auditioning for a school play. Being prepared shows the staff team that you are a reliable person and will carry your further in your staffing career.

:large_blue_diamond: Tip #2

:red_circle: Being active in the community

Before I cover this topic, here are a few useful places that will allow you to converse with the community.

Team Speak - ts.munchymc.com
Website - https://www.munchymc.com
Forums - MunchyMC Forums
MunchyMC Hub - munchymc.com

Helping others -

Helping others in team speak, the forums or in-game is a great way to boost your chances of getting moderator. Helping others (not in a try-hard way) will show the staff team that you have a good knowledge of the server, you take time out of your day to help others so that they feel welcomed to the server and that you are generally a very mature and nice person. Helping others by answering there questions or concerns is something that the staff team does everyday. By doing that as well (as a normal player), is already very good! Now, one thing that you should NOT do, is try hard. What I mean is that you just log on to answer questions. That’s not very good, Although you are helping the community and players by answering questions from other players, it shows the staff team that you can’t really relax.

Casual Talk -

Although it is amazing that you are helping others, sometimes you can chill out! You can meet new people from the server, get to know them and become friends! This can also help you, because if you become staff, you will be a friendly face that most people know. This can lead to people seeing good things in you and giving you that +1 on your application. The community makes up the server and if you don’t talk to them in a casual way, you won’t be a very fun person. Keep in mind, that you can joke around with other people, but be able to know when to stop and what to say / not to say to others.

Showing Dedication -

Being active on the MunchyMC servers almost everyday shows dedication. This is a very big factor because the staff team doesn’t want someone who slacks off or quits after a week. Being active in-game is a very big factor in becoming a staff member. So try and be on as much as possible, without it being a hassle / a job.

Keeping Your Record Clean -

Although your record does not need to be squeaky clean, its nice to not have a lot of punishments. If you have lots of punishments, it shows that you have shown immaturity in the past or that you can’t handle mean comments. It’s not the end of the world if you have some mutes though!

:large_blue_diamond: Tip #3

:red_circle: A good application

Follow The Format -

Following the format is extremely important. If you do not, you will be denied. The format for the current staff applications can be found here (N/A).

Have good grammar -

Having good grammar shows professionalism and maturity. If your first language is NOT English, do not be afraid. Just include that English is not your first language and try your best! If you need help with grammar issues, you can always spell check it on the forums or write it on the program Word. It will give you options on how to fix sentences and grammatical / punctual issues.

Be detailed -

Having a detailed and thought out application shows the staff team that you put effort into your application and that you care. For those of you asking, “What do I put into my application?” Well, you want to put the good things about you. For example, you might want to list off some traits or characteristics you have that separate you from other candidates. Explain how you show that trait and it’ll eventually have lots of detail. Another thing you can put into your application would be your knowledge of MunchyMC or how you help out in the community.

Keep your application organized -

Organization and neatness on an application is a very good thing to have. This shows that you made the effort to make it look and nice and easy to read.

Do NOT make your application like this:

hello I wanna be staff because I am cool, im also like 19 years old and give me staff. i want staff coz Im good at finding hackers like Sourpatches. Also Im from the EST timezone. so pLEASE give me operator. i will help the server please please pLEaSE thank you for reding my application. K bye. - g i v e m e m o d.

^^ Do not make your application like that.

Instead make your application organized and detailed such as @TheCyberCreeper did. It is clean and easy to read.

DO NOT PLAGIARIZE -

I can not stress how much this matters. Do not plagiarize other applicants as that will result in an immediate denial and possibly even worse punishments. This shows a lack of honesty and integrity. This is almost like cheating on a test. I highly recommend you do not do this.

Make your application stand out -

Whether you are showing off some of your hacker reports, your characteristics or your personality, make it stand out! The staff team has to go through many applications so you want to make yours pop!

:large_blue_diamond: Tip #4

:red_circle: How to deal with responses

When you post your staff application, you will most likely get responses from the community. If someone gives you a +1, congrats!!! If someone gives you a -1, +0, -0.5, +0.5, they will most likely leave a reason why. The wise and mature thing to do is respond with something like, “Thanks for the feedback, I’ll be sure to work on it!”. Do not reply with something like the following:

DUDE WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!? IM ON 24/7 BETTER THAN YOU EZ LLLLLL, MAN U STUPID. IM MATURE AS HECK, IVE BEEN STAFF ON HYPIXEL!!!1111

Take the feedback politely and work on whatever they said.

Denial / Acception

If you get denied, don’t give up! You have more chances in the future. Don’t get all mad and start being toxic. That’ll just make it worse. If you get accepted, congrats!!! I wish you good luck in your interviews! :slight_smile:

:star::star::star: I hope you enjoyed this guide! :star::star::star:

If you want me to add anything that I missed, leave it down below!

Let me know if this helped you!!!

Goodluck to all future applicants!

Written by @ballbearer2010
74 Likes