MunchyMC Newsletter - December 2023

banner

MunchyMC Newsletter: Edition 71 - December 2023

Hello everyone, I hope you all had amaaaaazing holidays :turkey: Once again, quite a lot of things happened during this month on MunchyMC, so here comes the 71st edition of the Newsletter!
May 2024 be a successful year for all of you! :tada:

What is YOUR favorite Christmas movie? :snowman_with_snow:
  • Home Alone :scream:
  • The Grinch :angry:
  • Elf :elf:
  • Gremlins :rage:
  • The Nightmare Before Christmas :jack_o_lantern:
  • Polar Express :bullettrain_side:
  • Something else :eyes:
0 voters

Staff Team

Promotions

Survival Trial Moderator

skepiwi - skepiwi has been promoted to Survival Trial Moderator!

Event Moderators

LilithLuvsYa - LilithLuvsYa has been promoted to Event Moderator!

Rurus_ - Rurus_ has been promoted to Event Moderator!

Written by EvillRat.

–|~News!~|–

:ibby: Munchy of the Year 2023 :ibby:
You heard me right: it’s that time of the year again! More than two weeks have passed since the nominees were revealed, and, after allowing the community to vote for different candidates in about 10 categories, using this link, we can now reveal who the winners of the “Munchy of the Year 2023” title are!

Categories

:global: Community Member of the Year 2023 :global:
@TheFireGamer210
34% of the 149 votes!

:tada: Staff of the Year 2023 :tada:
@TheRedVelvetCake
28% of the 150 votes!

:kitpvp: KitPvP Member of the Year 2023 :kitpvp:
@Sript
33% of the 125 votes!

:prison: Prison Member of the Year 2023 :prison:
@NaoIsHere
38% of the 120 votes!

:survival: Survival Member of the Year 2023 :survival:
@danior
46% of the 115 votes!

:computer: Developer of the Year 2023 :computer:
@cahrypt
37% of the 136 votes!

Bonus Categories

:thinkingrere2: Who?? of the year (Seriously who is that???) :thinkingrere2:
@ZombiePigman642
42% of the 119 votes!

:survival_games: Survival Games Member of the Year 2023 :survival_games:
@Twinkiewinkie
31% of the 119 votes!

:woolwars: WoolWars Lobby Member of the Year 2023 :woolwars:
@oChocolate
45% of the 101votes!

:sunglasses: Hub Member of the Year 2023 :sunglasses:
@DarkKnights22
38% of the 119 votes!

:shockedrere: Server of the Year 2023 :shockedrere:
Prison
35% of the 143 votes!

Congratulations to all winners (and nominees)!

:christmas_tree: Tags :christmas_tree:
Some of the previous Christmas tags are also returning! It’s the case for the Grinch, Bear, Polarbear, Santa and Angel tags :eyes:! It’s also possible to buy newer tags, like Rudolph, FrostBite and CandyCane, or to purchase the new 2023 tag bundle on the MunchyMC Shop! You can find more about those here.

Written by NaoIsHere.

The last month of the year was filled with additions for Prison!

Prisonbreak :interrobang:
Prisonbreak finally made its return to Prison and with that, a new Prisonbreak map too! The map is called Spaceship.

Community Farm :corn:
The newly added farm lets you harvest double the amount of refined drugs. You can get there by doing /warp commune! Be careful though, PVP is always turned on. The reward is big, but so is the risk! Good luck!

Christmas Crates and other Items :gift:
Apart from the new Christmas Crates that were added, we also got a TON of new Ultra Legendary Items. These include the Mermaid set, Joker set, Big Bad Wolf Pickaxe, Spiderman Legs, Snow White Legs, Golden Snitch and Rumpelstiltskin’s Pickaxe. In addition to all these new ULs, we also got a new Fairytale Ultra Rare, as well as the Fabled Flash Pickaxe! Apart from all of this, we also got a bunch of nerfs, buffs and adjustments this month.

Cell Competition :trophy:
@TheFireGamer210 hosted a Cell Competition this month and there were a LOT of really amazing and very creative builds.
If you would like to read more about the competition click here!

:fire: I hope you all had an amazing 2023, I can’t wait to see what 2024 has in store for us! :fire:

To see the full list of added, nerfed, buffed or adjusted items this month, type /cl in game to see the changelog.

Written by DonutJack.

I. Survival Staff Applications

SURVIVAL STAFF APPS HAVE OPENED! If you haven’t noticed yet, you still have until the 14th to apply!

Click for more info

This was written by Nao:

If you’re interested in joining the Survival staff team, today’s your lucky day! The staff application season just opened for Survival, and we’re looking for dedicated, mature and active players who are interested in the Helper role! If you’d like to apply, keep in mind you have until the 14th of January to do so. I’d also recommend checking out this post for more information.
Here’s some staff application tips you might want to take a look at if you’re planning to apply. Good luck!

II. 1 Year of Survival Season 4

December 10th marks 1 year of Survival Season 4! That’s a whole 31,536,000 seconds!

Since Season 4 released, we have had a total of FIVE Updates, SEVEN Official Events and 16,119 unique players join this season in its first 365 days. That’s enough to fill 39 Boeing 747’s!

I have also come prepared for this! Here is a comparison of 1 year into S3 Vs 1 year into S4.

III. Comparison of 1 Year Into S3 Vs 1 Year Into S4

(All data taken on December 10th)

image Season 3 Top Balance:

#1 drgnfruits - $382,079
#2 Asylum_Rav - $367,916
#3 aphrodisiacal - $319,127
#4 LilTutle - $218,257
#5 kamidrgn* - $210,074

image Season 4 Top Balance:

#1 Yellowbestiebee - $396,557 +$14,478
#2 ledainaa - $301,153 -$66,763
#3 mescober - $185,124 -$134,003
#4 danior - $144,150 -$74,107
#5 EvillRat - $120,302 -$89,772

image Season 3 Top Claim Blocks:

#1 ktraiin - 644,780
#2 Starry_Dreams - 625,304
#3 Mysaan - 608,933
#4 drgnfruits - 439,417
#5 Sharkpaws - 395,837

image Season 4 Top Claim Blocks:

#1 Starry_Dreams - 396,933 -247,847
#2 danior - 395,375 -229,929
#3 Rycja - 372,438 -236,495
#4 EvillRat - 337,461 -101,956
#5 AlbertDoodleNut - 311,782 -84,055

image Season 3 Top Clans:

#1 FANCY - $615,708
#2 KIWI - $571,404
#3 Comet - $454,906
#4 Soul - $285,353
#5 LOGIC - $251,345

image Season 4 Top Clans:

#1 RVS - $635,754 +$20,046
#2 Bah! - $357,324 -$214,080
#3 Soul - $316,056 -$138,850
#4 ror - $220,260 -$65,093
#5 [TRI] - $192,403 -$58,942

IV. Kiwi X Bah Christmas Festival

This month the WONDERFUL Kiwi Clan hosted their THIRD festival, this time with the INCREDIBLE Bah Clan and hosted a Christmas festival! This is the first time two clans have hosted one of these festivals, and Bah Clan’s first!

This festival had many events, such as Christmas Onslaught, Boat Hockey and 4 Corners! Outside of the events there were even mapart shops, banner shops and a BEAUTIFUL red bauble giving out mince pies. Definitely not my bauble. I wouldn’t compliment myself. There was also a Secret Santa hosted by Mysan, which had 32 participants!

And you can’t forget Skullians and Jxkezy building their very own version of Shulker Onslaught for this event, make sure you thank them for all their hard work!

While the festival may be over, feel free to take a look around using the Warp Totem made for it!

Thank the Kiwi Clan and Bah Clan for hosting this, and @Mysaan and @Vicvi for organizing!

Click For Screenshots

Christmas Festival Event Winners:

4 Corners:

Round 1 - @EvillRat
Round 2 - @HeyAlan
Round 3 - @RobinMerryPoppin

Christmas Onslaught:

Practice Round - @Starry_Dreams

Round 1 - @ItsSnowyAmelia
Round 2 - @ak0ss
Round 3 - @Brooke_sun

1st - @ak0ss
2nd - @ItsSnowyAmelia
3rd - @Brooke_sun

Boat Hockey:

1st Red - @nataffy, @HeyAlan, @ak0ss
2nd Pink - @GrayNHL, @ItsSnowyAmelia, @Mcghosty1300
3rd Lime - @EvillRat, @Mysaan, @Wina_Does_Art

V. The Return of Kiss Cams?

Last month I was sent a kiss cam for the newsletter, and I assume that means kiss cams are back.

Here is our kiss cam this month. A Brooke_Sun kissing a Simfonija. wowzers.

Please send me your kiss cams on the forums or at my discord! (evillrat)

Thank you for reading, lets move on to some Christmas mapart!

Written by EvillRat.

VI. The Map Art Part

There has been some lovely map art made in December, some christmas themed but surprisingly most of it isn’t. Regardless I want to say thank you to everyone who has told me about these new map arts and sent me screenshots.

Click here for the Map Art!

Made by QueenBee707
Available in Shop 21

Made by QueenBee707
Available in Shop 21

Made by QueenBee707
Available in Shop 21

Made by Starry_Dreams
Available in Shop 14

Made by SUPER_duck11
Original image by Wina_Does_Art

Made by Nadis_Nadis, Monesteir and BuffCorgi_
Original image by BuffCorgi_

And remember! If you make any Map Art in January, please send me a message either in game or on discord (Mysaan) to get included in the newsletter. See you all next time!

Written by Mysaan.

Community Art Highlights! :paintbrush:

Hello everyone! Hope you have had a great December! If you celebrated Christmas or New Years I hope you had a good time and I hope that the new year has been well for you all. Before I show you all the wonderful art that was made this month let me show you our artist interview with Wina_Does_Art.

Wina_Does_Art

Artist Interview with Wina_Does_Art

Wina_Does_Art is a known artist within the creations channel in the community discord. You can see a lot of art posted by her mostly made digitally but also including some traditional art. So let’s get in to her interview.

Click here!
  • How long have you been practicing art for, and what started it?
    I’ve been doing art for around 11 years, and my dad inspired me to start drawing when I was very young.
  • What is your favorite part of the process behind making a new artwork, and which part do you think is the hardest?
    I really enjoy watching it all come together, like being able to rewatch speed-paints, removing layers to see past work, and looking at your finished product. The hardest part is probably the idea of what to draw. The question “what do I draw?” Is the question of all questions in art.
  • Do you think your art style has developed, and if so how do you think it has developed?
    My style has developed so much in the past year or two, looking back I can’t even recognize my own work sometimes. Though I still have much to learn, I have improved on face and body proportions. I still stay true to my cartoon art style but have been able to combine it with many different forms.
  • Is there anything you’re looking forward to doing with your art in the new year or any goals you have?
    I’m looking forward to setting up more ways to get paid for commissions and possibly turning art into a career later on.

:snowflake: December 2023 Art Gallery :snowflake:

Click here!
Sp1derSnake

Wina_Does_Art

Illustration of LuluBearG, JediAJ212, Wina_Does_Art, NeonKnight9115, and MrSmolBeans

LuLuBearG

LoveBlue

Brockq

Illustration of Sp1derSnake

May__Z

Simfonija

OakyBush

Kiikyo

I would just like to put a small disclaimer here for how I make these since some people have complained their art isn’t here sometimes. I take all art from the starboard, meaning that the month that your art gets onto starboard is the month it will go into the newsletter if that makes sense. :heart:

Written by Mysaan.

And that is all for this month!

turkey_food_PNG6

Thank you for reading yet another Newsletter!

23 Likes

Where’s the Woolwars section 0/10

3 Likes

we made it @Scop211

2 Likes

otortle pls

1 Like

no

2 Likes

i hate you

4 Likes

thank you for featuring the mapart nadis, mon and I made :heart: It means a lot!

Aside from that, this newsletter was a W

4 Likes

Pretty good newsletter 9/10

1 Like

that kiss cam was mine, i am very proud of it.

5 Likes

Still the worst clan ever

1 Like

logic on top (free scop)

2 Likes

kitpvp :(

4 Likes

Where’s McMMO???

2 Likes

i didnt have a screenshot of mcmmo leaderboards from s3

2 Likes

The king of Kitpvp is not pleased with the lack of Kitpvp

1 Like

@EvillRat
cough cough WHAT!? chokes on air

5 Likes

omg

3 Likes

Vivian I-

AHEM:

1. great kiss cam
  2. BUT WHY
  3. me and Sim were KISSING??
6 Likes

ikr :joy:
(I recall I was on the verge of murdering you, which never happened)

4 Likes
  1. TY
  2. because i send kisscams whenever possible
  3. yes yes you were
3 Likes