Skepiwi's Helper Application (Winter 2023)

IGN: skepiwi
Timezone: GST (Gulf Standard Time)

How active can you be per week?

Monday-Thursday: Available 4pm-8pm (GST)
Friday: Available 1pm-12am (GST)
Saturday-Sunday: Available 7am-12am (GST)

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so, please describe your side of story:

Yes,
I have two bans for X-ray from when I first joined the server in 2020, the first unban I completed purgatory, the second unban I bought. Back when I first joined I was a much more immature kid who didn’t really care for the rules and thought he could get away with X-raying. When I look back on it, I truly am embarrassed of my younger, more immature self, but that’s in the past for me and I apologize for those past behaviors.
I also may have joke punishments and an auto-mute from spamming my friends’ dms around 1 year or 2 ago when messing around.

Have you applied for this role before? If so, please explain the steps you have taken to improve as an applicant since your last application:

No,
I have not applied for this role previously as I did not see myself ready in the sense of activity, maturity or commitment, and also not educated enough on the server to apply.

What do you think your reputation is like within the community?

I think my reputation within the community is positive, I feel as though most players don’t see me as the “serious” type or extreme “grindy” type but more so someone who has fun and messes around with players to bring the mood up.

My reputation has grown throughout the years in different ways, although I would say originally it spouted through creating Pokeland and Event hosting on survival during season 2. I would host events often for lots of gold and would have tons of players having fun! Which is something I really enjoy seeing as I enjoy giving back to the community.

I am most recently known by the community for being MunchyMC’s Survival 3D Artist creating enjoyable models to be added in survival. I still log on consistently to help others, host, play events, or mess around and have fun with other people! Additionally being nominated twice for MOTY (2022 & 2023) is to some people a sign of a strong reputation and someone who has been dedicated to the server and player base that year. Which shows why I believe my reputation within the community is positive and strong, along with being a fun-enjoyable one where no one should be afraid of messaging me and sees me as welcoming.

Why are you interested in the role and what motivated you to apply?

I am interested in this role as I have slowly grown on this server for over 3 years now and have taken steps from starting off as your regular player hosting events for others and grinding, to becoming a bug and idea team member to help improve the quality of gameplay on the server by reporting bugs and giving ideas for survival. Then I became a 3D Artist for survival to further make the communities experience an enjoyable and quality one by assisting with the creation of custom 3D models.

Which leads up to why I’m interested and motivated to apply, I decided I was ready to take the next step in the community by wanting to apply for helper as I would like to interact more directly with players and help them, instead of primarily “Behind the scenes” work, in turn improving the quality of gameplay for the player base. I have made many connections, friendships, met incredible players, created memories, and was welcomed into the community kindly. Applying for staff now would be my way of repaying the community for all it’s done for me.

Do you have any experience with moderating communities such as minecraft servers or other leadership roles? If so, please briefly detail it.

Yes,
Apart from being a BIT member and 3D Artist, I am currently a staff member on OmarmuMC’s survival server, and have been for around 5 months.
(Proof can be provided in DMs)

I am an SMod on his server currently and have had a lot of moderating experience whether it comes to bans, griefing, muting, it has given me extensive knowledge of how to moderate.

This server averages about 20-30 players most days and has taught me many things. From this server I have learnt how to diffuse chat situations like arguments, and how to take appropriate actions towards players when caught breaking rules. I also know how to talk to players in a calm manner and respectful manner as this is expected from a staff member. Along with that I have extensive knowledge of staff commands throughout my time on the server, however most of that will not be relevant for this staff application.

As an SMod I have taken a leadership position by offering to mentor new staff which takes commitment and maturity as well as leadership. So far I have mentored two staff members @Moumik who became a wonderful SMod and @Candlea who became a skilled admin. I also take leadership when it comes to creating and hosting events for the server, along with moderation of these events catching cheaters and taking appropriate action.

Overall I have extensive moderation knowledge and leadership qualities that I would like to use on MunchyMC that I learnt from another server.

Thank you for taking your time to read my application and I hope to see your feedback in the comments! Good luck other applicants! :confetti_ball:

Edit 1: Added Discord for “Age” question.
Edit 2: Time said “Gulf standard team” instead of “Gulf standard time”

26 Likes

+1, skep has been awesome ever since i met him as a tiny 12 year old skeppyweepoo. definitely deserves helper!

4 Likes

Huge +1, skep you have an amazing impact on survival and I think you would be great for staff, good luck!!

3 Likes

Huge +1 I LOVE SKEP

good luck babes <33333

(make sure to add the part I told u2 add)

3 Likes

will you give me chestnuts if i +1?

this didn’t count as a +1 keep typing and give me a straightforward answer boy.

1 Like

@EvillRat Thank you so much rat! you have been there for my 3 years on the server and was one of the first people to truly welcome to the community. :heart:
rat was dedicated to watch my stream for when I posted when HE WASNT in VC
image (5)

@Mysaan Thank you so much!! You also have been with me a long time on Munchy and we first talked to eachother through Pokeland and ended up clanmates.

@Scop211 Thanks babe <33
i know scop311

@DREX0R fine I’ll share ONE chestnut with you.

6 Likes

+1 accept this man already

2 Likes

In the relatively short time I have properly interacted with skepiwi, they have always been super kind and helpful and I can definitely vouch skepiwi stands for fun. You also seem to be a very well established member of the community, and I am sure you’ll do great as a helper!

+1, good luck skep!

2 Likes

if I say BOY it refers to the dude who made the application.

To say BOY isn’t good at planning or contributing to things is an outright lie, in the small while I have known him and interacted with him he is definetly a goober and a handful of trouble but the good kind! BOY is already a very incredible 3d artist and apparently an smod on another server too which I’m impressed by. There’s a ton of deserving people for the position and I think you could be one of them BOY. You’re really thoughtful and smart (but not as much as me BOY). I am very excited for your next 3d cosmetics and I wish you the best of luck for the position.

+1 lemme have my chestnut now BOY

1 Like

If skep doesn’t get accepted, I’m paying everyone who replied Legend.

4 Likes

:heart:

4 Likes

+1

Well known, tons of experience behind the scenes, active, etc etc

so… yes

3 Likes

+1 duh

3 Likes

+1

Has good experience, well known in the communty, just yes.

4 Likes

+1 good at annoying me about events

4 Likes

Skepiwi has given a lot to survival and shows great commitment to the community! I appreciate all of the hard work you’ve put into things and it makes the server more enjoyable. A definite +1

3 Likes

+5000 skep has been one of the big behind-the-scenes contributors to survival; He is extremely talented, super mature, and always ready to have fun with everyone.

Best Mentor, no more needed to say :green_heart:

5 Likes

Love this application! Very detailed and organized, well done and is well known within the community, deserves the 1+

3 Likes

#1 Smod

+1

3 Likes

GET THIS MAN IN!!!

yummers

2 Likes