Rollbacks

I understand that staff refuse to compensate players who were affected by the Survival rollback, but shouldn’t there be any form of compensation to those who can provide sufficient and reliable forms of proof and validation? I have the proof that I was affected, so Is my trouble and problems not worth the effort of staff? Like if you dig out a mountain, and it got rollbacked, I get that you can’t delete the mountain, but could you at least give some gold or a key if I show proof, so I’m not left empty handed? And if players ARE compensated, shouldn’t the level of compensation they receive be somewhat comparable to the loss they endured?

1 Like

If staff has to compensate every progress lost in rollbacks then that’s going to take ages, let alone that they also have to figure out what a comparable compensation is.

^^ What Bee Said - Not going to say it again to stop repetivity

Relatively new to survival, but we’ve had this happen before on Prison and someone made a post about the exact same issue. The rollback is unfortunate, but there’s not much that can be done about it. The system is imperfect and everyone will be affected differently. Sorry that you made a lot of progress in that time, but it’s kind of just how it is.

1 Like
  1. The player can supply proof if they have it.

2. I’m not saying staff give back EVERYTHING that was lost. I’m just saying to give something like gold or a crate key or two. Also I’m pretty sure giving players gold or crate keys will not take every long.

3. If a player wants to receive compensation the player can suggest a reasonable level of compensation and staff can accept or deny within reason.

4. shouldn’t the burden rest upon staffs shoulders as the experience of Munchys players and it’s vast community should be a priority? I doubt the amount of effort it takes to review a recording of proof and giving some gold or something along those lines is seen as difficult. Staff has stated that rollbacks don’t happen often as they are to be avoided at all costs, so wouldn’t taking the time to review the survival community’s posts be inconsequential in a staffs duties timeline?

1 Like

Alright so, I understand what you’re saying, but I have only become a very regular player on Survival recently and come from moderating a gamemode where this occurrence does not happen that often. Due to this, I’ll take an example from a different yet quite similar subject - reports.

Reports can be a bit overwhelming at times. From players either screaming at me to get online because of a cheater or a very offensive chat rule breaker, not to mention the amount of reports that flood discord channels and forums. Although, we are familiar with this situation and knew what we’re getting into, therefore we’re able to manage this subject correctly and efficiently. Each report follows a certain pattern that includes examining the evidence, determining whether the reported player is guilty, figuring out a punishment for them if so, and finally giving it, this taking around 1-2 minutes depending on the report.

Take the time needed for reports, and multiply it by up to 10 for what you are suggesting. This process including examining the evidence of the request, figuring out whether they should be compensated, figure out what the player should be compensated (Something that would probably include admin interference), go to some coordinations provided to place the items, and much more in the time that the player could’ve probably gotten back what he lost. Now multiply this time for 30 angry players who lost their progress and wish to be compensated for it.

I understand your frustration, and I absolutely come forward for you guys when it comes to your experience, but I do not see this case as more than a time loss for everyone involved. I sincerely apologize for what happened, and I’m sure higher ups have already planned ways for how to stop this from happening in the future.

8 Likes

Just to add on, beef answered the same question here: Rollback Issues on Survival - #3 by BFI01

3 Likes

Why is Admin interference and coordinate knowledge necessary? Shouldn’t reviewing a short clip of the progress lost dictate the value of credibility in relation to the parties affected? Wouldn’t an SMOD be able to just grant a small sum of gold to a players balance? And they don’t have to do it for everyone; just those with sufficient and legitimate evidence. This shouldn’t be on a massive scale, and shouldn’t take long to fit into approximately 16 hours of the day they’re awake (or less depending on their daily schedules). Placing an exaggerated level of difficulty on a small task that seems reasonable with general authoritative oversight can be done efficiently, and doesn’t need to be validated by a higher up such as an admin. Right?

Mcdonalds already gave a very detailed answer, I am going to add that I dont think the players realize how much work it could be. We have to deal with reports, chat offenses, or hackers CONSTANTLY. This is work we do without being payed, because we love the server and the community and we want to give you guys the best experience possible. If a rollback happened its not because we hate you guys but because there was litteraly no other choice. And if we don’t give the players compensation, it’s because it’s way too complicated to manage.

The rollback was super unfortunate, and we all lost some work. As for me, I lost 4h of progress in farming and building and I’m as frustrated as you guys are.

We would love to give compensation, but this is just not that easy and the staff can only apologize for the inconvenience.

I’m closing this topic as I don’t see it going anywhere.

We love you guys and we would love to help, but no compensation can be given.

9 Likes