MunchyMC Newsletter - December 2021

banner

MunchyMC Newsletter: Edition 47 - December 2021

Hello Munchies and welcome back to the 47th edition and the last newsletter of 2021!
We have alot of news for you today so fasten your seatbelt and let’s get right into it!

- DutchMTC

Staff Team

Promotions

Junior Moderator

DutchMTC - DutchMTC has been promoted to KitPvP & SG Junior Moderator!
SizzleBurger - SizzleBurger has been promoted to KitPvP & SG Junior Moderator!

Helper

Moon1e - Moon1e has been promoted to Survival Helper!

Bug & Idea Team

Atterax - Atterax has been promoted to a Global Bug & Idea Team Senior member!
G3B_ - G3B_ has joined the Bug & Idea Team!

Written by DutchMTC.

–|~News!~|–

KitPvP Highlights!

KitPvP Highlights Christmas

:snowflake: Snowy Skin Competition Results
Me, Twinkie and Sizzle hosted a Skin Competition with the categories Festive, Olaf, Holiday Pair and Overall!

Lets check out the winners:

:snowflake: Festive Skin:
:1st_place_medal: AngelicRay
:2nd_place_medal: Saintior
:3rd_place_medal: SleepyNacho

:snowflake: Olaf:
:1st_place_medal: Repuffin
:2nd_place_medal: AngelicRay
:3rd_place_medal: GeorgeWasntFound

:snowflake: Pair:
:1st_place_medal: Repuffin & SnowyFoir
:2nd_place_medal: AngelicRay & Saintior
:3rd_place_medal: ILOVELALO & FXR3

:snowflake: Overall:
:1st_place_medal: AngelicRay
:2nd_place_medal: Saintior
:3rd_place_medal: Repuffin

:date: New Event Maps
With another month, also comes NEW EVENT MAPS!

Let’s see which maps got added this month:

:date: Week 4: King Kong Spleef

Created by paengi

:date: Week 5: Mystic Cliffs SuperSumo

Created by Atterax

:date: Week 6: Racetrack TNTRun

Created by DaanB

:date: Week 6: Snowglobe Sumo

Created by Twinkiewinkie

:date: Week 7: Deep Sea Parkour Race

Created by Oryeo

Written by DutchMTC.

Prison Highlights!

prison map 8 banner

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from the MunchyMC Prison staff team!

Also a special congratulations to the wonderful @whippingcream and @Joedaboss for winning ‘Prison Member of the Year’ in the Munchy of the Year 2021 awards (which can be found here).

prison leaderboards

Remember that two players will have items named after them at the end of Map 8R!

• The #1 Top Rank player will have a Legendary in Map 9 named after them.
  • The #1 Ultras Looted player will have an Ultra Rare in Map 9 named after them.

Below is how the current Map 8R leaderboard stands:

:crown: Top Ranked :crown:

#1 - Chance1337 - (XVIII)(New)
#2 - NotOryx - (XI)(A4)
#3 - Craz33 - (IX)(D1)
#4 - TSUTT_ - (IX)(New)
#5 - liambgames - (VIII)(B4)
#6 - GlitchCrown - (VIII)(B4)
#7 - xCorgo - (VIII)(B1)
#8 - Joedaboss - (VIII)(New)
#9 - saladbutter - (VII)(New)
#10 - Teenyrobot - (VI)(B2)

:global: Most Ultras Looted :global:

#1 - TSUTT_ - 1,013
#2 - Leeaff - 450
#3 - liambgames - 432
#4 - Chance1337 - 270
#5 - LegMuncher66 - 245
#6 - Craz33 - 228
#7 - biz10 - 196
#8 - Joedaboss - 171
#9 - qkyu - 155
#10- saladbutter - 129

Written by dxlicaterose.

Survival Highlights!

Hey folks! Hope everyone had a happy Christmas or happy holidays if you dont celebrate. Happy New Years to everyone too! Excited to see what 2022 holds for Survival :orange_heart: For now though, lets get into our December highlights!

I. [RESULTS] Christmas Mapart Competition !

The Christmas Mapart competition results kicked off this month! Being judged in perhaps a record amount of time (“bro I said 1-3 days on the forum post not 1-3 minutes” - Alkemystix) and having such amazing entries, let’s see our winners shall we?

:1st_place_medal: Santa’s Workshop
Built by: spookywilloww, ToastyGhostys, SmoonC
They won:
1 month VIP++ Rank
Exclusive Coloured Glow Effect (of your choice)
15x Fall Crate Keys

Santa's Workshop

:2nd_place_medal: Survival Staff Mapart
Built by: SprinkleOwO, Brotherawesome
They won:
1 month VIP+ Rank
10x Fall Crate Keys

Survival Staff Mapart

:3rd_place_medal: Most Cherished Memory
Built by: Starry_Dreams
They won:
8 Fall Crate Keys

Most Cherished Memory

unknown-2

Congrats to all winners, and well done to all who participated, all your entries were amazing!

II. New Winter Crates !

The New Winter Crates have been released !

Many wonderful things were released in these crates, but the most amazing (I think) were the new hats! You can find out more about these here! Of course, there were a lot more released than just the hats :p and you can find out more about these in @EvillRat’s guide, which you can find here!

You can find the link to buy these keys here!

III. 12 Days Of Christmas Event !

This Christmas, we had an event where if you returned to Mrs Claus, and completed the task given, you would get a special treat in return. These prizes varied from custom heads, to even a special tag!

Special Tag

IV. [ONGOING] Fantasy Build Competition !

Kicking off with our 2nd (or 3rd?) build comp, we have the Fantasy Build Competition, hosted and judged by the wonderful @Alkemystix, and judged by the amazing @DragonsMaker and @RossRao !

This build comp will be ongoing until Saturday, the 29th of January @ 11pm GMT!

The prizes for this competition are as follows:

:1st_place_medal: 1st Place
Exclusive Glow Effect (of your choice)
15 Crate Keys
1 Month of VIP++

:2nd_place_medal: 2nd Place
10 Crate Keys
1 Month of VIP+

:3rd_place_medal: 3rd Place
8 Crate Keys

Find out more on how to enter here and good luck to all!

V. Christmas Build Battle !

The Christmas Build Battle was held on the 19th of December, and had so many participants. It was impressing to see how people can build such good things in such a teensy tiny timeframe, congrats to everyone who entered, truly. However, lets see our winners!

Winners and Prizes:

:1st_place_medal: Starry_Dreams, Repuffin
They won:
6 Winter Crate Keys!
1000 Gold
Santa Plushie santa

:2nd_place_medal: amy2017, _ Man0n _
They won:
4 Winter Crate Keys!
Mrs Claus Plushie mrsclaus

:3rd_place_medal: MyBee, Neptunium237
They won:
2 Winter Crate Keys!
Elf Plushie elf

Congrats to all the winners, thank you to those who showed up and for participating <3

VI. Jolly Skin Competition

The second last thing to happen this month is the Jolly Skin Competition! Hosted on the 23rd of December, with @SantaMTC, @kaittt and @LunaInSpace judging, it was truly a festive event! A whopping 30+ groups of people joined this event, and survival got over 100 people online! (We won’t talk about how surv crashed half way through it… nope.)

Anyways, let’s take a look at our winners and what they won, shall we?

:1st_place_medal: VioletRay, danior1
They won:
5x Crate Key
1x EXCLUSIVE Santa Claus Plushie

:2nd_place_medal: EsioTrot, ZeePog
They won:
3x Crate Key
1x EXCLUSIVE Snowman Plushie

:3rd_place_medal: Axpectt, Kybz
They won:
1x Crate Key
1x EXCLUSIVE Penguin Plushie

Congratulations to all our winners, and thank you to all who showed up and participated, it was magical, and all your skins were amazing :orange_heart:

VII. Kiwimas Christmas Festival

And last, but definitely not least, the Kiwimas Festival! The Kiwi Clan hosted a wonderful Christmas event on Christmas Eve, that carried on over Christmas. The Kiwis had many different things to do at the event. Secret Santa? They gotchu. Food stands? Pfffft they have it. Events? They have them too :p

A huge thank you to the wonderful Kiwis who made Christmas special for those who either don’t celebrate, or who just wanted to spend time on Survival over the holidays. This event made many people’s Holidays so thank you sm to y’all <3 Huge props

That’s it for this month folks! There was a lot I know, but I hope you all enjoyed reading! Happy Holidays, and Happy New Years folks, here’s to an amazing 2022!

Written by infernalfae.

Wool Wars Highlights!

Hello everyone, Jamiedactyl her—
wait wrong intro
What’s up people, it’s your favorite guy Zachdo—
nonono
Hey guys, this is Joeko—
Ugh. Alright guys. Final try.

THIS IS IS SOMETHIN’ NEW, THE CASPER SLIDE PART TWO, FEATURING THE PLATINUM BAND, AND THIS TIME, IT’S TIME TO GET FUNKY

What the heck, let’s keep it :)

Woolwars. WhOO! This has undeniably been the best year for munchy’s best gamemode. From countless updates, an amazing staff team, and the wonderful players who joined this year, everything has just been the greatest. Sometimes it’s easy to get caught up in the moment and forget how far we’ve come, so I’ve decided to introduce a yearly tradition for the woolwars newsletter.

INTRODUCING...

WOOLWARS, YEAR IN REVIEW

I’ve decided to compile a short history of everything significant that happened in woolwars the past year. This will be an annual tradition for the January newsletter. Well, hopefully it will be. Right now I’m just praying that Bee ef eye oh one doesn’t demote me for making too many your mom jokes in the lobby. In any case, lets get on with it!

Disclaimer

Please don’t kill me if some of the dates are messed up I spent like three hours crawling through the forums announcements category to make this and I’m tired so please don’t cut my head off

January

January included many changes to woolwars. First off, our staff team acquired some amazing new cuties, including Beanep, Ripshot, Lunainspace, Mddey, SixNumbers, Zeepog, and Plazmal. Along with that, the year was kicked off with a 1v1 brackets tournament! January also brought the addition of jump boost ll potions to the loot table. New map Monday was also announced, flooding the server with some of the most loved maps to date!

February

February brought arguably the most loved addition to woolwars in existence: /Kiss. Visiting the woolwars lobby at this time was akin to sitting in paris next to a star-lit fountain during a full moon. The love and passion during this month brought forth the best in the playerbase, and far too many hearts were shattered upon its removal.
The woolwars easter map competition was also announced in February. Players competed to build the best easter-themed map before time ran out!
Along with this changes, the woolwars loot table also received more modification. No more would we find Iron blocks, stacks of 16 snowballs, and full durability fishing rods in chests.

March

Guess what happened in march. That’s right, more loot table changes :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:
Gold sword, my beloved :heavy_heart_exclamation:

April

Lot’s of stuff happened in April. First of all, we got a brand new kit. Easter kit gives you four eggs, each spawning a killer death bunny when thrown. Speaking of easter, two competitions occured in April: the lobby island build competition, and the egg hunt. Eggs were randomly scattered across the lobby, and finding them all gave you the chance to win an exclusive rank. Three new islands were also added to the lobby, each with their own special theme. Map rotation was also added in April, but was removed due to negative community feedback.

May

The arrival of may ushered in yet another tournament for the community to enjoy: 2v2 brackets. Players competed in teams of two in competitive matches. Summer staff season also occurred in May, with a record number of applicants getting accepted. HELIXED, JUST511, IcePopcorn, JamieDactyl, and Zombiebot01 all joined the staff team, with many others getting promoted.

June

Guys teaming is NO LONGER allowed so make sure to REPORT anyone you see teaming in a PUBLIC GAME for a STAFF MEMBER to PUNISH THEM :angry: :angry: :angry: :no_entry_sign: :radioactive: :no_entry:

July

With July came the woolwars media competition. Players and content creators competed to create the most entertaining woolwars video. This event was amazing, and I hope to see it again this year!

August

omgomgomg so much happened in august I’m gonna get carpal tunnel just from typing this.
First off came the clan tournament, where prominent woolwars clans competed against each other in large tournament maps. Day two of the tournament was by far the most intense. The last surviving clans - Appa, Encryption, and Comet - had a chaotic battle. As the sandstone crept up to the final layer, Zachdontfall, Sript, Joekoe, Lunainspace, and JUST511 all fought vigorously. After both of their teams had died, Zach and Sript had a heated 1v1, with Zach barely winning the game for appa. This day was also so fun because multiple streamers were broadcasting their perspectives, allowing players so go back and view their best moments.

August also brought the biggest gameplay update of the year, with changes including a post match report, map selection, a permanent doubling of all tokens earned, and changes to over a dozen kits

September

A new woolwars event called wool cup was created in September. Drafted teams of four fought against each other in a round robin style, with the team that had the most points winning it all.

October

Yet another event was announced in October. The first player to reach 100 wins would take home the prize of wooly tag. Many top community members competed, but in the end Soluscontinuum won by a landslide, becoming the first player to receive the coveted golden wooly tag.

November

November was another great month for woolwars. It was around this time that skeppy began to create woolwars content again, which lifted woolwars out of the playercount slump it previously had. November also brought forth a new map competition, this one for new years. This one is so recent it hasn’t been judged yet, so keep your eyes out! A changelog was also added to woolwars, allowing players to more clearly see the progress of the development team’s work on the gamemode.

December

During this December, woolwars got another amazing event. Hosted by Lukasek, the woolwars advent race comprised of daily challenges that players would race to complete the quickest. These challenges ranged from getting two ender pearls in a public game without teleporter to making art depicting a woolwars staff member. This was definitely one of my favorite events tis year.

POLLS

Okay, that was a lot to get through. As part two of our woolwars review, I’ve decided to make some polls to see which events were the most loved by the community.

What was your favorite competitive event this year?

• 1v1 brackets tournament
  • 2v2 brackets tournament
  • Clan tournament
  • Wool cup
  • Race to 100 wins

0 voters

What was your favorite non-competitive event this year?

• Easter build competition
  • Lobby island build competition
  • Egg hunt
  • Woolwars media competition
  • New years map competition
  • Woolwars advent

0 voters

What did you enjoy most about this year of woolwars?

• Improving at the game
  • Meeting new people
  • Streaming or making videos
  • Playing in events

0 voters

WOOLWARS KISS CAM??

Yep, that’s right. Woolwars has no kiss cam this month. For once this year, it’s time we look past all the kissing, twerking, you’re gifs, Brazil, and all of our amazing inside jokes. let’s take a step back and remember what we truly have. Our community is so kind, so welcoming, and so tight knit. Over the years, we’ve shaped woolwars into a place where people want to be, not because of the game, but because of the people who play it, an achievement unrivaled in any other server. Woolwars is great not because of cobweb clutching, or glider jokes, or all the different kits. Woolwars is great because of you. This year I’ve formed friendships that match and sometimes even exceed my relationships in real life. Thank you, all of you, for making this server a place people can feel at home.

I love you all, and I can’t wait to see where this new year takes us :heart:

Written by ZombieBot01.

And that is all for this month!

Thank you all for reading this edition of the Newsletter and I hope you all had a very merry christmas and a happy new year!

See you in the next one!

- DutchMTC
29 Likes

hey thats me

7 Likes

That is you

4 Likes

All sections are amazing this time but most notably the woolwars one for me (NO BIAS!!!)
Really really great work everyone!!

7 Likes

v cool :gorilla::+1:

4 Likes

luna has been staff since 2020 though

4 Likes

Great newsletter edition! I loved it sm :purple_heart:

5 Likes

Yeah like I said I’m one hundred percent right about everything

Summary

I’m sorry forums are weird so that latest replies bump up a topic so sometimes it looks later than it actually was​:sob::sob:

7 Likes

Amazing newsletter!! Really nice read.

gif

34EC76BA-8BD2-40A3-87AC-8BBBD6012A27

4 Likes

AMAZING NEWSLETTER AS USUAL :sunglasses:

4 Likes

HELLO EVERYBODY

This is probably the best munchy newsletter ever, I loved the Woolwars year in review!

4 Likes

What a great newsletter to end of the year!

• 2021 was a great year for munchymc, hoping that 2022 will be an even better year than the years past. TO A 7TH YEAR OF MUNCHYMC B)
3 Likes

no way im in a newsletter

3 Likes

I’m gonna cry with these cha cha slide references

5 Likes

Amazing Newsletter as always!

3 Likes

thats strange, i dont see the entry about the 1 block rule being removed

1 Like

I wonder why

3 Likes

Great newsletter as always :D!