Munchy of the Year 2022

MunchyNewYears

MunchyMC’s Most Memorable Members of 2022

Hey Munchies!

As every December, I present to you this year’s Munchy of the Year post. For organisational reasons, the categories this year have been reduced to a level similar to the original MOTY format. I have asked for help from the entire staff team to eliminate as many of my personal biases as possible, but keep in mind that the final nominations were decided entirely by myself. However, in the end, it is up to you as the community to decide who deserves to win these awards the most! The results will be hidden until the polls close on January 14th, at which point the winners will be determined and announced. Here is a list of all previous winners.

As usual, you will find some exciting statistics about Munchy’s most active members of the year at the very bottom of this post! If you wish to, you can of course use that information to help you pick who to vote for!

Instead of blanket banning some of our wonderful community members this year, I have created two bonus polls where they can make an appearance. In particular, in the MOTY of the Year poll previous MOTY winners have been nominated to shine some light on their development and achievements since they have been voted Munchy of the Year by you guys. Furthermore, the fun poll “Media Admin” gives the previously excluded BadBoyHalo, Antfrost, and Dream, a chance to appear in an edition of MOTY in their very own category.

Discloser: Due to some concerns in previous years, this year we will not publish your votes. Instead, you can vote in complete secrecy without being plagued by your conscience for voting against one of your friends. You are more than welcome to share who you voted for, but we will keep that information secret for you!

Community Member of the Year 2022

player CrismisCrafty

@Craftifyer stands out as one of the most active members of the entire MunchyMC community in 2022. Not only is he arguably the most active contributor to the forums community, but he is also one of the few people that are influential across the board in all of our game modes.

player paengi

As one of our most active builders, @paengi has already been nominated for MOTY in 2021 and has continued making invaluable contributions throughout the whole year. Most notably, she has built the gorgeous survival spawn for season 4 which you should check out right now if you haven’t yet.

player skepiwi

I cannot deny that @skepiwi’s nomination is influenced by both personal and recency bias considering that I started personally working with him just a few weeks ago. However, he has picked up @DragonsMaker’s position as our survival 3D artist wonderfully so I would like to honour his relatively short span of contribution regardless. Here is to many more months of collaboration on pets and custom accessories!

player Tarteris

While @Tarteris has recently been promoted to helper on survival, she still qualifies for the Community Member poll since this has been her role for most of the year. Tarteris is active on our survival and prison servers alike and is known mostly for her kindness and helpfulness towards other players on the server. On survival, she has been heavily involved in the community farm project, which aims to make starting out as easy as possible for new players.

player TSUTT_

@TSUTT was probably the best overall looter in 2022 in maps 8 and 9, and has had a huge impact on the prison meta today. From the first day of map 9 TSUTT took the top of the looting leaderboards, and it took months for other to catch up to what he could accomplish in a few weeks. TSUTT over this past year has had a huge impact on prison and is one of the most notable prison players of all time.

Vote for the Community Member of the Year 2022 Award!

Community Member of the Year
  • CrismisCrafty
  • paengi
  • skepiwi
  • Tarteris
  • TSUTT_
0 voters

Staff of the Year 2022

player Alkemystix

After securing a respectable third place in last year’s Staff of the Year poll, @Alkemystix is the only nominee in this category to reappear again this year. To put this accomplishment into perspective, only Callahan, Crypt, and BFI01 have managed to defend their Staff of the Year nomination so far. Alk has taken on more leadership responsibilities this year and has contributed significantly to the successful release of Survival’s fourth season.

player DutchMTC

It is difficult to pick out one specific thing about @DutchMTC because she just does everything. She is involved in a lot of projects across the network and puts herself forward wherever she can help. Dutch is staff on most servers, a newsletter editor, co-manages the media team, and does so much more - a true MunchyMC allrounder!

player EvillRat

While @EvillRat has resigned from the staff team at the end of November, he is still active on the server, in the bug and idea team, and most recently also in the media team. Rat is probably most commonly known for his incredibly helpful guides and infographics. Whether it is survival, prison, or woolwars, he probably wrote the standard resource that you use whenever looking something up.

player liambgames

Even though @liambgames only became a helper in April, he is clearly amongst the most active prison staff members. Even before joining the staff team, liam has been hugely influential over his many years on the network. In fact, he is one of the only players - if not the only one - who has actively played every single one of our 9 prison maps. Thus, it should come as no surprise that he is one of the most well-known and respected players on the entire network.

player Sript

Just like last year, @Sript has earned his MOTY nomination due to his outstanding activity and knowledge about the detection of cheaters and rule breakers. Despite being relatively new to the staff team he is arguably one of our most experienced mods.

Vote for the Staff of the Year 2022 Award!

Staff of the Year
  • Alkemystix
  • DutchMTC
  • EvillRat
  • liambgames
  • Sript
0 voters

Bonus Poll: MOTY of the Year

player Callahan

Our favourite reindeer boy still is and always has been the glue that keeps MunchyMC together. I feel like a broken record saying this time and time again, but without @Callahan nothing on Munchy would be running as smoothly as it is. Whenever something breaks, he is quick to save us all by fixing it, and he is involved with virtually every project on the entire network in some way or another. Even MOTY requires Callahan to function.

player HELIXED

The WoolWars MOTY 2021 @HELIXED has continued climbing the ranks in 2022, being promoted to a Senior Mod position while manifesting himself as one of our most active moderators on WoolWars and KitPvP alike.

player Ibby_

@Ibby won the original MOTY in the very year she first joined MunchyMC. 3 years later, she has just launched the second survival map under her management and planning. She has continuously received overwhelmingly positive feedback from fellow staff and the community alike for her leadership skills and management style. It is no surprise that under Ibby, survival has risen to be Munchy’s most successful gamemode of 2022.

player Omarmu

@Omarmu has had one of the most dynamic histories here at Munchy. From working their way up to WoolWars Senior Mod and winning WoolWars MOTY in 2020 to resigning from staff to focus on streaming, and eventually returning to the staff team as the media team and event server manager. While Omar has also recently become very active in the prison community, most of their work happens largely outside of the focus of our active playerbase on the event server and on social media.

player Twinkiewinkie

While @Twinkiewinkie only appears in the unofficial bonus poll this year, it marks her third consecutive Munchy of the Year nomination - a MOTY record. She already holds the record for the most MOTY wins (2) tied with @Atterax and has officially climbed to the very top of the Munchy Olymp. Twinkie is arguably one of the most liked staff members in the community, which her unique personality definitely contributes to.

Vote for the MOTY of the Year 2022 Award!

MOTY of the Year
  • Callahan
  • HELIXED
  • Ibby_
  • Omarmu
  • Twinkiewinkie
0 voters

Bonus Poll: Media Admin of the Year

For some very strange reason, a large number of former MunchyMC administrators have found their way to the world of Youtube and Twitch and have started very successful careers outside of MunchyMC. Out of these, @BadBoyHalo as our lovely server owner is the only one who has held on to his role here at Munchy while everyone else has mostly moved on. None of these guys require an introduction so let’s just go straight to the poll!

Vote for the Media Admin of the Year 2022 Award!

Media Admin of the Year
  • Antfrost
  • awesamdude
  • BadBoyHalo
  • Dream
  • GeorgeNotFound
0 voters

Bonus Poll: Event of the Year

Vote for the Event of the Year 2022 Award!

Munchy Event of the Year
0 voters

Honourable Mentions

player player player player player player player

• @Fumaz & @DarkKnights22 our main developers in 2022 were responsible for a majority of the content and quality of life updates this year.
  • @infernalfae the most active survival staff of 2022 and #1 MOTY fan motivated me to still release MOTY despite some initial issues.
  • @Atterax the back-to-back MOTY winner continued to be an exemplary Senior Staff member in 2022, particularly in regards to his outstanding activity within our support system.
  • @McDonalds continues to be one of the most-liked and most entertaining members of the community, as shown by the record-breaking numbers of likes on his forums post.
  • @Mysaan was by far the most active voter for MunchyMC in 2022, racking up over 50% more votes than even the second place.
  • @MindMyGames absolutely dominated WoolWars in 2022. Topping all charts, winning nearly twice as many games as the second place and earning a whopping 1.2 million tokens.

Most Active Staff of 2022

#1 Online Time: @SadGh0sst 2,480h

#2 Online Time: @ZeePog 2,103h

#3 Online Time: @infernalfae 1,780h

#4 Online Time: @LunaInSpace 1,762h

#5 Online Time: @DutchMTC 1,618h

#1 Bans: @HELIXED 591

#2 Bans: @Sript 587

#3 Bans: @DutchMTC 472

#4 Bans: @iNateCo 359

#5 Bans: @Atterax 341

#1 Tickets responded to: @cheater 323

#2 Tickets responded to: @Atterax 319

#3 Tickets responded to: @Twinkiewinkie 248

#4 Tickets responded to: @HELIXED 192

#5 Tickets responded to: @DutchMTC 174

Most Active Players of 2022

#1 Logins: @7lukino 6,821

#1 KitPvP kills: @xd_tristanlol 22,808

#1 Prison Map 9 kills: @Lxshirox 2,083

#1 Prison Map 9 chests looted: @liambgames 794,955

#1 Prison Map 9 blocks mined: @Shoblette 13,866,171

#1 Survival season 3 store earnings: @Vicvi 196,792

#1 Survival season 3 MCMMO power level: @spookywilloww 2,829

#1 Survival season 3 balance: @drgnfruits 1,605,096

#1 WoolWars games: @MindMyGames 16,068

#1 WoolWars wins: @MindMyGames 9,823

#1 WoolWars kills: @MindMyGames 28,310

#1 Votes: @Mysaan 751

#1 Tokens earned: @MindMyGames 1,269,913

Most Active Posters of 2022

#1 Likes received: @McDonalds (2.3k)

#1 Posts read: @Ironnose (26.9k)

#1 Topics viewed: @anon23192786 (2.0k)

#1 Days visited: @Atterax, @Alkemystix, @EvillRat, @DutchMTC, @Ironnose, @Craftifyer (365)

#1 Most liked community post: @ZeePog Thank You Crypt (71)

#1 Most viewed community post: @Craftifyer How famous is the person above you? (Munchy 2022) (1630)

#1 Most liked reply: @cahrypt Thank You Crypt - #33 by cahrypt (60)

46 Likes

Munchy is full of amazing people. Sadly I couldn’t nominate everyone who would have deserved the spotlight. If you could nominate someone, who would it be and why?

23 Likes

WOOOOOOOOOOOO

9 Likes

Congrats to the nominees, and good luck!! :partying_face:

8 Likes

Congrats nominees! best of luckk :tada:

6 Likes

LETS GOO!! Also good luck to all of the cuties :heart:

10 Likes

very cool

4 Likes

GG too all the nonimated and gl :D

5 Likes

this game sucks

6 Likes

Wooo! Good luck to all the nominees! :D

5 Likes

woolwars section goes crazy

8 Likes

I cry I play WoolWars 15092198512052185 hours everyday

5 Likes

I have a lot of things to say about this post, so I’m sorry if this seems fractured somewhat.

Firstly, thank you so much @cheater for the hard work you put into MOTY every year, we wouldn’t have this event without you.

Secondly, thank you SO MUCH to everyone who got me nominated, I’m so flabbergasted at the thought of being nominated for an event like this.

Finally, good luck to all the nominees! If I could describe this year in one sentence, I would describe it as a roller coaster constantly with ups and downs. I wish you all the best of luck!

5 Likes

This question is easy, aside from the actual nominees, first person I’d pick is @Mddey. He worked so hard on the woolcup despite having tons of irl stuff to do AND lack of staff cooperation. More than half of the event was organised, managed, refereed, and helped by him. What a trooper.

10 Likes

Good Luck everyone and ggs to those nominated

5 Likes

good luck :heart:

6 Likes

good luck to everyone who was nominated

5 Likes

YOOOOOOOOOO

6 Likes

cool :+1:

5 Likes

Mindmygames, he was crazy dedicated to munchy this year