Map 8 Sneak Peek #1

GANG UPDATE

The first new/reworked feature that will be revealed is a massive revamping of gangs! (Note: Most upcoming Map 8 features will not be revealed in these sneak peek posts)

Gangs in Map 8 will be getting a very significant rework! Various perks will be unlocked as you level up your gang through finding rare items outside. Every rare found will yield a certain amount of points contributed to leveling up your gang and unlocking new perks. Certain /gang colors will also be unlocked as your gang levels up, so some colors will be exclusive for high-level gangs. Additionally, with this new gang level system, there will be some new gang-related leaderboards added.

Gang size will be limited to your gang level, with a level 0 gang being allowed 10 players max, and every level earned thereafter allowing 2 additional gang members, maxing out at a 20 member maximum in a level 5 gang.

There will be a new role - gang trusted! This role will be a step above gang member and a step below gang mod. If you have friendly fire disabled, gang MEMBERS (people below gang trusted) will still be able to be killed by other gang members!

Friendly fire will also work differently. Currently if you have more than 8 members in a gang then friendly fire is permanently turned on, so only small gangs are able to disable hitting each other. Next map, any gang can turn friendly fire off, BUT if you have more than 4 gang trusted+ (anyone above gang member) in the outside world then friendly fire will temporarily turn back on until there are less than 5 gang trusted+ outside again. If you are trying to utilize not being able to hit each other, you will need to kick someone, demote someone to gang member, or tell someone to get inside. This way gangs of any size can turn friendly fire off, but there can never be ff-disabled groups larger than 4 players hunting players.

There will also be gang allies and gang enemies! To ally another gang with /gang ally, that gang must accept your ally request. To enemy another gang with /gang enemy, they have no choice in becoming your enemy! The number of gang allies and enemies allowed will depend on your gang level. You also unlock perks related to gang allies/enemies as you level up, such as being able to see when enemies go outside, display coordinates of enemies when they find an ultra (only ultra rares), and being able to loot chests looted by other gang members. You will also not be able to attack other gang allies while inside the prison!

Lastly, gang mods, for $50,000, will be able to “rent” any mine in the map (but only one per gang at a time). No, this does not mean only your gang has access to that mine, it means your gang gets, for an amount of time depending on your gang level, 20% double block drops and damage immunity (so fall damage, lockdowns, etc.). For members not in that gang, there are no penalties for mining a mine rented by another gang. Additionally, you can’t re-rent a gang mine until it’s expired, so it’s up for any gang to rent after every renting expires.

Lastly, you no longer have to reveal your gang’s password to anyone who wants to join or need to constantly change it, as /gang invite is being added! There will likely be a booklet or guide in game that may also help explain some of these new gang changes for players.

That’s it for what’s being revealed for gangs, but there are other gang features that you’ll have to discover when the map comes out, or when they are added in updates!

Additionally, a reminder that Leaderboards will be set in stone on September 30th and we will announce who won the prizes for Map 7 Prison - Map 7 Season REWARDS (300$ in prizes) . Similar prizes will be announced for Map 8 at a later date.

Map 8 Inside Sneak Peek #1 (Yes, the inside build is theme-related):

As for updated theme hints from last week…

Hint #1:

Hint #2:

â– eâ– â– eâ– â– â– â–  â– aâ– aâ– â– eâ– â–  aâ–  aâ– â–  â– â– â– â– â– â–  â– â– â– â– â– â–  â– eâ– 

Hint #3:

â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  â– â– eâ–  â– â– â–  a â– â– â– â– e â– â–  â– â–  â– aâ– eâ– 

For Hint #2 and #3, this is text, including punctuation, meant to be guessed.

In the comments of this reply, TWO players can each guess ONE more letter/punctuation. These letters/punctuation will be filled in on the next Sneak Peek post on September 25th!

Guessing format example: “Guess: x”

Letters/Punctuation already guessed: a, e, x

Edit: The two new letters/punctuation have both been guessed, and will be filled in on Sneak Peek #2 on September 25th! They are “i” and “u”.

19 Likes

I love it,
My official guess will be that Map 8 with be themed as The Hunger Games.

5 Likes

Uhhh looks amazing!

Guess: U

1 Like

i guess i!

Wooooo map 8 hype !! :star_struck:

2 Likes

The theme is sea monsters boom

2 Likes

can’t wait :o

1 Like

Poo can’t wait :smiley:

I’m hyped!!
My guess is that the theme is avengers because I think I solved hint 2:

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

6 Likes

you are a legend i love u

1 Like

you’re a bit late

be quiet kid

every time i look at the hint 1 picture im like watttttt

Hype :open_mouth:

This looks great! I’m really excited for this!

Super excited for next map, should be fantastic! :blush:

Super excited for this map can’t wait!!

Its literally momentofthebruh themed

I’ve been waiting for this one! TURN IT UP!

Gang owners should be able to promote mods into becoming owners too. If the owner has to go somewhere or something, or switch gangs for a bit, it will be much easier if mods can become owners and then switch back. This update looks great though

2 Likes