Kamidrgn's Staff Application ~ Dec, 2020

Prerequisite checklist:

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:
Yes! I joined Munchy around early September and have been active on Survival since then. I originally joined under the IGN bruvman69 (borrowing a friend’s account, please forgive the name xd) and purchased my current account about a month later.

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:
Yes! I use QuickTime Player for HD screen recording.

- Do you have TeamSpeak3 and Discord downloaded and are competent with them?:
Yes! I have TS and Discord, and use them regularly to message or talk with friends.

Application

IGN: kamidrgn

Timezone: GMT+8

Languages spoken: English

Server(s) you are interested in moderating: Survival :heart:

How active can you be per week?
I am able to be active every day of the week, usually around 6am-9am GMT, and 12pm-4pm GMT, which varies based on whether I’m on holidays or in uni semester. I would say I can guarantee being online 5+ hours a day (much higher during when I’m on uni break), with exceptions!

Even if I am not always online in Minecraft, I am always easily contactable via Discord, which I have on my phone and check regularly throughout the day.

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so, please describe your side of story:
I do not have any punishments on the network outside of a few joke punishments from close staff friends.

Have you applied for this role before? If so, please explain the steps you have taken to improve as an applicant since your last application:
I have not applied for this role before.

What do you think your reputation is like within the community?
I am well-liked within the survival community, and I am very active within Survival, as well as on Discord and the forums. I am always friendly and approachable in chat, and will always do my best to help new players, whether it be helping them find a spot for a claim, starting them off with some equipment, or helping them use commands in chat. I’ve also spent lots of time building, adventuring, and generally just hanging out with my fellow survival players, which I’m happy to say has resulted in meeting lots of new people and making good friends. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed making friends and vibing on Munchy, and I believe other players see me as a warm and caring player who’s always down to have a chat or lend a helping hand.

Why are you interested in the role and what motivated you to apply?
I’ve always found the Survival and wider Munchy community to be very friendly, fun, and overall an amazing experience. I’ve had countless good times and memes on the server, and have met many players I now consider friends.

As I mentioned above, I believe I would be a useful asset to the community and staff team in various activities on Survival such as moderating chat, helping new players, catching rule-breakers, and overall helping to give all players the great experience I’ve had since joining. As a Survival staff member, I would be able to apply my skills to benefit the community and contribute even more to making MunchyMC the wonderful and special place we all know and love.

In addition, I definitely admire the talented and hardworking staff team for creating such a uniquely welcoming and close community! Over the last couple of months, I’ve also had the pleasure of making some good friends with some of the current survival staff, which has made me even more motivated to apply to join such a dedicated and cohesive group of players. As part of the staff team, I would strive to be a staff member who is friendly, fun, and interacts actively with the community (like our current beloved survival staff team :heart:) but also conscientious and responsible with carrying out staff duties as required.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), how would you rate your knowledge on moderating a community?
I would rate myself at a 7/10, as I do not yet have any experience moderating on Minecraft, but have been involved in activities both online elsewhere and IRL that have taught me the necessary skills for community moderation. I am extremely keen to have a start in Minecraft moderation and learn things as part of the Munchy team!

Although not Minecraft-related, I have been an Editor on Genius (a lyrical annotation website) from 2016-17, which involved ensuring community-written annotations and lyrics were held to a high standard, as well as mentoring and guiding new users in navigating the Genius website. It also involved reporting issues to and working alongside Genius Mods, in a similar role to Munchy’s Helpers. I believe this helped me gain experience in working as part of an online community with a mentoring and forum system, as well as being able to maintain high-quality standards among users.

As well as this, I’ve worked at schools as an academic tutor for groups of both primary and high school students, which helped me to develop relevant skills such as being able to communicate in a friendly, yet firm manner, as well as resolving conflicts and disagreements between students, both of which I believe are applicable to moderating an online community.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), what would you rate your knowledge on Minecraft hacks and cheats, including finding and identifying cheaters?
I would also rate myself at a 6/10 – since becoming interested in applying for staff at Munchy, I have been researching various Minecraft hacks/cheats, and I believe I have gained some knowledge on a range of well-known hacks, and the use of anticheat plugins to report hackers.

I have also practiced finding and identifying various hacks through recording and reporting cheaters on Purgatory, where I was able to identify cheats such as Fly, B-Hop, Speed, KillAura, and ESP. Where appropriate, I make sure to ask staff for assistance with any hacks or rules I am unsure about. There is always room to improve, which I believe I could definitely do through more experience with different types of cheats.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:
For the sake of a neater layout, I’ve created a YouTube playlist of my hacker recordings, which can be found here. I have also made some player reports on Survival (e.g. swearing, /tp killing) directly to online staff members, or posted in Discord.

Thanks for taking the time to read my application, and please feel free to drop me a message or say hi if you see me around the server :))

19 Likes

yes, yes, yes, yes, and YES!!! +INFINITY!!!
Kami is the very first person I met on this server. When I first started, I had no idea what to do (and let’s be honest rainbowchat is INTIMIDATING)
Kami gave me tools, armor, things, and even helped me build the home i live in today! He’s always active (when he’s not asleep that is) always helpful, and ALWAYS SO SUPER KIND!! he welcomes new players, helps all his friends, and is NEVER EVER rude. We’re still AMAZING friends up to this day :D Kami would make a GREAT staff member, and I really hope he gets the part!!
gl kami, love you <3

4 Likes

Number 1:
SUPER friendly!
Number 2:
Great person
Number 3:
Somewhat Active!
Number 4:
Always kind
Number 5:
Great for staff!
Number 6:
Never rude!

I hope to see you with a purple name soon!
(Note: pls pls pls make him staff PLSS!)
(Edit: forgot the +2 :heart:)

3 Likes

@avo_do @UranicPine77056 aweee thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful comments! Ilysm guys :heart:

4 Likes

Kami is one of the kindest, most mature and most approachable people on the server! I often see them helping players in chat with questions and issues, and they are really active in the Aussie timezone. They are already well-established within the community, and have reached out more and more over time, developing their knowledge of survival and the server overall. Their app is also very detailed and well-written!

I think they are a great candidate for the role! Good luck, Kami! +1

6 Likes

Kami is a very outgoing person and I think he would be a great fit for staff!

• friendly!
  • kind
  • fun to talk to

+1 from me!
Good luck Kami!

6 Likes

@toccataski @marcydoki toccaaaaa marcyyyy thank you so much for your amazing and supportive comments :two_hearts: ily hehe

5 Likes

Yep,Kami would be an amazing staff member hope to see ya soon with the purple name ;)

5 Likes

@_GockeyL0L uwuwu thanks Gockey!! :DD

3 Likes

+1 good boi

7 Likes

+1 yes. A good detailed application and what everyone else said about you. Good luck!!!

4 Likes

@0CRC0 awe ty for the comment :D
@Xiistaf ty silly boi <3

3 Likes

+1

• Good level of activity
  • Friendly person
  • Helpful
  • Mature
    Good luck kami! :yellow_heart:
3 Likes

@ZeePog thank you Zee! :heart: :heart: :heart:

1 Like

+1

Kami is (as everyone has said) one of the kindest and most fun players to have around on the server. Equally, he is very active and helpful in chat; possessing the maturity and intiative to step up and resolve conflict or let staff know about issues. I’d love to see him join the survival staff team!!

gl bamibrgn <33

5 Likes

bonk

i don’t know you but you seem nice and both boomers bistaf and rainbow have rated you well so +1

3 Likes

@rainbowscribble thank youuu for your amazing and kind comment, it means alot to have your support!
ilysm bainbow! <333

3 Likes

@Conk thanks for the comment, and hope to get to know you better :DD

plonk

3 Likes

Kami is such a kind and compassionate individual and would make a great fit as a staff member for his amazing qualities and ability to communicate in such a friendly and respectful manner. He’s super fun to be around and never fails to brighten your day. I regularly see him in chat interacting with others, especially newer players in need of assistance, which definitely highlights his qualities as a caring and approachable person. He’s relatively newer to the survival scene but that doesn’t stop him from making the most of it; within such a short time he’s built a great reputation on the server and is loved by all. I think he would be a great addition to the staff team and hope to see his name in purple soon!

6 Likes

@Poroia this means alottt, thank youuuu for the kind words poro! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes