How to build (and submit) your own Wool Wars maps

I’ve had quite a few requests from people for a template map they can build on so here is a world download file. Once downloaded, open the Zip file and extract the folder inside to your .minecraft/saves folder. From here you can open the map in singleplayer called “MunchyMCs Woolwars Template”. IMPORTANT: It is recommended to build in 1.8.9 as this is the version the server uses.

Read the signs to begin and remember, this is only a template, you can build the map sizes however you like, they dont even have to be the same shape as my temple! They can be circular, rectangular or even pyramidal if you’d like! Place end portal frames as locations that you want chests to always spawn. Remember that chests also have a chance to spawn randomly in different locations each game in place you HAVEN’T placed the end portals, so don’t fill the map with too many! It’s also worth mentioning there are other options you are able to customise for each map, it would be nice if you submitted these along with the map downloads when you present them back to us after they are done! Remember. The more creative the better! :slight_smile:

Map details:

Map name -
Max players -
Waiting spawn location - (Place a RED carpet where you want the waiting spawn to be. It’ll be removed when we add the map.) (If you have already used red carpets for something else, use another color and write it in the map post.)
Game spawns locations - (Place BLUE carpets wherever you want the game spawns to be. It’ll be removed when we add the map.) (If you have already used blue carpets for something else, use another color and write it in the map post.)
CenterX - ( Place a redstone block at the very top of the map, precisely at it’s center )
CenterZ - ( Place a redstone block at the very top of the map, precisely at it’s center )
LowestY - (In most cases this is the same height the players spawn at, in case it isn’t, just tell us)
HeightLimit - ( This should be the highest block the players can touch with their head, not the highest they can place blocks at! )
Parkour material - ( Example: OBSIDIAN, GLOWSTONE, RED_WOOL )

We only need ONE version of the map, we don’t need a version with parkour and one without it.

When you finish building your map, create a copy of the folder, and in the copied folder keep ONLY the following files: “region” folder, “level.dat” file. Then, compress the world in a zip or tar.gz file, upload it o a cloud storage (Google Drive), and link it here on the forums inside your post. Be sure to tag @TheBoop so I can see your map as I am currently heading the map submissions team! Also, it would be best to include some screenshots of your builds and upload it to the GameModes - Wool Wars section.

20 Likes