BWDIM Episode 15: Beelzebeel

Welcome back to another episode of But What Does It Mean? Ever wonder: what the heck does that name mean? Well, you’re in the right place! Here, we look at the IGNs of the amazing members of the MunchyMC Community!

Introduction

You’ve seen them on Survival. I really don’t know much about them other than that, but they do own a shop, so they must be super rich. That is right, I am talking about the one, the only (well maybe there’s more than one idk) @Beelzebeel! This week, we will be analyzing their name.

Dissection

Beelzebeel. Name. Divided.

First part: Be (also stylized be). You know, it’s that word that your parents always use. “Be better”. “Be employed”. “Be a person who values social interaction over a block game.” You know.

Second part: el (also stylized El). Now, for those of you who haven’t watched Stranger Things, this one might be a bit tricky. But for those of us who have, it’s a dead giveaway: El, meaning Eleven, one of the main characters. Now, we aren’t talking about supernatural powers or anything here. We’re simply talking about the number eleven. 11. Same thing.

Third part: z (also stylized Z). The last letter of the alphabet. The British (and most of the Commonwealth) pronounce it “zed”. Americans pronounce it “zee”. It is also used in the expression “catching some Z’s”, meaning being asleep.

Fourth part: eb (also stylized EB). EB Games is a company that focuses on gaming products. Its parent company is GameStop, which is a shop in the US of A that focuses on… gaming products. A place where you can buy games, in short.

Fifth part: eel. Those weird things that live underwater and zap you. Well, some of them do. Thankfully they don’t all zap you.

Analysis

So, when we put it all together, we get: Be 11 Z EB Games eel. Now, this may seem a little confusing at first, but let’s just group it together a bit. Obviously, bee (may I call you bee?) is trying to tell us to be all of these things: 11, Z, EB Games, and eel. So basically, we can add “be” to the start of most of the sections to clarify it a bit. When this is done, we get: Be 11, be Z, be EB Games, and be an eel.

Alright. Let’s go over this in sections. First of all, “be eleven”. Well, this one is pretty straightforward. Be immature. People of eleven years of age are usually not the most mature. So, we must imitate them by being immature.

Then, we have “be Z”. This one may still seem trivial, but remember how I told you guys about that expression? How “catching some Z’s” means sleeping? Yup, that’s what is meant here. Be asleep.

“Be EB Games”. Yet again, a bit odd, but I mentioned before that EB Games is a gaming store. And this forum is for Minecraft, which is a game. For those of you that haven’t yet connected the dots, to “be” EB Games means to be doing stuff related to gaming. Basically, bee is trying to tell us that you need to be laser-focused on Minecraft. Grind. Grind. Then, grind some more. Be a sweat. You get the idea.

And finally, we have “be an eel”. This one also seems to be very confusing on the surface, but when you dig down, it’s quite simple at heart. As I mentioned above, arguably the most famous eels are the ones that zap you with electricity. So, Beelzebeel is telling us to be electrifying. The Cambridge English Dictionary defines “electrifying” as “dramatic, exhilarating or thrilling”. Don’t let life pass you by. Make every moment an adventure.

Just a quick recap, for those of you who have bad memory: Beelzebeel wants us to be immature, be asleep, be focused, and be thrilling. There might be some contradictions in there, but what can I say? I am only the messenger. So please, don’t kill me.

Goodbye episode fifteen. If you happen to be the guest star, please comment below with the inspiration for your name. Also, message me (on Discord or on the forums) with your suggestions of IGNs for me to examine. Until then, this is your host, Spectro, signing off. Goodnight!

11 Likes

nice post and all, but i bet you cant examine my name :smiling_imp:

6 Likes

You’ve seen them on Survival. I really don’t know much about them other than that, but they do own a shop, so they much be super rich.

can’t believe you made a typo your career is over!!!

‘be eb games’ is just a sentence that I never thought I would ever see or hear in my life

7 Likes

yoo this is poggers indefinite lmao <3

i am completely laughing at how accurate this is ngl

6 Likes

ooo these actually interested me. What’s next? I am excited for it :smiley:

6 Likes

ign dude at it again lets go?

9 Likes

LMFAO HAHAHAHAHAAHH

7 Likes