5ping

Hi @TheRedVelvetCake, your staff’s been saying that “we’re working our hardest to prevent doxing” but clearly you didn’t get the memo, so here’s a recap.

• Atleast 4 community member have gotten doxed by 5ping alone since december 2022
  • The staff team claim to do a lot against doxing
  • You unblacklist 5ping with a slap on the wrist saying “don’t do it again” IN FEBUARY OF THIS YEAR

Why do these statements not add up? Why are you treating doxing like it’s just something you can move on from? What on earth is going on?

I don’t think I needed to say this, but doxing is a crime, it is serious, and it is dangerous. Community members who dox should not come back whether it is your official policy or not, end of discussion.

To be honest, I don’t even agree with the stance Cheater took of “we’ll assist you in legal acti-” no. Cut the crap, YOU should be doing the legal stuff on our behalf to send a message. Not everyone is in the position to make a lawsuit, both geographically and monetarily. You have the terms and conditions that state that you will take action in the state of California, why not do it? Send a message, not an invitation.

Edit: weird how the staff team can do a 180 in 11 months, huh?

3 Likes

Not sure to dignify this post with a response but obviously we do not have the time or resources to spend many thousands of dollars suing players for sending people’s information outside or inside of the server.(I’ve got three figures in my bank account, lol).

If someone sends this information on the server a staff member who is online or as one is available will use the tools we have continued to add to clear chat, punish the player, install a whitelist for links now to help prevent unsafe links (passive), and have mechanisms for staff to prevent accounts that don’t meet certain metric from talking altogether for a period (or shutting off chat for non-staff entirely) - tools that were created for whenever situations arise like these. Any players who are unblacklisted are on extremely thin ice and will be reblacklisted upon any non-minor rule-breaking or any reports of similar behavior, and periodically we allow people to return as with the aforementioned conditions of their behavior expressed (we’ve let back about 6 or 7 players back recently) and continue to monitor their behavior.

We have continued to add these tools, will continue to add more staff who can use them when these situations arise, and do everything in our power to prevent these things from happening and to keep people who are actively doing these things offline. I make prison items and type commands in a small community, and make the most out of it to have a safe, fun experience where, using these tools, these things are not allowed to happen on Prison. We don’t spend tens of thousands in litigation because someone had their Instagram picture posted somewhere or their ip logged by clicking something on discord - this is a prison server not Better Call Saul

Munchy and Minecraft (Java) in general has been at a low point in players (back to around 2019 player amount atm) and Prison is in the ~8th month of the current map (a period when many players/staff are relatively much less active), we just added or promoted a few new staff to help use our tools, and we are about to begin a staff season for prison to help get more active staff! We will continue to do everything in our power to keep the server and the chat safe.

13 Likes

Not good enough, sorry.

Fine, you can’t sue people, whatever (even though it literally says you have the right to do so in your terms of service you’ve conveniently copy and pasted from another website). But for god’s sake, you’re letting literal criminals onto a minecraft server with minors, some of whom aren’t even old enough to use a discord or forums account. I find it extremely hard to not use as homenim attacks here but how are you not getting this through your skull?

Also, nice measures! Shame that in game chat has been completely irrelevant in 4/4 of the “incidents” I’ve mentioned! Wow, very cool good thing we have the measures to safeguard us!

Do better Red, just because you feel like unblacklisting players and they’re on “thin ice” doesn’t reduce the damage that’s already been done. What about the victims of these attacks? What do you say to them?

And finally, as you’ve been told by all the victims and should have been communicated with, none of the victims had actually done something like leaked an instagram photo or clicked a shady link, we’re a bit smarter than that thanks. At this point, you’re shifting the blame away from the attacker to the attacked, now why doesn’t that sit right with me?

Stop being dumb, you can live without a couple of morally corrupt criminals on munchy who, let’s face it, will be blacklisted within a month again anyway.

3 Likes

5 Likes

We’re not letting them on the server, we’re doing everything in our power to prevent this from happening. We cannot start legal action against any doxxer out there, that is a job for the person itself. If we were to do that we would go broke as well as any other minecraft server out there which is why we’re more than happy to ASSIST in cases of legal action.

We can also not control anything that happens outside of the server itself, that’s why we have plenty of report systems for people to tell us about it so we can actually do something with it. Simple evidence as a Discord screenshot is not enough as those can easily be faked. We’re also more than happy to go in a call with someone so they can provide more evidence to us.

We don’t just give someone another chance, there has to be a very good reason for us to give someone a second chance. Especially in these scenarios. And again, the victims can proceed with legal action where we’re more than happy to assist with providing evidence from chat logs, etc.

There’s absolutely nothing we can do about other people’s personal informaton being findable online. That is something they will have to prevent if they don’t want any of that information leaked.

8 Likes

Great! Explain how doing everything in your power ≠ blacklist

1 discord call > 4 people coming out with screenshots of being attacked by this logic

Why don’t you give us this reason then? Explain to all 4 victims why you’re letting a criminal and known attacker onto your server and why don’t you see their reactions! Explain to @Malalaa @2Rareee and @eefrog im waiting!

We’ve told you why it was leaked many times! No, there was not people posting their own information deliberately! No, we did not click a shady link! We were targeted because we owned a discord account. Yep, that’s right. The information that we’ve already given you that apparently you’re oblivious to whoop de mother effing doo.

This response was so laughably bad if only this were a joke, but I don’t see myself laughing. Do us a favour and answer my questions deliberately and concisely.

1 Like

doxxing is not a crime unless you’re posting cc info, ssns, or anything that pertains to someone’s personal identity cuz by definition it’s searching for information (address, name, etc) that’s already publicly on the internet

i am not saying it’s not an issue i just wanted to lyk

1 Like

1 Like

(Typing this on my phone so prepare for possible awful spelling mistakes)
As far as I know, the person who doxxed certain players you mentioned is banned. If you have any proof of a doxxer being online, even just discord screenshots, please send them my way so we can check them out.

5 Likes

According to their buddies they’re well unblacklisted and I highly doubt red would let this post get this far without debunking this

1 Like

california ≠ majority of places i am talking generally from what I have found as long as you’re not “hacking” to get the info its not a crime

2 Likes

Edit just read the 2nd part of your message: they’ve been using a method through discord which has allowed them to gain access to private information using nothing but discord and discord alone. Discord i.e does not publish this information unless for legal matters so it is safe to assume it would fit the basic definition of hacking

1 Like

pretty sure they all just use skidsearch and public databases

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, what do you think we can do to better protect players/ourselves?
Because removing people from the server itself, doesn’t necessarily entirely remove them from the community.

4 Likes

1 Like

Because of the case of 5ping there was not supposed to be a blacklist involved in the first place.

I never said “one discord call”, and 4 people coming out with screenshots is an entirely different story than 1 person. It also depends on who the reporter of it is and whether they are trusted within the community or not.

The reason for the unblacklist was because the things he did do were not blacklist worthy. The actual doxes doxes were someone impersonating them trying to get them blacklisted.

We don’t know how the information was gathered, but I highly doubt it was “just because they own a discord account”.

7 Likes

I’m glad to hear munchy is finally ready to help assist people get justice against those who have doxed them.

I’d like the irl names, home address and ip addresses, as well as the irl name of the billpayer, of any player who’s ever said stuff about me.

While I’ve enjoyed munchy, the culture of doxing and not dealing with toxic actors like Kurt sooner (he leaked his ex gfs private pictures before i even started playing ffs) has been a constant issue.

I mean appreciate that there’s not a whole lot you can do, but if you can get me them names and addresses then I can call the police and actually start an initial investigation, which I can’t do without your help because you have to request the information from their ISP

their ought to be a lower tolerance of people hanging around with blacklisted players. This is why they stick around for so long, coming back over and over.
stop playing their stupid games, if they’re in a voice call with a legit player pretending to be that legit player to wind up staff and cause problems with other players and waste time, temp ban everyone in the call. If they keep insisting on hanging out with banned players, keep banning them.

The reason this has got so bad is because a culture was allowed to develop around it. These kids think posting info about other people makes them a badass. They treat people who do it like a badass. Thankfully this isn’t as bad as it was during map 7 and map 8, but this culture is still present on the server.

I mean i haven’t been playing so I don’t really care or mind what happens with 5ping

We can also not control anything that happens outside of the server itself, that’s why we have plenty of report systems for people to tell us about it

I feel as if prevention is better than the cure. You can prevent things from happening outside the server itself, such as if it turns out everyone is saying they leaked their exes pictures or everyone is saying they’re a nonce… you can act before that person whom everyone is telling you is a danger to others does something.

Likewise, if play less silly games with them like “oh well they’ve just in a vc with faris and pretending to be faris by letting faris speak for them because they’re all friends with faris so… i guess faris wins this one”

If a bl thinks they were banned without “proof” 'cos everyone knew it was them, let them cry about it. If an “innocent player” gets banned because they refused to stop talking to and hanging around with and positively talking about blacklisted players because they think it’s cool somehow, then they got what they deserved.

8 Likes

Wiux doxed Shoblette which he was punished for, Red isn’t an idiot when it comes to serious stuff like this and would only unban if he had 2nd opinions and was certain wiux had learnt his lesson. He didn’t dox anybody you listed, he was just apart of a friendship of somebody that did the doxing. From my knowledge he only threatened to dox, and although I agree its bad to dox threat because it can cause alot of worry between players, this post about him is kind of misinforming as there was never any doxing done by himself after his initial blacklist.

I don’t agree with this… I think it’ll be the start of the end of prison if the rule is ever enforced like this. the blacklist rule is if a person knowingly plays with the blacklists in game and there is proof of it, they will get banned not just because the blacklist hangs out in public vcs with them.

9 Likes

Wiux doxed Shoblette which he was punished for, Red isn’t an idiot when it comes to serious stuff like this and would only unban if he had 2nd opinions and was certain wiux had learnt his lesson. He didn’t dox anybody you listed, he was just apart of a friendship of somebody that did the doxing. From my knowledge he only threatened to dox, and although I agree its bad to dox threat because it can cause alot of worry between players, this post about him is kind of misinforming as there was never any doxing done by himself after his initial blacklist.

As far as I know this is what happened, and he wasn’t really trying to be malicious, he was just kinda being dumb and being messed around by other people. I think he apologised to me afterwards but I don’t remember.

I don’t agree with this… I think it’ll be the start of the end of prison if the rule is ever enforced like this. the blacklist rule is if a person knowingly plays with the blacklists in game and there is proof of it, they will get banned not just because the blacklist hangs out in public vcs with them.

Yeah, but that rule came into existence because of the same point I’m making now.
Also I’m assuming they wouldn’t enforce it brainlessly and interpret the rule literally in all cases with no thought paid to circumstance or intent…
If you’re gonna hang out in a vc with faris and try trick people into thinking you are him, you’re messing with other people on the server and making life harder for staff. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to say that should be tempbannable.

I’m not saying it should be all “I SAW GOODY PROCTOR WITH FARIS AND THE DEVIL”

just like, if bls cause problems because other players won’t stop talking to them, when those problems happen, somethings gotta come back to the legit players too. It’s not just 1 players fault, or the bl’d players fault. There’s a shared culpability.

2 Likes

I couldn’t have been more wrong as to what I thought this topic would be about.
I clicked on this expecting some insane KitPvP kill montage with 5 ping.

What a misleading title :roll_eyes:

Anyways, ya’ll stay safe out there! As stupid as it sounds, the best protection against doxing is simply being cautious as to what you do online.

7 Likes