ZombieBot1's Staff Application (May 2021)

Prerequisite checklist:

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:
Yep. I joined April 9, 2019 (750 days, as of april 28, 2021)

- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:
Yes. Like many others I use OBS

- Do you have TeamSpeak3 and Discord downloaded and are competent with them?:
I am capable of using both. I am most well versed in discord, and use it daily. I am also familiar with TeamSpeak, although like many others discord is my main preference.

Application

IGN:
ZombieBot1

Timezone:
EST

Can you use a microphone for an interview?:
Yep

Role you are interested in (Helper or JMod):
Jmod

Server you are interested in moderating (pick ONE):
Woolwars

How active can you be per week?
I can be on munchy for two to three hours a day within the following time frame:

All times in EST

[Monday] 8 AM - 6 PM
[Tuesday] 8 AM - 9 PM
[Wednesday] 8 AM - 5 PM
[Thursday] 8 AM - 9PM
[Friday] 8 AM - 9 PM
[Saturday] 7 AM - 10 PM
[Sunday] N/A. I use Sunday as a day to minimize the time I spend on technology, including video games. However, I remain active on discord and forums. This may seem like a negative thing, but Iā€™ve found that using Sunday as a day off makes me more efficient and well adjusted on all the other days of the week.

The times I can get online might vary due to school or other obligations. If I have fewer responsibilities, Iā€™ll be able to be on munchy more, and vice versa.

Do you have any punishments on our network? If so, please describe your side of story:
The sum of my penalties include two automutes: counting down from five(Iā€™m assuming this was marked as spam), and saying the word ā€œnaziā€ in a private game with a friend. I of course, had no malicious intent. The former was only an hour long, so there was no reason for me to appeal, and the latter was quickly resolved via support. I have since carefully read the chat rules to avoid making similar mistakes again. As far as bans I have a clean record.

Have you applied for this role before? If so, please explain the steps you have taken to improve as an applicant since your last application:
This is my first time applying

What do you think your reputation is like within the community?
I think that I have a very positive reputation in the community. Throughout my time at Munchymc, people have called me wise, level headed, creative, funny, and mature. During my time on munchy, I have built myself up as someone confident and self-assured. As well as participating in many official events, I also planned, organized, and executed a significant event called ā€˜golden manā€™ alongside beanep. The event had over twenty players and lasted over an hour. What I believe sets me apart from the other applicants is that as well as being known among the inner circle that hosts events and post on forums, I am also equally known in the outer community, comprised of people who only play woolwars casually. I am constantly approached by people I donā€™t know and asked if I can teach them more about the game. I believe that this reputation will only become more solidified if I become a member of the staff team. Iā€™ll use the unique resources offered through it to help better the server and community.

Why are you interested in the role and what motivated you to apply?
The thing that motivates me to apply for the Jmod position is the same thing that made me join Munchymc in the first place. When I first joined woolwars, the thing that most stuck out to me was the community. I was so used to servers filled to the brim with toxic players, so when it turned out that this server had the best community of any server Iā€™d ever joined, I was astounded. Throughout my time at munchy, countless people have helped me along the way. From Zachdontfall and Smimu being the first people I ever voice called with and making me feel at home, to Helixed and Plazmal inviting me to my first clan, and finally Sixkiwis and Jamiedactly for encouraging me to apply for staff. Itā€™s been two whole years since I first stepped foot in this server, and Iā€™ve found myself thinking about the people joining for the first time today. At this very moment, people like me are entering for the first time and wondering who to talk to, how to play the game, and how to join the community. One of the most powerful ways to give back to the community is to help those people in the same way that others helped me. My options for helping new players and making a safe environment will expand dramatically as a staff member, and I have the full intention of making the most out of it.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), how would you rate your knowledge on moderating a community?
I would rate myself a 9.5. Now before you write me off as overconfident, let me explain my experiences with moderation. In 2014 I was the de facto moderator for a few different survival servers. These servers were usually a small group compromising anywhere from five to fifteen players. During this time, I learned the skills of conflict resolution and de-escalation. Later, around 2015/2016, I was a moderator/helper for a server called snapcraft.net, a server with game modes like survival, prison, and kitpvp; at its peak the player base was about half as large as munchy. My authority was over a minor pvp game mode called earthgames, a minigame similar to the hypixel pit or mini walls. While moderating this server, I was responsible for regulating the chat and investigating hackers. From then onward I have also occasionally been the leader of an assortment of friend-group servers. Although my moderating experience is from the past, the skills Iā€™ve learned and the experiences Iā€™ve had have stuck with me to this day.

Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), what would you rate your knowledge on Minecraft hacks and cheats, including finding and identifying cheaters?
I would rate myself an 8. My experiences as a moderator and a player have helped me understand the types of hacks and the cheaters who use them. I have also played enough woolwars to understand the difference between kits and hacks, e.g., anvil vs. antikb, feather vs. nofall, bouncy vs. highjump, etc. Ultimately, if Iā€™m unsure whether someone is hacking, Iā€™ll ask for a second opinion from another member of the staff team, but Iā€™m confident that ninety percent of the time, Iā€™ll manage to tell on my own.

Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:

Hacker Playlist

Edit 1: Added way more hacker reports to the playlist
Edit 2: changed requested role from helper to Jmod on 4/30/21 due to people telling me I would be a better fit for that role. Donā€™t be confused by the comments referring to me as a helper :slightly_smiling_face:
Edit 3: removed part about hacker reports + added more reports

25 Likes

+1 Yes
Zombie would make an amazing helper, he is mature, responsible and deals with situations greatly.
Best of luck zambo :heart:

1 Like

+1

Zombie would make a great helper. He is very mature, helpful and responsible. He is one of the most active Woolwars players and is very dedicated to the server.
Good luck Zombie!

1 Like

Zombie has definitely shown that he has what it takes to handle situations appropriately. Extremely mature and respectful.
Big +1

1 Like

+1
Zombie is mature, active and kind. He would be a great helper. Goodluck!

1 Like

+1

Zombie is kind active and would truly be an amazing helper! They are really mature and friendly and would be a perfect fit for this role :D

1 Like

+1 Mature, seems very nice, and has very good detailed application
Good Luck Zombie!

1 Like

+1

Although I donā€™t know you well, you seem like a great fit for Helper. You seem eager to answer questions in chat, and show many qualities that would be good for a staff member. Good luck!!

1 Like

I havent seen you too often and i dont know you very well, but you seem very mature and nice! :D +1

1 Like

+1

Zombie is well deserving and would work very hard at such a position.

2 Likes

+1, Zombie is calm, reliable, and mature. Heā€™d be great as helper.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the kind words @beanep, @JamieDactyl, @Ripshot, @Just511, @Storzzz, @Mddey, @itslemonnn, @MyBee, @SixKiwis, and @uSolus !

4 Likes

+14 skeppys!

1 Like

+1 Often see zombie online when I get into a woolwars game!

1 Like

+1
I like Zombie a lot, heā€™s a kind player who cares about Woolwars and their community. Heā€™d make a great helper because heā€™s active, pays a lot of attention and I see him on the daily base at the woolwars-report channel ;)

2 Likes

I think I first met you on survival xD never thought that you were a woolwars main, but besides that, even though I donā€™t play woolwars that much, from what I know from you, you really deserve to be helper as youā€™re really kind, always fun play with you, active and very dedicated to woolwars :D Huge +1

Good luck :sparkles:

2 Likes

@beanep : Thereā€™s another poll going on about people in the APPA discord, so please let me know what you vote (+1 for yes, -1 for no and 0 for neutral), this time the poll is on:
ZombieBot01 joining
If you donā€™t respond Iā€™ll take it as a 0!

Me: Who the heck is ZombieBot01

+1, very cute and chill man.
Very friendly and loves to help out <3

4 Likes

:eyes:
ZombieBot01
:heart:

1 Like

+1 such an amazing person and so cool

1 Like

+1 Iā€™m terrified of necroposting but Zombie is very mature compared to most of us, yet still active and would be a great fit for staff :D

1 Like