Your Favourite Book

I used to be a big fan of reading, but I feel that I’ve kind of lost my passion for books lately.
This is in part due to a rubbish English teacher I had last year, and partly because I’ve run out of good books to read.
That’s why I got a kindle for Christmas!
Now that I have my kindle, I’m looking for book recommendations!
I’m also just very interested to see what genres and kinds of books all of the Munchies like!

I’ll start: I really love the fantasy genre, and a also like a lot of sci-fi books. My personal favourite books are…
His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman
The Inheritance Cycle by Christopher Paolini
And, of course, How to Train your Dragon by Cressida Cowell.
Oh also Ready Player One! Ready Player Two just came out so that’s something for me to read.

Can’t wait to see what kinds of books all of you like!

8 Likes

The phantom tollbooth.
Just really sparked my 1st grade head

3 Likes

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo is an amazing mixture of a great plot, wonderful world building and characters that have inspired me countless times. It’s part of a world that consists of many books, so if you enjoy it I recommend you read the sequels and the Shadow and Bone series.

I also love the Rangers Apprentice and Brotherband series. They can seem a little childish at times, but you really fall in love with the characters over time.

5 Likes

Ooh, I actually have this book lying around in my house somewhere. Haven’t ever read it but just might do that now!

2 Likes

Alright, definitely giving these a try. Probably gonna download Six of Crows right now!

3 Likes

Sharpness III is a cool book

11 Likes

Yea that book is like a childs mind in a book.
It was so relatable. Its not what you would think. Its just wondering about the stuff around you and making it into a world you tiny child brain can understand

2 Likes

I’ve got a ton of books that I love, but here are just some of them

-The Call Of The Wild (Jack London)
-Uglies Series (Scott Westerfield)
-The Hunger Games Series (Susanne Collins)

4 Likes

Prisoner B-3087
I have no words, its absolutely amazing

6 Likes

Mending

5 Likes

There are so many good books out there, honestly.

I personally like the Harry Potter series and the Percy Jackson series, though I never finished the latter. I also quite enjoy fairy tale-esque stories, especially fairy tales with a twist, or humorous writing. That’s why I really enjoyed The Witcher and Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy (respectively.)

I could go on about a lot of books lol but I don’t want to flood the topic :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Let me know if you like it! I could chat for hours about it :P

3 Likes

I can’t really decide the order but my favorite books would be some Tolkien’s works (The Lord of the Rings, The Silmarillion, The Hobbit) as well as the series Percy Jackson/Heroes of Olympus, Harry Potter, and The Hunger Games.

8 Likes

ew books

4 Likes

zeg niet dat je gaat haten op boomhut van [] verdiepingen heh??

3 Likes

oke oke die was wel goed

4 Likes

Harry Potter and The deathly hallows

5 Likes

Literally haven’t read any other book

4 Likes

The GONE series is pretty good

3 Likes

That seems interesting but it cost £5 >:(

3 Likes