xShrek's - Event Team Application [2]

xShrek's - Event Team Application [2]

IGN: xShrek

Past IGN’s: shrekuwu (Changed at 3-4-2019) & xXKingAlexXx (Changed at 7-2-2015)

Timezone: Coordinated Universal Time +1 (UTC +1)

How often can you host events: I do not have any specific times that I will be hosting events. I can host events at any times when I am online. Usually I am online for about 4-5 hours a day, on weekends this can be even longer!

What sets you apart from other applicants: As said on my previous application, the main factors that set me apart from other applicants are my timezone, creativity and my personality of being chill & relaxed.

• Timezone: Currently both the EU Event Team Members are having a staff role as well. Meaning that they sometimes can be really busy with their staff duty, instead of hosting events. As I myself have been a long member of the community, I understand that this can be unfair to the EU players out there, because many EU players want to enjoy events just like the rest. This is a HUGE bonus for me. I still respect the fact that @EsioTrot and @MadInToilet are making some space to host events, when they are not staffing. :heart: to you both!

• Creativity: I see myself as a very creative person, this is why in the past I have been part of the Idea Panel Team. On this team, I and other creative players of the community helped improving Munchy by giving suggestions that everyone would benefit from. I can and have brought lots of creativity to the Event Team. Some things that I have suggested in the past and surprisingly have been added were: MLG Sumo, this event used to be hosted back in the days and my suggestion became an actual event thanks to my old Event Member friends @Mboscolo & @ballbearer2010 (I hope that you guys will read this one day :D ). Gank Fight, this event was a fun twist to the LMS event. In here everyone would fight for their lives in a 3x3 box.

• Personality: I have a relaxed & chilled nature, meaning that I like having fun, sometimes a little bit too much fun, but I can be serious at times too when I have to be. I believe that being apprehensive and serious all the time isn’t something players want. They want someone that can chill out and have fun.

What can you bring to MunchyMC as an Event Member:
I could bring my creativity, experience and just the general joy of hosting events to the community and Event Team. I would love to share my creativity with the different talents, the other, current Event Team Members have. It would be amazing to create or improve events to make it as much fun as possible for everyone!

Besides the creativity I could bring to the Event Team, I would also try my best to variate the events as much as possible. As a long time member of the community I currently notice that there is a big lack of manual events being hosted. With me to the addition to this team I would do my best to give players something new, refreshing to play and enjoy.

I am also pretty experienced with hosting events (if I must say myself) I have hosted several successful events in the past. My biggest achievement as of now was the time when I hosted a successful Classic RR by myself in /warp competitive. This event had over 40 participators. Without any event permissions, this was obviously a very big challenge for me, at the end I received tons of positive feedback, but also a few things on which I could improve on. And as of today I still host several events at /warp 1v1arena such as Teamfights, Tag PvP and Classic RR.

Edit 15/5/2019:
Today I might have had a once in a lifetime experience. Together with @igotchu I hosted a waterdrop and a four corners event. I have gotten more familiar with the commands and the different approaches to people when something didn’t go as planned. (For example round 1, fall damage was still disabled) Other than that the events went pretty successful and the community enjoyed it.

Give us one or more examples of an Event Member(s) doing something positive (I.E. Hosting an event when you asked, allowing you to become the slayer in RR, etc.):
In the past every event team member has done something positive, not only for me, but for the community in general.
A few things that were amazing in my eyes were for example when I was hosting Classic RR in 1v1arena with about 16 participators. @82602IsBack asked in chat for which event he should be hosting next. I and the players playing, nicely asked him if he could wait 5-10 minutes for me to finish this event. He did so and also spectated :smiley: , thank you very much for letting me finishing my event!

I remember pretty recently, @Dishrespect (one of my favourite event team member btw :heavy_heart_exclamation: ) allowed me to stand-in for a captain that unfortunately disconnected in Classic RR. This was mostly a remarkable moment for me, because I happened to just logon KitPvP. He trusted in my capabilities and I really respect that.

My most recent example was when I came back from being afk, I noticed some new names in my teamspeak room. One of them was very upset of a incident that happened earlier. (I will not go in to much detail of this, but I felt really bad). After hearing what happened me and my teamspeak buddies tried to cheer him. We kindly asked @EsioTrot, to host a event of choice for him. Esio did host a event and that person eventually won the event! This did not only make his day, but also mine.

Anything else you would like to add:

1. Previously I have been a Builder and Thinker for MunchyMC, this means that I have experience with communicating and working with a team in general. This has proven that I am responsible enough for the Event Team.

2. Lastly, I would like to address the issue of my previous behaviour and toxicity, I know that I haven’t been as mature in the past, but I can assure you that I have changed as a person, in a positive way.

If there are any more questions regarding my application, feel free to PM on discord. (gLaDy#7171)

Here is a small suprise for making it to the end! :D

tenor @Nikolas you’re welcome for ur grocery shopping list :>

edit #1: small grammar fixes
edit #2: more grammar fixes
edit #3: guess what? more small fixes :>
edit #4: removed disclaimer, I am now unbanned but will remain semi-inactive due to exams
edit #5: see “What can you bring to MunchyMC as an Event Member:” section.

Thank you for reading,
                                   Shrek
11 Likes

+1
You are a good person, It’s fun to talk and play with you and I think you can be a great addition to the event team :smiley: good luck

2 Likes

Hey @CrazyField, thank you for your feedback!

1 Like

+1
-Nice guy
-good app

Good luck!

2 Likes

Thank you a lot for your positive feedback! :smiley:

+1
You’re a really cool guy to play with and having some type of conversations with in chat, You have an amazing application you deserve the role of event member. Goodluck~

2 Likes

Thanks a lot @Gawkyy :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

+1

You definitely seem like a nice guy, and it sounds like you’ve had good experience hosting events already. Good luck!

2 Likes

Thanks for your feedback @RadicalPancake!
Although I do not believe we have met yet, I hope we can talk in the future and be great friends :smiley:

1 Like

+1

Can be a little immature at some points (like me!)

Good person in general

2 Likes

Thanks for your honest feedback @Fucia! I agree we can both be a little bit immature at times, but who isn’t?

1 Like

Well I don’t know you personally but on the forums your active and nice so +1 from me Good Luck :blush:

2 Likes

While I played Munchy I saw you as a very committed player, and member of this community.

The event team needs people that know what the players want. And you have been extremely involved with the community. You are a good example of what an event team member should look like.

+1

2 Likes

Thank you both for your kind feedback!

• Very involved with players
  • Familiar with all events
  • Great knowledge of the community
  • Mature person in general

I wish you good luck with your application and hope you will be accepted as an event member.

2 Likes

Merci Kalex!

• Shrek is a really nice person to talk too.
  • Builder in the past so has some sort of trust already.
  • Has really been stepping up his game lately helping people etc.
    Veel succes Shrek
2 Likes

Heel erg bedankt roadman Tea!

1 Like

+1
is shrek

1 Like

thank
is aries

1 Like