WoolWars update coming soon. We need your help!

Hello MunchyMC community! I’m Fumaz, the current developer of woolwars.
In the past few months I’ve been working on a big revamp of woolwars, that will hopefully bring the gamemode back to life, and give it a new spirit.

The update is still work in progress, but the release is near.

Now, I need your ideas! Reply to this topic with any suggestions or ideas you have for woolwars, and I may add them into the next update. It’s your time to shine!

19 Likes

New kits would be cool :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Pin this post

1 Like

To be honest, I didn’t really like wool wars ever just because you can’t really get good at it. Whenever I play it I either die cause I’m an absolute idiot, or I die to a complete noob. If you could maybe add a ranked system to where every time you rank up you get an upgrade point to put into something to make yourself slightly stronger permanently? Or something of the sort.

3 Likes

remove woolwars from the hub

1 Like

How do I dislike a comment ? @Jadoo

3 Likes

Lots of people want tokens for kills.

1 Like

I know i might be a bit late but i got lots of cool ideas

1. An ingame leaderboard/Ranked system
    Kind of like how KitPvP shows how high you are on the leaderboard next to your name

2. Enchants
    Put XP Bottles and enchanting tables randomly in chests and give like 1 level of XP for every kill you get

3. Private Games
    Make people with ranks able to make parties and play private games

4. Special Kill sounds and messages
    Basically like Hypixel and you’d be able to collect/buy and choose which ones you want to play with

5. One time rewards for completing parkours
    I was thinking like 100-200 tokens you can claim when you complete a parkour and you could keep track of how many parkours you have done

6. Resources in maps
    Sometimes you might get unlucky with not finding any weapons or armor in chests so maybe put ores randomly around maps so you can make some tools and such

7. More Splash Potions
    Speed, Jump Boost, invisibility, etc randomly around in chests like the healing, harming and poison splash potions

Thought these were some cool ideas that would be make the game more fun :p

13 Likes

Major Suggestions

• I’ve noticed there’s a lot of people who want to play with their friend and team in Wool Wars. I wanted to make the suggestion in making a teamed/wingman mode in Wool Wars to suite these people, so people aren’t teaming in solo wool wars. If you don’t want to do this, I’d understand, since it would effectively make games harder to start when there aren’t a lot of people online, which is why I’d also suggest this mode to only be playable when the server reaches a certain threshold of people playing at one time.
  • Another Idea I have is to allow private matches on the server. Sometimes people want to do things, like 1 v 1, or 1 v 1 v 1, etc. And it’d be cool if they’d be able to.
  • My third suggestion is to make mobs spawned by players during a match by their spawn eggs, not attack the person who spawned them.
  • The fourth suggestion that I have, is to have TNT blocks actually explode, I’m going to put this under the bugs section too since I don’t know if this is actually intentional or not.
  • Another suggestion that I have is that the server should periodically send a global tip in chat, urging people to use 1.8.9, since a lot of functions like blocking don’t work with future versions, not to mention other glitches, which are natural with translation layers in general.
  • Another, possible suggestion from me, is to add chain-mail armor to experience.
  • On top of the last suggestion, I’d also like to suggest other things like more potions, speed, jump boost (should boost bouncy kit users to jump even higher when used). I wouldn’t suggest invisibility potion since I think that’d too overpowered. I feel that other things like tnt minecarts, milk (for getting rid of poison/slowness), and shooting of fireballs by throwing them (sort of like bedwars ones) could be added (Fireballs would be a rare find like diamond equipment, or ender pearls).
  • Tokens, in my opinion, should be given out for getting kills. I feel a small amount of tokens should be given, like maybe 5, if you don’t want a game and die, just to make people feel like a game wasn’t all for nothing.
  • In relation to the last suggestion, when a player dies, the last person to hit the player within the last 20 seconds, should get kill credit. This would count knocking people off, as a kill, how I feel it should be.

Minor Suggestions and possible nerfs/buffs

• I feel the the glider kit needs nerfed a little bit. Personally, what I think should be done is, the gliding distance should be lowered, so people can’t glide as far.
  • With the kits that give you an item that corresponds to it’s abilities, said items should not be dropped on death. For example someone can kill someone with the teleporter kit to obtain free ender pearls, while using another kit. Someone could achieve this with an alt to gain an unfair advantage.
  • I feel the Vision kit is extremely underpowered, since lots of clients/mods like LabyMod can be used to show player health.
  • I personally feel the feather kit should be buffed, very slightly to only take 2.5 hearts of damage instead of 3.
  • I also personally feel that the archer kit is a bit under powered, and should start with few more arrows.
  • I feel that a command called /profile (player) should be added. What this command would do is it’d send you a link in chat to a players profile. For example, ‘/profile plazmakg’ would pop up ‘https://www.munchymc.com/profile/plazmakg’ in the chat, for people to click on. doing just /profile without any argument would pull up the link for the profile of the player who executed the command.

Bugs
Along with that, there are some bugs that I know of, some are more universal, some aren’t. Here’s a list of what I know

• On the dreamscape map, the ice melts, dumping water all over the map.
  • On the kitchen map, there is a way to escape the map, by the area where the barrier blocks are, peeking into the dining room
  • On around half the maps, the sandstone floor doesn’t rise properly, and rises with random holes, which allows people to camp inside of them without dying.
  • On some maps, it’s possible to escape with an ender pearl
  • On some maps, ladders and signs drop randomly after a match starts.
  • On some maps, you can’t reach the top of the map, it starts denying you to place blocks
  • Sometimes, the vanish kit will teleport you somewhere where you die.
  • Animals and mobs can spawn in the map before the match begins.
  • On some maps, at least for me, TNT fails to ignite, and on all maps, TNT never actually blows up blocks or does damage, while creepers do.
  • This is probably a more server wide bug I’d assume, but I have noticed times where you can see people flying, and blatantly hacking on the server (and no it’s not glider kit). Sometimes the anti-cheat manages to get them, but other times it doesn’t. I personally feel more work should go into the anti-cheat.

–If I find anymore bugs, I’ll add them here.

I had a lot a suggestions to put out there, and as I can tell, this is a super long post lol

6 Likes

Some fresh new maps would be nice to go along with the update. Oh…

3 Likes

I wonder who would build them?

1 Like

I wanted to add this too. Not sure what caused this but sometimes there are weird bugs that glitch you into blocks.

Maybe just mad cuz bad?

1 Like
  • Perks
    Be able to purchase a permanent in game perk like no fall damage from enderpeals, potion effect on kill, etc

• Fix Dreamscape map
    (Just change the biome type to snow and disable precipitation and it should fix the problem)

• Kill Credit
    Change the kill system to the system woolwars uses, the person with the most damage on a player before they die or fall/hit the sandstone gets the kill

• New Community Map Thread
    Make a thread where people can submit custom made woolwars maps or if someone has some ideas for future map

• Static Maps for parkour
    I don’t know if anyone would use this but a teleport in the hub to see the maps for parkour or strategy

• Tokens for kills
    Self explanatory, just so its not all or nothing for a game(maybe 1 or 2 tokens per kill)

• New kits
    (also a separate new thread for submitting kit ideas)

Thanks for everything you’re doing for woolwars!

4 Likes

I disagree with pearls not dropping on death, the thing about alts is that’s against the rules and I think that you should be able to kill people for their kit items

Glider nerf suggestion

Create a cooldown for glider that turns on if you travel too far, for example, if you travel more than 20 blocks, create a cooldown for every extra block over that, such as, 31 blocks traveled = 11s cooldown

Kit suggestions

• Enchanter
    1 Enchant table
    3 Lapis Lazuli
    3 Levels
    Gain 1 Lapis and level per kill

• Prepared
    For all my people getting spawnkilled right off the bat
    Gain 1 stone sword from the start of the game

(No im not necro posting i added something new to the topic)

1 Like

Hello! So I only have one thing I’d really like to see changed and that’s the Kill system. Maybe have it so that if you hit a player off the edge and they die you get the Kill point. I’ve killed like 50 people and don’t get any skill stats increase sense they fell of the edge or what not. That’s all Looking forwards to this update!

1 Like

Agreed. That’s definitely my least favorite part about woolwars. Like you’re still killing them, gimme my credit >:(

1 Like

Yup! :upside_down_face:

Pretty sure that is a bug and it wasn’t supposed to be that way, Will be fixed next update for sure :slight_smile:

Here is a post with a list of all the known bugs btw

and Fumaz said he has fixed them in the next update

This post was made for new ideas so feel free to reply with anything you want to be added to woolwars! :smile:

1 Like