Woolwars survey - (unofficial)

‘Ello little eggies.

It’s been a little while since we’ve had a discussion about Woolwars on the whole and I’d like to hear how the community views the current state of it!

Take the below text, copy it and fill it out in your reply. PLEASE remember to keep any discussion civil and be respectful of others.

About me:

Played WW for how long-
Number of games played-
Rank-
Number of kits owned-
Favourite kit (fun factor)-
Favourite kit (for winning)-
Favourite map-
Clan (if applicable)-
How you found WW/Munchy-

Opinions:

What kit do you think is the strongest and why-
How would you go about nerfing it (if you would)-

What kit do you think is the weakest and why-
How would you go about buffing it (if you would)-

If you could add one thing to WW, what would it be-

On a scale of 1 to 10 how do you feel about the following when it comes to WW at the moment, 1 being very bad, 10 being very good:

Kits balancing-
Rank perks-
Kit rotation balance-
Map rotation variance-
Ease of reporting rule breakers-
Replayability-

Other:

If you have any further comments about woolwars feel free to add them here-

10 Likes

Heres mine!
Played WW for how long- Closing in on 1 year!
Number of games played- About 1,5k
Rank- Legend (lifetime)
Number of kits owned- All kits
Favourite kit (fun factor)- Bouncy
Favourite kit (for winning)- Bouncy
Favourite map- Seaside funfair!
Clan (if applicable)- No clan yet.
How you found WW/Munchy- ‘Server websites’.

Glider. I would make the gliding cooldown longer.

How would you go about buffing it (if you would)-

Vision. Im not sure how i’d buff this kit, but it needs a buff.

Lobby gadgets, for players that like to chat in the lobby

On a scale of 1 to 10 how do you feel about the following when it comes to WW at the moment, 1 being very bad, 10 being very good:

Kits balancing- 7
Rank perks- 8
Kit rotation balance- 8
Map rotation variance- 10
Ease of reporting rule breakers- 9
Replayability- 10

4 Likes

I just want to say I dont main woolwars, but have played a bit

About me:

Played WW for how long- I have been actively playing woolwars every now and then since around the start of the year.
Number of games played- 538
Rank- Legend
Number of kits owned- I’ve bought 0 kits.
Favourite kit (fun factor)- Glider
Favourite map- Gazebo or Lift Off
Clan (if applicable)- TheKiwiClan
How you found WW/Munchy- I found Munchy from a friend on roblox in August 2019 :p

Opinions:

What kit do you think is the strongest and why- Glider, Glider is a very good kit for running away and also escaping fights if they get too low.
How would you go about nerfing it (if you would)- I don’t really know how I’d nerf it.

What kit do you think is the weakest and why- Halloween, I think this kit is the weakest because other kits like bouncy & glider have a set ability, where as this kit can give effects when eating the candy, and some of them are bad effects (such as nausea).
How would you go about buffing it (if you would)- If I had to buff this kit I would get rid of the bad effects.
If you could add one thing to WW, what would it be- I don’t know.

Kits balancing- 7
Rank perks- 9
Kit rotation balance- 7
Ease of reporting rule breakers- 8
Replayability- 9

Other:

If you have any further comments about woolwars feel free to add them here- I don’t have any further comments.

6 Likes

Played WW for how long- Roughly since I started playing Munchy (November 2020 I believe?)
Number of games played-
Rank- N/A
Number of kits owned- 1 lmao (bouncy xd)
Favourite kit (fun factor)- vision
Favourite kit (for winning)- bouncy/feather
Favourite map- Mixed between Room, Colosseum and Wool World
How you found WW/Munchy- I’ve known about Munchy for a while, way before even playing Munchy

i didn’t do the opinions becasuse i didnt feel like it B)

3 Likes

Just wanted to do this for fun

This is mine :smiley: :+1:

Played WW for how long- 362 days exactly
Number of games played- 7,161
Rank- JMOD
Number of kits owned- 3 (not counting legend perks)
Favourite map- Kitchen
Clan (if applicable)- APPA
How you found WW/Munchy- Originally through a server list, but on this account I rejoined due to BadBoyHalo shaving his head

Opinions:

What kit do you think is the strongest and why- Glider, it contains the abilities of multiple other kits (Faster then speedster, as fast as bouncy towering with good ping , has less fall damage (feather)), and allows flight

How would you go about nerfing it (if you would)- Make the cooldown registering from damage even if they aren’t gliding

What kit do you think is the weakest and why- Engineer. (Not counting pufferfish as it is a challenge kit). No one uses redstone in games as it has no real use & the throwing tnt is bugged

How would you go about buffing it (if you would)- When the TNT is fixed give it a 1 second fuse so they have less time to run away

If you could add one thing to WW, what would it be- Challenges/quests for tokens and cosmetics

On a scale of 1 to 10 how do you feel about the following when it comes to WW at the moment, 1 being very bad, 10 being very good: 8 overall. I still very much enjoy the game even after playing it like… every day for nearly a year.

Kits balancing- 6
Rank perks- 10
Kit rotation balance- 7
Ease of reporting rule breakers- n/a (as a legend rank definitely 10)
Replayability- 100

5 Likes

elo lil :fried_egg:

About me: im boris i guess yeah woo yeah

Played WW for how long- about a year
Number of games played- 9300~
Rank- none… dont bully me pls
Number of kits owned- honestly cant remember, prob around 5
Favourite kit (fun factor)- speedster and puffer in events with friends
Favourite kit (for winning)- bouncy
Favourite map- kitchen, sewer
How you found WW/Munchy- dutchmtc told me about it

Opinions: yeah yeah!!

What kit do you think is the strongest and why- glider, too many unintentional buffs that make the kit alot better than it’s supposed to be
How would you go about nerfing it (if you would)- remove fast stacking, and add a cooldown so you wont be able to ‘bhop’

What kit do you think is the weakest and why- pufferfish (obv)
How would you go about buffing it (if you would)- no pls dont buff puffer :pleading_face:

If you could add one thing to WW, what would it be- daily/weekly challenges to complete to recieve tokens with

On a scale of 1 to 10 how do you feel about the following when it comes to WW at the moment, 1 being very bad, 10 being very good: 5, Woolwars deserves way more attention than it currently gets, it’s an amazing gamemode and it should get more recognition.

Kits balancing- 6
Rank perks- 8.5
Kit rotation balance- 5
Replayability- 10

3 Likes

About me:

Played WW for how long- I can’t remember, but it was sometime before glider got nerfed the first time (when glider 1.0 was a thing).
Number of games played- 5373
Rank- Lifetime Super
Number of kits owned- All kits
Favourite kit (fun factor)- Knitter
Favourite kit (for winning)- Glider
Favourite map- Flagwars Castle
Clan (if applicable)- NerfVast/VAST
How you found WW/Munchy- Skeppy videos

Opinions

What kit do you think is the strongest and why- Pufferfish because baboo Glider because it can fly around and the Bhop ability is faster than speedster.
How would you go about nerfing it (if you would)- I’d make it slower.

What kit do you think is the weakest and why- Pufferfish because it’s meant to be difficult. However for kits that (I assume) are meant to be good, greedy because all it does after the first 30 seconds is clutter my inventory.
How would you go about buffing it (if you would)- I wouldn’t buff pufferfish because it’s meant to be difficult but I’d make greedy swap better armor and not pick up things you already have (like duplicate swords or tools).

If you could add one thing to WW, what would it be- I’d add back the map rotation because I personally enjoyed it.

Kits balancing- 6
Rank perks- 9
Kit rotation balance- 6
Map rotation variance- 8
Replayability- 8

3 Likes

About me:

Played WW for how long- 2+ years.
Number of games played- 5k+ i have had 2 stat resets and play on multiple accounts (accounts: Glidur, Icyoo, Icebreaker420)
Rank- Legend
Number of kits owned- The only kit i ever purchased was glider
Favourite kit (fun factor)- Glider
Favourite map- Colosseum
Clan (if applicable)- Gliders
How you found WW/Munchy- Skeppy/BadBoyHalo

Opinions:

What kit do you think is the strongest and why- Bouncy because of its ease of learning and strong mobility, or glider if you’re me
How would you go about nerfing it (if you would)- I wouldnt go about nerfing it

What kit do you think is the weakest and why- Pufferfish
How would you go about buffing it (if you would)- Nothing

If you could add one thing to WW, what would it be- More customizable private games

Kits balancing- 1
Rank perks- Super - 2, Elite - 7, Legend - 4.
Super gives almost nothing,
Elite gives everything
Legend is just elite with color chat
Kit rotation balance- N/A, i have all kits unlocked - I think a great way to show how balanced some of the kits are is to make glider a free kit. see how that goes for a week
Map rotation variance- Map rotation was removed
Ease of reporting rule breakers- 7 - it used to be 10 but then they removed view history from the report channels
Replayability- 6

3 Likes

Played WW for how long- About 1 and a half years.
Number of games played- 2414
Rank- EVENT
Number of kits owned- All (included with ranks)
Favourite map- Room or Bathroom
Clan (if applicable)- Monke
How you found WW/Munchy- I’m positive I joined from BadBoyHalo streams.

Opinions:

What kit do you think is the strongest and why- Glider, way too many perks in 1 kit and way too strong in some situations.
How would you go about nerfing it (if you would)- Increased gliding fall damage, add a gliding delay when being hit.

What kit do you think is the weakest and why- Pufferfish
How would you go about buffing it (if you would)- I probably wouldn’t buff it as its kinda a troll kit.

If you could add one thing to WW, what would it be- Quests

Kits balancing- 5
Rank perks- 8
Kit rotation balance- 6
Map rotation variance- 6
Replayability- 8

3 Likes

idek why I did this i just love surveys

Played WW for how long- 10 months, nearly 11
Number of games played- 653
Rank-Normal
Number of kits owned- 2
Favourite kit (fun factor)- Pufferfish, Grandpa
Favourite map- Wool World
Clan- TheKiwiClan
How you found WW/Munchy- @Boston_Creamy and skeppy

Opinions!!!

Strongest kit and nerf- glider obviously :roll_eyes: add a cooldown time to how long you can glide idk
Weakest kit and buffing- pufferfish jk pufferfish is the strongest, I think it would be fun if vision could be better :)
If I could one add thing to WW- I want to add removing woolwars lobby 1.0 from the map list

1-10 rankings

Kits balancing- 6 (few kits easily stand out from the rest)
Rank perks- 8
Kit rotation balance- n/a (I don’t think it ever changes for me but I don’t pay attention to it anyways)
Map rotation variance- 8
Ease of reporting rule breakers- 5 never really have come across hackers or teamers, but it seems like a hassle to get footage usually if they don’t get aries’d.
Replayability- 9

2 Likes

About me:

Played WW for how long- about a year
Number of games played- 13,377
Rank- Super
Number of kits owned- I think I’ve bought 4 or 5
Favourite kit (fun factor)- Feather
Favourite map- Mountain Valley
How you found WW/Munchy- I googled kitpvp servers, found Munchy, was NOT good at kitpvp, tried woolwars and loved it.

Opinions:

What kit do you think is the strongest and why- Glider, it can stack up as fast as bouncy, it can move on the ground as fast as speedster, it takes significantly less fall damage, it allows people to “bhop” you in pvp. And it also allows the player to fly!
How would you go about nerfing it (if you would)- Cooldown when hit no matter if you’re gliding or not, do something to make it glide slower, stop fast stacking.

What kit do you think is the weakest and why- Engineer
How would you go about buffing it (if you would)- Honestly I’m not sure. Right now it feels like it’s there to give people who want to try a redstone trap a challenge, sort of like how pufferfish is also a challenge kit.

If you could add one thing to WW, what would it be- Some sort of quest/challenge system

On a scale of 1 to 10 how do you feel about the following when it comes to WW at the moment, 1 being very bad, 10 being very good: 6. I’ve played a lot of games and I’m starting to feel a bit bored with it. I think if the playerbase grew I’d enjoy it a lot more.

Kits balancing- 5
Rank perks- 9
Kit rotation balance- 5 (I don’t think the rotation changes fast enough, should be every week or two imo)
Ease of reporting rule breakers- 7
Replayability- 10

3 Likes

About me:

Played WW for how long- 1 year+
Number of games played- 1617
Rank- JMOD
Number of kits owned- 2 (not counting legend perks)
Favourite kit (fun factor)- Greedy
Favourite map- Collusium
Clan (if applicable)- HNM<3
How you found WW/Munchy- I found Munchy through Skeppy’s trolling vids and I saw Skeppy and Bad playing a game called woolwars and I wanted to try it out

Opinions:

What kit do you think is the strongest and why- Glider u can tower like bouncy, use the glide to make u faster, and helps u escape easily
I really don’t want the kit to be nerfed and end up as a weak kit that much I would only make the glide not work on ground and only work while u are in air so the kit won’t end up weak and still does its main thing glide! if it ended up like vast Bouncy would be considered as op kit as well so if it got nerfed make it as the same strongness as bouncy
What kit do you think is the weakest and why- Puffer (obv)
How would you go about buffing it (if you would)- maybe give the pufferfish kb 1 which will make it very good kit (ik its a challenge kit but if it changed into a main kit then this is a good way to puff it)

If you could add one thing to WW, what would it be- Challenges for tokens, and goals for cosmetics for example if someone got 100+ wins they win a cosmetic like a pet (only in lobby) or special death message/animation like the ones in kitpvp for example. /nick for media+ (staff still can know who they are tho but this will reduce the target in game)

On a scale of 1 to 10 how do you feel about the following when it comes to WW at the moment, 1 being very bad, 10 being very good: 8.5 in total!

Kits balancing- 7
Rank perks- 9
Kit rotation balance- 8
Map rotation variance- 7
Ease of reporting rule breakers- 10
Replayability- 10

2 Likes

yeah what they said

3 Likes

About me:

Played WW for how long- A few months now (Woolwars).
Number of games played- 2.6k+ (reset my stats)
Rank- Default
Number of kits owned- (Idk)
Favourite map- Kiwi Monster
Clan (if applicable)- TheKiwiClan
How you found WW/Munchy- BadBoyHalo

Opinions:

What kit do you think is the strongest and why- Glider
How would you go about nerfing it (if you would)- Remove the fact that it can tower as fast as bouncy.

What kit do you think is the weakest and why- Engineer
How would you go about buffing it (if you would)- Only useful for some sort of trap, doesn’t give a good advantage.

If you could add one thing to WW, what would it be- Easier way to get tokens.

Kits balancing- 7 (Most kits are average with each others but there some are in need for a buff).
Rank perks- 9 (You can get elite from kitpvp events).
Kit rotation balance- N/A (I basically only use Bouncy).
Map rotation variance- N/A
Ease of reporting rule breakers- 8
Replayability- 10

2 Likes

that’s about right yeah

2 Likes

what up :fried_egg:
About me:

Played WW for how long- Actively for around a year, but in a few months it will be two years since I first played it :O
Number of games played- 4,000+
Rank- builbor
Number of kits owned- 3 with no rank perks
Favourite kit (fun factor)- speedster!!! zoom
Favourite kit (for winning)- Teleporter
Favourite map- Ringed Warfare
Clan (if applicable)- appa i think
How you found WW/Munchy- skeppty

Opinions:

What kit do you think is the strongest and why- Glider, definitely. It’s only two drawbacks are being hit in mid-air, which is hard to do in the first place and can easily be bypassed by just uncrouching for a second before being hit, and fall damage, which is easily bypassed with water or a cobweb. Glider is stupidly annoying to fight and even if you get close to killing one, they can just glide away, heal up, and come right back.
How would you go about nerfing it (if you would)- A cooldown of some sort would be nice. Not as drastic as it was before, but right now it’s just way too overpowered. Maybe a cooldown after you finished gliding to prevent you from running away again, which would also prevent uncrouching mid-air. Or disabling glider for a second or two even if you aren’t currently gliding.

What kit do you think is the weakest and why- Engineer.
How would you go about buffing it (if you would)- Fix the tnt? The whole concept of a trap kit is kind of weird for a game as fast paced as woolwars so I’m not sure how you’d go about buffing it.

If you could add one thing to WW, what would it be- Improve on the party system. The messages in chat are very easy to miss, it would be nice to just add some colors to them. I’m sure something like this is already being worked on but the ability to choose maps in private games + more private game customization in general would be awesome.
A challenge system for tokens as well would be cool! It could motivate players to use different kits.

Kits balancing- 6, a few kits dominate the game and it’s pretty hard to win with the others.
Rank perks-
Kit rotation balance- ?
Map rotation variance- ?
Ease of reporting rule breakers- 10. /report is pretty easy
Replayability- 10

4 Likes

dude you’re right thats such an easy bypass
(i agree glider needs a nerf lol)

3 Likes

About me:

Played WW for how long- since April of 2019

Number of games played- 4813

Rank- helper

Number of kits owned- I used to own about 8, but now that I’m a helper I own all of them

Favourite kit (fun factor)- teleporter
Favourite kit (for winning)- bouncy
Favourite map- coliseum, with Tartarus as a close second

Clan (if applicable)- Encryption(AES)
How you found WW/Munchy- through badboyhalo’s channel

Opinions:

How would you go about nerfing it (if you would)- glider and bouncy are the strongest kits(glider is slightly better but I know everyone else is going to talk about it, so I’m going with bouncy) The best nerf for bouncy in my opinion isn’t a straight nerf. I think the best way to go about it is to buff the other kits to its level. The typical response to this is “bouncy will always be good because woolwars is a vertical game mode”. I agree, but I also think that a lot of the current mobility kits could be viable alternatives to bouncy if we buff them right(kits like teleporter, vast, ninja, and speedster) doing this would be great for the health of the game. Players would no longer be punished for not going with the strict bouncy/glider meta

How would you go about buffing it (if you would)- engineer is very weak right now. I would completely rework the kit by removing everything it already has and adding two things. The first being that for every kill a random piece of your armor is upgrades to the next level. Then second ability being that you can right click withan enchanted brick in your hotbar to create a 3 x 3 wall in front of you(30 second cool down)

If you could add one thing to WW, what would it be- crates. This has already been discussed before, but adding crates with rewards like custom kill messages, tokens, and possibly lobby gadgets would help increase the playerbase to levels higher than they are currently

Kits balancing- 6
Rank perks- 5
Kit rotation balance- 7
Map rotation variance- 8
Replayability- 6.5

Other:

If you have any further comments about woolwars feel free to add them here- woolwars is suffering right now. The player count is extremely low and it’s been a while since anything has happened to boost the player base. The two main ways woolwars gains players are by updates and badboyhalo videos, neither of which has happened in a long time. Woolwars really needs something to revive it. I would hate to see it go down the path of becoming a dead game.

2 Likes

Played WW for how long- 2 years
Number of games played- 6409 (5000 more but I reset my stats)
Rank- Legend
Number of kits owned- (without legend) all of them
Favorite kit (fun factor)- Vast or Pufferfish
Favorite kit (for winning)- Glider
Favorite map- Kitchen, room, bathroom, dragons rage
Clan (if applicable)- APPA :heart: :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
How you found WW/Munchy- I don’t really remember but I think a skeppy video

Opinions:

What kit do you think is the strongest and why- Glider: With good ping it can stack as fast as bouncy; and even faster when using carpets, when “bhopping” it can move as fast as speedster, it can fly, and it can take less fall damage better then feather. It is honestly MIND BOGGLING that this kit has been OP for almost the entire 2 years I have played munchy.
How would you go about nerfing it (if you would)- Remove fast stacking, bhopping, and make it so it can only glide with a bare hand.

What kit do you think is the weakest and why- Not including puffer since its meant to suck, definitely engineer, the main ability never works and the redstone is useless. If you play this kit you basically are just using no kit.

How would you go about buffing it (if you would)- Remove the redstone, make the tnt work and explode on impact of a block or within one block of a player, give it a gray wool to make a 3x3 wall when right clicked with a 20 second cooldown.

If you could add one thing to WW, what would it be- Daily and weekly challenges like on kitpvp.

Kits balancing- 3
Rank perks- 5
Kit rotation balance- 2
Ease of reporting rule breakers- 10
Replayability- 6

3 Likes

Played WW for how long- Not a clue, it’s been well over a year tho :D
Number of games played- As of right now, 2289, although I took a stats reset at one point so it’s probably somewhere about 3.5k
Rank- Mod
Number of kits owned- All of them qwq
Favourite kit (fun factor)- Bouncy, I’ve always loved just being able to get to loot faster, jump from wall to wall, and outmanoeuvre players :D
Favourite kit (for winning)- Also bouncy, I just work best with it.
Favourite map- Either Colloseum or Flag Wars Castle, Colloseum for how stacked you can get and the layered design, and Flag Wars Castle for just how epic the whole build is and unique it is, easily one of the best looking maps and most fun to play on.
Clan (if applicable)- HAM?! best clan
How you found WW/Munchy- As many did, through one of bad’s streams!

Opinions:

What kit do you think is the strongest and why- As of right now glider, just because of how versatile and how high the skill ceiling is, going up against someone who properly knows how to use it or just glides away to the other side of the map as soon as you get close is something I can’t say I enjoy xD

Make it so you can only glide when shifting and with an empty hand, as fix some of the issues with it being able to stack up so fast (Not my idea)

What kit do you think is the weakest and why- Engineer Kit, it just doesn’t have many uses and the ones it does aren’t all that useful or don’t work half of the time o.o

How would you go about buffing it (if you would)- Not really too sure, just find a way to make it somewhat useful xD

Quests or cosmetics would be very cool to see added, and if the playerbase ever grows to such a size, perhaps some other modes, such as ones with adjusted loot tables or kits.

Kits balancing- 7
Rank perks- 8
Kit rotation balance- Wouldn’t really know xD
Map rotation variance- 9
Ease of reporting rule breakers- Not exactly viable to this question o_O
Replayability- 10

2 Likes