WoolWars Rules Update July 2021

Hello Munchies

Today I am here to announce that there is now a change to the WoolWars rules that will become punishable from July 1st.

Teaming is no longer allowed in any capacity on WoolWars

Why?

The reason for this change comes down to what we want from a game of WW. Whilst some people enjoy doing the teaming, when you are solo and come across teamers, it can often feel like a lost cause and is a very difficult situation to overcome. Teaming with someone will most likely guarantee one of you the win, and with the number of players teaming increasing over the last few months it has become very clear that the vast majority of the player-base on WoolWars is no longer happy with the 2-player teams rule.

Furthermore, with the introduction of the winstreak stat and thus leaderboard, teaming in order to allow one player to obtain a very high winstreak feels cheap, and previously the only thing stopping people from getting very high winstreaks using this strategy was the respect for the community and game. Whilst that is very admirable, I believe it is time to separate teaming from solo play officially to prevent this kind of thing from happening in the future. I will also be considering ways to ensure that the winstreak leaderboard (and, of course, the other leaderboards) are not inflated due to teaming both for the future, and through retroactive moderation.

What should I do if I believe two or more players are teaming?

If you see it happening, the absolute best thing you can do is start recording and capture them doing it red handed. If you can do that, then it makes punishing those players super easy. Try and get enough footage that there is no doubt they were teaming together and helping each other.

Look out for behaviour such as:

• Crouching repeatedly at each other before running away from each other
  • Dropping items to each other
  • Staying near each other for extended periods of time without fighting
  • Building structures for each other
  • Splashing health potions, or other positive buff potions on each other intentionally
  • 2v1’ing players (or Xv1 if there are more than two of them teaming) either with melee weapons or ranged weapons
  • Purposely dying near the end of the game to dissolve the team (and sometimes to give the other person all the items)
  • Anything else that indicates they are cooperating with each other in order to gain an advantage over everyone else

You should also try and get a hold of a staff member to also come watch, however this isn’t always possible so make sure to report they players involved after the fact instead. You can report players at MunchyMC - Help Center, in-game by contacting a staff member, or on Discord either in our community Discord server report channels, or by DMing a member of staff.

I got my leaderboard position by teaming with someone else, will I keep it?

As you gained it within the rules, then you are welcome to keep it. However, if you would like the chance to earn your winstreak leaderboard position solo, then message me for the chance to reset your winstreak and best winstreak stats so you are able to gain your position under the new rules!

Any winstreaks from now on that are obtained by teaming (or any form of stats boosting) will result in a stats reset and a temporary ban should you get on the leaderboard. It is very crucial that if you know someone is doing this, that you reach out to me even if you don’t have proof.

So is teaming gone from WoolWars forever? :crying_cat_face:

No! Events will be hosted from time to time that include teaming or are teamed games (the event host will specify this though), and in the future a teams mode will be available, what this change means is that teaming is simply no longer allowed in public games that affects stats. This will also not affect party games as these can be self-moderated by the party leader.

Please share this around so everyone has a chance to see! Also, keep an eye out for new content coming soon :wink: Thanks!

61 Likes