Wool Wars Pro Tips

Hello. As you might know I LOVE playing WoolWars on MunchyMC. So could anyone give some REALLY ADVANCED pro tips, it would make my day.

2 Likes

Learn where chest spawns are on each map, and come up with an efficient path to maximise loot. There are chests that spawn in the same place on each map, denoted by end portal frames before the game starts, as well as randomly spawning chests, so coming up with efficient chest paths will give you a good edge. :+1:

10 Likes

Another great skill to have in woolwars is knowing how to wall run. It’s VERY very useful and works with any kit. (Though some make it faster/most efficient)

This great post by @JUST511 explains how to wall run with bouncy, but the techniques can be used with any kit.

Block/cobweb clutching is also very good -

• Cobweb clutching on walls is simple - all you have to do is hug the wall you’re falling by and right click once or twice (preferably below you) while holding webs. It’s also smart to place a block above you if you can so the person chasing can’t land in your web.

• Cobweb/block clutching on flat ground is more difficult - the only advice I can give there is to time your right click well when you land.

The only other advice I can give is to practice pvp and potting on the kitpvp server. Usually woolwars fights aren’t straight pvp but it’s still useful to know.

edit : actually linked the post

7 Likes

Just to add onto what Helix said, I’d also highly recommend mastering water bucket clutching as it’s a lot easier to land on ground using it rather than with cobwebs.

3 Likes

Building up is key at the start, this is my own opinion but if you build up high enough (not all the way to the top) and get a lot of decent loot it’s much easier to drop and get kills than the be near the sandstone with a lot of looted chests (and the ppl above you wanting to hit u off with a snowball)

Another thing to add is long range wepons come in handy, snowballs, bows, fishing rods (etc?) are good to have on you when you want to scare someone while they are building up!!

I’m not sure how advance and epic pro tips these 2 were but then again I’m not the best player at woolwars ;-;

2 Likes

Thank you for informing me HELIXED (for the 10 000 000th time) :smiley:

Thank you for informing me. I will use this a lot after I get unbanned

Thank you for informing me. I have already mastered MLG by the way.

1 Like

Thank you for informing me. I believe you are probably a great wool wars player ;)

1 Like

I’d start with finding your perfect kit(s).
A lot of people are currently using Bouncy or Glider, yes they’re good. But that doesn’t mean they’re the best for u!
It really helped me to find my own strategy, so I could develop in quality and having more fun! Soo I’d recommend using different kits and finding out what suits you the best :D if you want any advice on kits you can ask the community in the Discord :)

3 Likes

I know how important kits are, that is why I registered and bought the kit “Archer”. I am really good at the bow and I personally think archer is OP (it just knocks people back and you get 5 free kills). But thanks for informing me.

1 Like

Learn when to w tap and when to stop. W tapping is great if you want to deal knockback, but sometimes too much knockback can actually help your opponent by boosting them onto an adjacent platform or wall, especially on maps like galaxy or Tartarus. Learn to find the perfect amount of knockback so that you use enough to get them off the edge, but not enough to hit them onto another island.
I really like this topic. Good job for inspiring a fun community discussion!

2 Likes

Basically, what everyone said and you should learn to w-tap. It helps alot when fighting on a ledge etc.

1 Like

Knowing which angles are the most effective for hitting another player are really good. With different layouts of different maps you can hit the other player more then they can hit you.

2 Likes

Thank you for informing me. I will use this strat

1 Like

Thank you for informing me :D

I dont know probably a really basic tip but, get to know alot of stratagies against every kit and for every map you play, so when you die just kinda play back in ur head what you could do differently.

Also what i use alot of times, if I dont know what kit my opponent is using, I always keep in mind they could use any kit, for example : if theyre using grandpa (knockback II stick) and I dont know that theyre using that kit, I’m not gonna fight them on a small platform. (this is hard to do when you wanna get kills tho…)

Basically just get to know the strats on each map and against each kit and learn from your mistakes.

Also important to know : dont listen to boris cause he doesnt know what he’s doing 90% of the time while playing wolwars

3 Likes

learn to shift tap with glider, its honestly balanced

2 Likes

Thank you for the information @boriswoop. I will try to memorize the maps after I get unbanned.

I don’t have the glider kit, but if I purchase it one day, I will use your strat. Thank you for informing me.