What’s YOUR artistic process?

Whats a different layer/version of an art piece you are proud of? Personally I think the artistic process is a very important aspect of creation and it’s always interesting to see others work before it’s complete!

AGAIN, if I do smt wrong, I apologize I’m new to forums (gonna write this on ever post until I know what the heck is going on)

5 Likes

You’re doing fine with the posts, nothing wrong yet just I noticed you did a daily post 3 times I believe and I might as well tell you now that too much off topic posts isn’t smiled upon (learned that one the hard way :{ ) but that’s just an fyi for ya, excuse the edit I just reworded this.

Again you’re fine rn and making some epic posts even tho this one ain’t rlly to my liking as much as other off topic posts are.

1 Like

As an artist myself, I use different visuals, apps and sketches for my references while trying to find which pose, what character, which person I should draw. One of my main applications to find references is probably Pinterest. To start of the process, I usually use some light brushes for a sketch, sometimes it really depends if I’m in a mood for a sketch or no. I also use different apps for drawing, such as Krita, Clip Studio Paint, Pixilart, Fire Alpaca, and many others. And to answer your question for my best drawings, here I some I consider one of my favorites!

Art

5 Likes

Ah yes, good ol Pinterest. I love your anime art style it’s so cute! Your lighting understanding and shading gives it so much dimension! I have much more of a cartoon art style myself so I don’t pay attention to lighting and detail as much as those drawings. Those are amazing tho, and I might have to try one of the programs you mentioned! EDIT: Forgot to mention how much I love the Pomni one especially

2 Likes

artistic process? yeah I don’t know what that is I have been art blocked for months.

2 Likes

Most of my paintings derive from songs due to my type of synesthesia. Chromesthesia is when you hear shapes and colors from sounds, which is what I have, and I use it in my art! Most of the time it’s just the color palettes from songs I listen to as color palettes for a painting, since my style is mainly abstract or simple and geometric. Though I have done my fair share of painting the exact things I see from songs with both shape AND color, albeit stylized in a way with more crisp boundaries since the real visions of them are more blurred.

There’s the secret of my IGN!

I also have a more recent specificity of how I do my backgrounds. Instead of brushes I end up using my finger(s) to dot and blend the paint instead. Probably a tedious method and a bit ridiculous, but I think it looks good. :joy:

Art Examples!

EDIT photo quality died, too lazy to fix it, good enough LOL

6 Likes