What is going on with KitPvP?

@Twinkiewinkie I don’t know if you realize this, but if an Admin would just simply address the issue of whatever is going on to the community, that would solve the solution by half. It does not matter if the answer is good or bad. The problem I personally am seeing is NO answer.

It’s OK if people have just gotten lazy. Burnout is real and even I’m not impervious to it, as zealous as I make myself out to be. It really does not matter what the reason is for whatever’s been happening. I think if someone up higher would just be more honest and forthcoming about the problems being faced, we would more than likely be able to understand and the community would feel better knowing that the issues are being acknowledged. This isn’t complicated.

I was going on but I think it’s best to just keep it brief for once.

12 Likes

Unfortunately I do understand both of your concerns, and my main goal was just to communicate what I can at this time. I cannot speak from the management/admin perspective, so of course I cannot solve the issue.

I do wish I could satisfy you all with a direct answer, but I’m almost as much out of the loop as you all. If I could direct an admin here to address your concerns, I would. But I genuinely don’t know how much our admins know or would like to publicly discuss.

I am truly sorry I cannot give you any better response, as I know you all wish for that. The next chance I am able to share information or help with change I will jump on. For now, all I can do is gather concerns and present them.

10 Likes

That’s fine, thank you for your input king o7

5 Likes

I’ve decided to wait a couple days before responding to give a chance to the people responsible to at least give any input, and seeing as my point continues to be proven, I will continue the discussion.

So @Twinkiewinkie firstly–thank you for having the tenacity to actually do your job AND do it well, and at least attempt to step in where those that are supposed to be in charge won’t.

Quick question–how does it feel to have the title of Senior Mod but still have the same knowledge as me, a normal player? They don’t even care enough about YOU to inform you about things! This should concern everyone. The fact that you’re suggesting that the Admin team simply doesn’t know or, perhaps worse, doesn’t want to actually talk to the players, should plainly tell everyone that this is no longer a community worth being apart of. It’s that simple. Like I said, nothing here is complicated.

Do you see what I’m saying? Here, let me tell you what I see:

• Two front-end admins responding to “Munchy of the Year” yet nothing heard on this thread, which was posted on the same day. So we have time for stupid things like Munchy of the Year, but when it comes to actual concerns raised by the community that need a degree of seriousness, no one is willing to help, not even offer anything.

• The actual KitPvP Manager with whom this topic concerns the most lurking on the forums here but also not willing to offer any sort of explanation, not even a reassurance. This is also the same person who told me six months ago how they’re all about transparency and doing their best for the game mode. Don’t believe me? Well here’s exactly what he said:

• “…as the manager of KitPvP, I’ve taken every possible step to demonstrate transparency and accountability within the inner-workings of my gamemode, when I find it possible.”
    • “I’m going to attempt to get more involved in responding feedback and ideas raised by the community on the forums…”

Yet I’ve written more in this one post than the KitPvP manager has written in the last six months since making that post. Got it. The standards were stated himself yet they have not been met. Not a single thing said in over three months. These are real results, I’m not making this up.

• A newsletter team that has not yet posted the December newsletter even though it’s January 4. In fact, in the year 2022, not a single MONTHLY newsletter, was posted at the ending or starting day of the month. Go look if you don’t believe me. Guys…we’re already well into the new month and forgot about last month. Would you please post that stupid thing at the correct time? You know what: :joy: newsletter team gets an emoji for this one. And yes I talked privately about this…and no the issue is not fixed. But I did the newsletter by myself for 11 months straight and did it JUST FINE! An entire team can’t do better than me, or even keep up the pace? Come on…not the newsletter too, I loved that!

• Build Team Management which I’m not going to repeat myself on but you can read it here. Applications pending for months huh…seem like good management to any of you?

I’m seeing failure across the board:

• Lack of effective leadership and maintaining of basic standards
  • Lack of skills in communicating with the community on a basic level (probably within the ranks too)
  • Lack of actually passionate people that are good at what they do

Great job management team! Gee guys, I wonder why Munchy has been going downhill! I can laugh at all this because, like I keep on trying to tell all of you, it’s not complicated. Start letting the community know what’s going on. Reply to the build applications in a timely manner. Get that newsletter out on time. Give us some faith. Start being a LEADER. This is low-hanging fruit people. Once we get the basics down, maybe then we can start lifting some spirits around here and getting things on track. There’s a reason why current staff, former staff, and faithful players, and everyone in between agrees with these issues.

A great place to start would be replying to this thread. Don’t worry–I got this one.

Is it really that hard? This is what basic leadership looks like. Addressing the community, promising to be better, and, most importantly to me, a little bit of humility in admitting that you are not perfect. Why am I being cocky with writing their own response? Because it’s not complicated. This is half the solution right here. I’m trying to show all of you if you would just put in some simple work, this community would be so much better off.

But for now, standards continue to slip, people continue to leave (Like 3 GOOD community members made forum posts leaving in the last week alone) because they are seeing this themselves, and the community continues to lose faith in those that are charged with keeping this server alive.

13 Likes

This has nothing related to this topic but god damn ur the only one that I actually like that type so much since most of the things that you say are true or partially idk :man_shrugging: (not involved btw)

3 Likes

cattech goated

4 Likes

Minecraft is a horrible coding platform as for creating the plug ins for kits but yeah it really isn’t hard to make at least 8 kits in 2 years I say 8 cause they did 4 on a year before

1 Like

you’re acting like your not part of the problem. at least half the staff on the server are corrupt and you aren’t an exception. deleting this message will just prove my point on how you all want a crystal clear image of yourselves when you yourself are where the majority of the toxicity comes from. if this message gets deleted it will just further prove my point.

1 Like

Hi NachoGod, thanks for your reply. If there’s something else you’d like me to address, I’m open and more than willing to discuss things with you. My goal would never be to feed into negativity, or claim things are out of my power on the server when they aren’t.

If you feel you’d like to talk privately, my dms are open to you & anyone else about any issues.

Thanks for your concerns.
Discord: Twinkiewinkie#6126

6 Likes

Hey princess,
there’s a reason disclaimers exist.

While your opinion is valid, I explicitly asked for no targeted hatred.
This is meant to be a mature and respectful discussion, and I’d prefer that it wouldn’t be used for jumping to conclusions regarding one person/group.

If you have an opinion you’d like to share, please do so as far as it’s not targeted at anyone, and you can be mature while writing it.

4 Likes

You guys are butchering McDonald’s post.

Off Topic

The staff are “corrupt”…? yawns Probably every month someone throws this around as a blanket insult just because they dislike certain moderators. What is this even supposed to mean?

The newsletter is posted within the first week of the next month? Yeah it is, so what? It’s a recap of the whole entire previous month. And it is written after the month is over. Sure, sometimes it is a bit more delayed than other times because every single newsletter editor also has other commitments. No, this is not a sign of neglect. You are just trying to find things to complain about.

MOTY gets more attention than a feedback post? Of course it does. It’s the biggest forums event of the year and heavily promoted on the discord.

I think you are being a bit unfair to Mike. He’s currently busy and unavailable, yes. But that does not make him an unsuitable manager in general. The truth is, Mike is actually on the same side as you. He’s been pushing for more changes but in reality the limited development resources we do have, have just been allocated to different projects recently.

You also need to consider that KitPvP has never really received any major updates pretty much ever and does not have a dedicated developer like prison for example. This is nothing new. Since 2015 there have been maybe like 2 medium and a few small updates. It’s not a very dynamic gamemode content-wise and the entertainment of it has always come from within the community. And people have always liked it that way. Could we have given it a bit more attention here and there? Probably, but I think that’s only a relatively small portion of the problem.

I think KitPvP has some fundemental issues in the modern era of Minecraft that couldn’t be fixed with a few new kits and events here and there. I haven’t been personally involved with KitPvP in a long time but it used to be my main gamemode and I am probably more familiar with it than anyone here and as much as it pains me, I think the days of 1.8 soup pvp are over. Kit needs to change fundamentally to have a chance to succeed in 2023. Many Kit players do not like the idea of changing to 1.20 and I believe our communication of this goal has driven a few of them away. But it will need a new start and it will grow a new community. And for better or for worse, this has the potential to fix a lot of the issues. But it’s a risk. We will see how it goes.

Note that these are personal opinions rather than the official stance of the admin or kitpvp management team.

20 Likes

Thank you for your input, Cheetos!!

I certainly agree with you that Mike is not an unsuitable manager. Through my time as a Moderator, he was undoubtedly one of my favorite admins to work with, and messaging him (whether it was for support or just a chit-chat) was always a pleasure. He’s undoubtedly one of the most capable personas on the server to manage a gamemode, and I’m genuinely glad we got to see him in this role on KitPvP.

I’m also certainly glad to hear that Mike is on our side and is still pushing for more updates and changes, despite the many challenges that come his way.

On the other hand, however, something that I and others are having a hard time with is the KitPvP management’s communication. Having spoken to multiple people from all around the KitPvP community and from all roles (staff, event, builders, regular community members, etc), it seems like it’s especially difficult on KitPvP of all servers to form proper communication with the management.

I’ve said it in my previous replies here, though I’ll say it again, that it’s difficult being a part of a community where issues can only be dealt with by the higher members of the community, and the community itself has no idea what’s going on. Let’s take, for example, a power outage that my neighborhood experienced a few days ago. Obviously, my neighborhood couldn’t do much about it. There are only such few people who can fix this problem, the electric company. My neighborhood, on the other hand, is absolutely panicking (work issues, kids scared of the dark, you know how it is). So my parents call the electric company, though they end up with no luck as the company itself is panicking just as much and is being called by tens to hundreds of other people at the same time regarding the same issue. And so, people have no idea what’s going on - no one is telling them what is happening, when the power will be back, etc. So of course, people start to panic even more than they did before. And the amount of distress people are going through does not get smaller by the hour, in fact, it only increases.

So obviously it’s a bit difficult to compare a power outage to a minecraft server’s dry phase, but we can see some similarities. Just like in a power outage, anyone below the management positions can’t do much about it. Just like people are panicking during a power outage, people are confused and distressed when nothing is happening on kit. And just like people are increasingly panicking as they aren’t being given information regarding the power outage from the electric company, the KitPvP community is increasingly becoming distressed, disappointed, and confused. I hope you can see where I’m coming from.

To summarize, while Kit’s dryness is certainly a problem that a lot of people are looking forward to being fixed, I certainly believe that the way these problems are being communicated to the community (which, at its current state, is no more than hearsay from people who aren’t management-level) is the real problem KitPvP’s having. For the record, I only just learned about the problems KitPvP is facing behind the scenes from you. The management can try to bring changes to KitPvP as much as they want. However, if the community is not going to be given any hope thanks to information regarding the efforts being made to bring changes and the problems being faced, then it’s unlikely that there would be a community to appreciate these efforts when they reach their end goal.

Thank you once again for your input :)

11 Likes

Gentlemen, I appreciate that you’re sharing your opinions, but those opinions are off topic and not relevant to the thread’s subject.

I’d like to ask you kindly to move this discussion elsewhere. Thank you.

11 Likes

im not sure how my second post wasnt related. i gave my input on why i thought the server was dying & what i believed the problems were. Yes they were negative and critical but they were still related but instead of actually replying to my comment or explaining why/how i was wrong, my post was of course deleted. love the censorship

3 Likes

yoooo, been a while. I don’t play regularly anymore and neither am I planning on it but what I do know from my experience is that there are certain parts that are kind of being neglected and that you can’t really rely on a person to release things in kitpvp. Munchys decline and downfall started the fall of 2020, there are a lot of factors going into it’s decline, at first it was slow and barely noticeable as players started to leave. I watched it all from beggining of the downfall till the end. And now kitpvp is pathetic. I understand there are many factors going into its downfall and that you can’t blame anybody or the server itself for spiraling downwards the way it did. You have to face the reality of things and realize that Munchy had peaked during Covid, April-August, everybody was locked up in their house and bored and relied on something to keep them entertained. For the community, we relied on Munchy, which was entertaining but once things get repetitive, that’s when people leave. You also have to realize that after August, schools began physically again, as well as jobs and socializing started to become a thing once more, people had responsibilities and dreams. Life began again and obviously, there’s no way around it, the player count started decreasing slowly and then exponentially. I was an event team member on this server, I definitely know about the season where the players would leave and never come on again. Where I would see 30-40 players in an event, and then struggle to have at most 15 in an event I’d host. Although life started happening again, One thing I do think would have helped players stay, would have been quick updates and installments into kitpvp to allow it to become more exciting. Another thing we have to take into accountability is that this isn’t the only “big” server that this has happened to. This has happened to countless servers and it MAKES SENSE. I do understand that there are exceptions, but some people just didn’t have a life before Munchy, and still don’t have one now. I do agree on some part of lazy development, false promises such as the event update that was promised I believe 2 years ago when Me, Plephix, and EggNogg joined the event team. We were told of an event update coming “soon”, from what I know, there is yet to be an update. You also have to know that I tried to stay in the community, I loved playing on Munchy, but I soon realized I couldn’t. Even after obtaining a new pc and having time to play on Munchy, it just didn’t excite me anymore. Everything was the same boring server, I had friends and that made it bearable but eventually my friends left. And I followed. Not because they left, not because the server was BORING, but because I had responsibilities in my life and I prioritize that over a silly video game. I adored this server, I loved all my friends here but it became unbearable watching everyone leave. Watching people leave left and right and having to be stuck making new friends when I knew I missed my old ones. Yes, I loved my new friends, but then it became repetitive. The server and the administration are not at fault, or atleast in my opinion, are not to be blamed for the downfall. I do partially agree, that with more speedy development and creativity, Munchy could have had a more stable playerbase, but KitPVP’s downfall was inevitable. Not every player is good at pvp and is discouraged when they have to fight sweats in Kit. Thats how it was like for many during the time period after April-June of 2020. Kitpvp’s downfall was inevitable. I hope that my contribution adds something to this conversation but I just wanted to speak my opinion on the matter as I had experience. This is not meant to go against anybody, I do agree with a lot of what was said. I know my opinion now doesn’t matter much because I quit a year ago but I hope I was able to help you in finding the answer to your question. I don’t plan on returning but I wish you all well. Thank you.

7 Likes

I would first read his posts before claiming that everything’s nonsense.

Second, being a recent player or not, I think it’s clear to acknowledge that Kitpvp is dying. All we are asking for is something that proves us that Kit is being worked on, not just silence. Now I’m not a Kit main at all but the issue looks pretty straightforward to me. :thinking:

• I wouldn’t consider his behaviour immature as I see this as showing devotion towards the actual game mode. He could have just moved on and not answer. We could have all done the same, letting Kit stay how it currently is but we aren’t doing so. We are asking news, informations about a game mode that we love and enjoy playing on.
5 Likes

this thread gives me a gram of hope for this minecraft server

4 Likes

i said that cause of a diff thing that got deleted lol

2 Likes

very well written post. i’ve been skimming through it in between breaks, and i think you did a great job emphasizing this issues with kit right now. similar to the one i made on prison a few months back, and since then there has been a new season released (granted, it had been in the works with announcements already, and i don’t believe thats the same with kit). either way, i hope this could mean a revival of kit in some way. if there is no action by management, or devs, or whoever needs to see this that can actually do something, then i reckon its gonna go really bad for kit, and munchy as a whole if this cycle of promising and not delivering continues.

4 Likes

HI GOTCHU

4 Likes