Ultimate Mining Guide (Map 4)

Howdy Guys!
I’m back with another addition to the MunchyMC community. This time I want to talk about mining. Even though I joined “recently” I still did my fair share of grinding and got some insight on how things are going. Now I want to share some thought, tips & tricks and general data with you guys.

UTILITY PICKAXES

Those picks usually have the sole purpose to set up the mining terrain for further grinding. In this list, I will include some raw data like prices, estimated profit (with and without ribbon) and a general description

Wario’s Pick

This should be your first “utility pick”. It offers a good price/performance ratio and can be used a lot because of its low cooldown. It creates a 4x4x4 cube which includes gold blocks, gold ore and some unchanged blocks in between. 0-3 Chests can also be included which depending on RNG can give you good rewards.

Description: “Right click in a mine to change blocks in a 3 block radius to better ores!”

General Information:

• Efficiency 4, Unbreaking 3, Fortune 3
  • 45 seconds Cooldown
  • Earnings:
    2.4k - 2.8k per Minute (~228k/hour)
    3,6 - 4,2k per Minute (~238k/hour) (RIBBON)
    4.5k - 5.3k per Minute (~294k/hour) (with Ms Pacman Boots)
    6.7k - 8k per Minute (~441k/hour) (with Ms Pacman Boots) (RIBBON)
    9.1k - 10.3k per Minute (~582k/hour) (with Ms Pacman Boots & Crown)
    13,6k - 15.5k per Minute (~873k/hour) (with Ms Pacman Boots & Crown) (RIBBON)

Price: 20-40k
Rarity: Ultra-Rare
Pickaxe-Tier: Iron
Repairable through: Ultra Repair Passes, Blacksmith
Preferred locations: None (It’s equally efficient everywhere)
Obtainable from: Crates, Donor Crates, Mine Chests, Ultra Crates, Outside

Resetti’s Pickaxe

Probably the best all-around pick because it gives you a lot of different resources which are handy in the economy. The benefit with this pick is that you can get a relatively high amount of XP which can be used to purchase “Legendary Crates” at the thrift. The only problem with this pick is the relatively high cooldown which is suited for the people who grind more casually and don’t want to mine without a break to do different things. Usage is simple you right-click the layer you want to transform, which replaces everything in that layer with emerald, diamond and coal ore.

Description: Right-click a block in a mine to replace the layer with emeralds and diamonds!

General Information:

• Efficiency 5, Fortune 7
  • 600 seconds Cooldown
  • Earnings:
    2.3k - 2.4k per Minute (~141k/hour)
    3.45k - 3.6k per Minute (~211.5k/hour) (RIBBON)
    5.4k - 5.7k per Minute (~333k/hour) (with Ms. Pacman Boots)
    8.1k - 8.55k per Minute (~499.5k/hour) (with Ms Pacman Boots) (RIBBON)
    24.7k - 25.5k per Minute (~1.5M/hour) (with Ms Pacman Boots & Crown)
    37k - 38k per Minute (~2.26M/hour) (with Ms Pacman Boots & Crown) (RIBBON)

Price: 1-2M
Rarity: Legendary
Pickaxe-Tier: Diamond
Repairable through: Legendary Repair Passes, Blacksmith
Preferred locations: Mines with huge areas (D1 mine, D4 mine; top, middle, bottom layers)
Obtainable from: Crates, Donor Crates, Mine Chests, Legendary Crates, Outside

Luigi’s Pick

Even though it’s a fairly new pick I think this is one of the best and only “high tier” picks out there. The reason why it’s a good choice to pick up as the next pick after the “Wario’s Pick” is that it doesn’t require a way to clear it fast because you have to wait for the cooldown anyways. It creates a 5x5x5 cube which includes emerald blocks, emerald ore and some unchanged blocks in between. 0-5 chests can also be included which can include some good drops depending on RNG.

Description: Right click in a mine to change blocks in a 5 block radius to better ores!

General Information:

• Efficiency 6, Unbreaking 3, Fortune 5
  • 60 seconds Cooldown
  • Earnings:
    9.2k - 10.3k per Minute (~585k/hour)
    13.8k - 15.45k per Minute (~877.5k/hour) (RIBBON)
    13.5k - 14.5k per Minute (~840k/hour) (with Ms. Pacman Boots)
    20k - 22k per Minute (~1.26M/hour) (with Ms Pacman Boots) (RIBBON)
    23.6k - 24.4k per Minute (~1.44M/hour) (with Ms Pacman Boots & Crown)
    35.4k - 36.6k per Minute (~2.16M/hour) (with Ms Pacman Boots & Crown) (RIBBON)

Price: 2-3M (because it’s fairly new the price is still fluctuating, this is my estimated price)
Pickaxe-Tier: Iron
Preferred locations: None (It’s equally efficient everywhere)

Rainbow Road Pick

One of the newest picks at the time. Even though it’s a “mythical” tier it doesn’t generate as much cash as the “Resetti” + crown combo for example. Still, it can be an appealing pickaxe for some people who don’t want to wait for cooldowns of the above-mentioned picks and just grind while watching some media content for example.

Description: Every block you mine turns into a 3x random Rainbow Rush block! (Coal-Iron-Gold-Diamond-Emerald)

General Information:

• Unbreaking 100
  • 0 seconds Cooldown
  • Earnings:
    30.9k - 32k per Minute (~1.9M/hour)
    46.3k - 48k per Minute (~2.83M/hour) (RIBBON)
    33k - 34.6k per Minute (~2.03M/hour) (with Ms Pacman Boots)
    50k - 52k per Minute (~3.042M/hour) (with Ms Pacman Boots) (RIBBON)
    Doesn’t work with crown!

Price: 40-??M (Can’t really make an estimate because only a few people have it)
Rarity: Mythical
Pickaxe-Tier: Gold
Repairable through: Mythical Repair Passes, Blacksmith
Preferred locations: D1-D4 (Preferred mines are those with low ore count)
Obtainable from: Crates, Donor Crates, Mine Chests, Outside

Grinding Pickaxes

Those picks are used to mine/grind the mines which were modified with our utility pickaxes.
The main concern about our choices here is the Efficiency and Durability of the pickaxes.

Miners Pick

The most basic pickaxe you can get on this prison server. The low cost and repairability of this pickaxe make it a good choice for new players. It’s also easy to obtain because you usually can ask players to give you one for free.

General Information:

• Effienceny 4
  • No active!

Price: 1-2k
Rarity: Semi-Rare
Repairable through: basic repair (right click a cauldron with it)
Obtainable from: Mini Crates, Crates, Donor Crates, Mine Chests, Outside

Bomb-omb Pickaxe

This is the “mid-tier” pick in this segment. It’s useful for all sorts of event-rushes because you can bomb through the layers and collect a lot of blocks because of that. Cooldown and cost are ok as well. When using it you can create a 2x2x2 - 4x4x4 hole.

General Information:

• Efficiency 5
  • 12 seconds Cooldown

Price: 25-40k
Repairable through: Ultra Repair Passes, Blacksmith
Obtainable from: Crates, Donor Crates, Mine Chests, Ultra Crates, Outside

Sonic Pick

It’s basically the ultimate grinding pick. What makes it so good is the high efficiency and durability it comes with. It may be a little bit pricey but makes up for it because you can use it for quite some time until it gets in the lower durability areas.

General Information:

• Efficiency 15, Durability 10
  • No active!

Price: 300k-2M (depending on durability)

Other Mining Equipment (Armor)

Basic Mining Gear:

• Pac-Man Helmet
    Main reason why we use it is that it gives infinite saturation and a “permanent” haste boost which maxes out at haste 5
    Price: 20-40k

• Captain Toad’s Chestplate
    Acts like an item magnet. It’s useful if you want to do some quick clearing without having to pick up every single drop.
    Price: 120-200k

• Yoshi’s Legs
    A cheap option to get around the mines really quick. It gives permanent speed II and the ability to double jump.
    Price: 30-70k

• Ms. Pac-Man Boots
    Probably the best all-around mining item in the game. Gives a random chance to drop emeralds and diamonds for every block you brake. This can make a huge difference in your earnings as you can see listed above.
    Price: 25-50k

Advanced Mining Gear:

• Captain Toad’s Pants
    The main benefit you get of these is the fact that you can’t take damage in mines anymore. That means no fall damage or PvP related event can harm you while you’re in a mine.
    Price: 1-2M

• Palutena’s Legs
    Gives you the ability to fly and the ability to take no fall damage. Is useful to get around the mines fast and fly across the different layers/mines.
    Price: 2-3M

• Ms. Pac-Man’s Ribbon
    Not really gear you should wear while you’re mining but the gear you can use after you banked enough goods to sell. The main benefit of it is that it increases your profit by +50% which can make a huge difference in the long term. It loses durability in a 1/20 chance for every /sell /sellall you do so be careful.
    Price: 4-7M

• Carmen Sandiego’s Pants
    Even though these are not really related to mining they can be useful if you want to hide from hungry leechers which would otherwise steal your pre-modified mining grounds. Basically behaves like /v (vanish).
    Price: 10-20M

• Peach’s Crown
    One of the best items in the game (in my opinion). It turns every ore you mine into the corresponding ore block which leads to massive profits overall. Comes at a price though.
    Price: 50-75M

General tips for Mining

• Don’t waste cooldowns!
    What I mean with that is that you shouldn’t wait around for long if the cooldown of your pickaxe is ready. This can lead to noticeable increase in your profits!
  • Upgrade when possible!
    If you got enough cash to buy an item of a higher tier … JUST DO IT. It may seem like a better idea to /rankup or waste it on some random gear. If you want to increase your profit/min you should just upgrade as soon as possible.
  • Be aware of the leeches!
    They are everywhere. Especially in the lower tier regions like D1-D4 where you want to use your “Resetti”. You can avoid them through good timing, good positions where you use them and good use of items (Carmen).
  • Participate in Events!
    Sounds like an obvious one but it makes a huge difference in general. With the right choice of equipment, you can get a significant amount of cash each time a mining-related event happens. Just make sure you have a good itemization for the different events.
  • Keep track of the Mine Reset!
    Also, an obvious one but you want to keep track of it because it can clear out the pre-modified grounds you did which is a waste of cooldown and resources.
  • Better buy new then repair!
    This can also make a difference. I don’t think any kind of Repair Pass is a reliable resource to repair your items because it varies in its ability to do so. I personally prefer to buy the items themselves because that comes cheaper in the higher segments.

This concludes my first mining guide. Hope it was somewhere useful and gets you some sort of benefit. Was a lot of work do this write-up so it would be appreciated to get some sort of response from you guys (Like, Comment with thoughts).

Special thanks go to @joha4732, @EsioTrot64, @Locomotives for donating “Resetti Layers” and helping me out to collect the data needed.

Disclaimer: All the earning estimates i supply in this post are results of my testing which was done in either 2-3 runs. I usually tried to maximise the benefits as well as possible. It may vary!

Thanks for the read and i wish you guys a good day and happy mining/grinding!

~KawaiiGrill

(This post might get some further formating and some content added/removed)

6 Likes

PLACEHOLDER

Might do a Giveaway or Event of some sort. Still, have to be decided.

No offense but why would you waste all of this time on a mining tutorial when prison is literally about to reset…?

Awesome Mining guide @KawaiiGrill!

I know how long this took you and I have been waiting for this post for days!!!

Awesome work and keep mining those sweet $$$! :smiley:

1 Like

Was already work in progress and I had some time to spare :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice guide @KawaiiGrill. :slight_smile: I could’ve used this a few weeks ago. ;3

1 Like