Thedutchknot's build team application

IGN:
thedutchknot
I also played on an account way back, I believe the IGN is potjeplant but I gave it to a friend at some point.

Since I have not yet done an introduction post what better place than here right? Hello tis me, I am seventeen years of age and live in the Netherlands. My current goal in life is getting my degree to become a geography teacher. I go by thedutchknot, dutch but knot is fine aswell. I am dyslexic so I apologize if I make any grammar or spelling mistakes I try my best. :smiley:

Timezone:
Cest -Netherlands

Discord Name:
KamerPlant#3682

How long have you played MunchyMC?:
I have no clue really when I started but it was a long long time ago on the first account. I took a break in between from munchy and after that ever since I have been playing on my current account.

How active can you be per week?:
In my current position I can confidently say about 7 to 15 hours in total but I have my moments where I work alot more or a little less.

Do you have any punishments on our Network? If so, what for?:
I got banned on my original account but I honestly do not recall what for but I think it had something to do with cheating or like a minimap. I have also been muted once on my current account but that too is so much in the past I cannot recall any specifics.

Please link a portfolio of all your most recent build projects:
All my builds can be seen on my profile in greater detail but here is a little portfolio of them for those who have not seen my work yet.
http://thedutchknot.crevado.com

Please tell us more about your FAVOURITE and PROUDEST build: It has to be krakens playground. Not so much because of the build but I was very pleasing seeing all the great comments flooding in, it made me feel amazing and energized me to work it till perfection. Seeing such comments for my first ever post on the forums and not beeing very well known got me very hooked on this community. Truely amazing people this community is made of.

How experienced are you with World Edit, Voxel and other building plugins?:
Every build I have done so far has been made with worldedit and by hand. I would say I am quite experienced with worldedit but I do lack those advanced brushes and tools voxel offers simply to the fact that I build in singleplayer. I do however wish to learn it more thoroughly since terraforming by hand has been a tedious task at times but I do know the basics.

Describe your build specialty and weaknesses (detailing, terraforming, structures, etc.):
My specialty would be creating a lively feel to a build. I dont like boring builds where there is not a story or an action that can be told or seen hence why I like to build organics. But simpler examples are the disk from my dragons island build or the kraken head below the map. Little things like that I love making

There is one thing that I really just dont enjoy building which is also my weakness because of it. Buildings. Dont give me wrong I like building structures that blend into the theme and are more freely designed but I just dont get enjoyment out of houses. I feel myself losing motivation with them and find them flatout dull to make. A new woolwars map is currently in the works where I tried to use buildings as the main theme but I find myself quiting earlier on than normal and the time it has taken is already twice at much as my normal woolwars maps and I am only half way there.

What is your history of building? If applicable, which build teams and/or servers have you worked for in the past?
My history of building is rather short but very long at the same time. I started very early on. I used to build funnily enough houses way back when I was still playing bedrock edition on my Ipad. I layed off a little when I got java, started pvping alot more but relit my fire for building with a project I did for school. Bee inspired build - YouTube

I continued playing buildbattle with friends but only started building actively again when I made my first woolwars map. The rest can be seen on my profile.

On a scale of 1-10, how well do you work with others? Please expand upon in your answer:
This is something I am greatly interested in. I have no clue what the experience is like working in a build team but would love to find out. I work well with others and am a very careful listener but take action when needed. Scale: 9/10

Have you applied for Builder before? If so, what was your reason for denial? How have you looked at improving since?
This is my very first time applying, I thank everyone for reading and if you have any question do not hesitate to ask!

Have a damn good day!
-thedutchknot

12 Likes

Hello!
I’ve looked at your portfolio, and 90% of your builds are WoolWars maps.
There is only one other build that is not a map.
I would experiment with other types of builds. Here is Oryeo’s build team application as a reference.
I would just like to say that your maps are amazing, I’m not trying to say that they’re bad.
Anyway, that’s all I have to say!
~Spectro

2 Likes

Helloo! Sadly all of oryeos builds are unable to be viewed atleast on my end that is. But do not worry most of the maps are build firstly as just a build on a plot and then adapted to be a woolwars map. Also maybe you missed the bee build (its the youtube link a little further down) but that is not a woolwars map either.

2 Likes

Thedutchknot have very good builds accept him!

3 Likes

Here’s Oryeo’s portfolio.
Good builds, like Spectro said it would be nice to see some more large scaled stuff, more terraforming and bigger organics. Something along the lines of a kitpvp map or something similar.
I would also recommend getting experience being on other build teams, since you exclusively build in single player,
+If you need a free server to build on with all the handy plugins like voxelsniper, try builder’s refuge.
Good luck!!! :lizard:

2 Likes

Hello! I already have a big project in mind which is next on the list so don’t worry about size. I was getting carried away with the simplicity of the woolwars maps. They are just so compact I love it. Also you might know this but does the server eat worldpainter maps or is their use out of bounds? I’ll also defenetly be checking out this builders refuge. Thank you for your comment, helpful stuff.

1 Like

Portfolio updated!

2 Likes

+1

• Proven Builder
    Trustworthy in game
    Knowledge of the server

This man shouldn’t even have to apply lol

3 Likes

This man has provided quality builds on munchy for a long time. The more I see the more I get impressed. Get :clap: this :clap: man :clap: builder
+1

1 Like

+1

Builds look amazing, I really hope you see you on the Build team soon!
2 Likes

Judging by your builds, they aren’t simple builds nor pixel art or survival builds. I’m not a building expert, so I cannot give proper advice on that level. But I can say they look good.

On the account “potjeplant” you(?) last joined September 13th of 2019 and initially joined June 29th, 2019.

On the account “thedutchknot” you joined September 16th of 2019.

*not judging based on your join dates; however you were unsure, so I wanted to clear that up

You are willing to improve, and have a genuine interest and passion in building. I applaud your nature in that field. However it would be great if you had knowledge in those fields. (referring to your answer to “how well do you work with others?”)

I also like that you are self-aware of your own weakness(es) as well.

Therefore, based on my gut, I shall give you:

+1

I don’t have much more to say, so I’ll end it off here. Beel, signing off. Good luck!

1 Like

Amazing builds, especially that kitpvp map. It would be cool to see that map be played. I wish you luck

+1

2 Likes

+1 yes

1 Like

+1
Your builds look amazing, I really like the KitPvP map. Best of luck!

2 Likes

+1
*respectful player and not toxic at all
*very active on the server
*clearly an amazing builder 100%
this :clap: man :clap: deserves :clap: builder

3 Likes

Hey look, an application thats actually good and professional. +1

1 Like

Application accepted! :tada:

Please contact Mikeal on Discord (mike.#2707) to setup a trial.

15 Likes

CONGRATS :D!
(body unclear :neutral_face: )

2 Likes

congrats dutch!

1 Like

Congrats, GLLLLL!!!

1 Like