The potion of leaping in wool wars

The problem with the current leaping potion is that it doesn’t jump 2+ blocks, its only jump boost, not jump boost II. I feel that it doesn’t help at all to get it since it only helps you jump roughly .3 blocks higher than you normally jump. I feel as if jump boost would be more helpful for this game mode, maybe you could have jump boost II for 10-20 seconds because it’s much more effective to get higher than you would with the the current leaping potion.

11 Likes

oh yea, jump boost/leaping pots is something i wanted to talk about a while back,
its nothing like how (another server) has coded their jump boost… its just like vanilla Minecraft jump boost potions. its kinda not really help full unless you can jitter click, but other than that its kinda like meh…
but maybe your idea could work, just maybe not anything more than 10 seconds, it would be a little bit too overpowered…

1 Like

I actually like the current state of jump boost because it allows me to use the potions offensively and splash them on people try to tower to me

3 Likes

I agree I honestly just never take potions of leaping out of chests ever because they’re useless so I wish they were better.

I personally take it and splash it on other people so I can catch up to them when they’re blocking up. ;) (kinda what zombie said)

1 Like

Oooh thank you for the tip >:D

2 Likes

No, seriously. The current idea with the leaping pots in chests is that they are used offensively to prohibit towering speed of enemies. However:

Would you be interested in an additional Jump II pot in the loot table?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

If there is enough community interest then perhaps I could be persuaded :)

3 Likes

Yeah this is cool and all but it makes bouncy obsolete. Imagine (for example) you could find an item that allows you to use the feather kit but only twice… seems a little unfair for the people that chose feather in the first place.
Yes I understand that the potion wouldn’t be permanent but still… I stand by what I said.
I vote no :x:

3 Likes

You are correct - it would be a nerf to Bouncy. How much of a nerf it is depends on the item spawn chance, and duration of the potion (which in the end rests on my shoulders to decide).

5 Likes

I don’t think jump boost 2 pots would make bouncy obsolete. The potions would run out eventually, while the bouncy jump boost never does. Water buckets and cobwebs don’t make feather obsolete. Speed potions do not make speedster useless. Enderpearls do not make teleporter useless.

2 Likes

That is… a really good point. I don’t have anything else to say but I just wanted to let you know :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

This is just a thought, if you do decide to add jump boost 2 pots into the loot table but also keep jump boost 1 pots, can you make one of the two have a different color so players don’t have to mouse over each potion to see if it’s jump boost 2 or 1.

I know this is possible cause when the poison nerf dropped the poison potions turned blue.

1 Like

I’ve been doing this for like forever lmao

1 Like

@BFI01 Yes ofc some of us know that, but I’ve seen people ingame use it on themselves because they believe it’s helping them, it’s not very clear that it should be used offensively to newer players

I voted no. Same reasons has Helix. It would definitely be a nerf to bouncy.

Here’s what I think. Bouncy is one of the most used and balanced kits (in my opinion). If a jump boost 2 potion were to be added, bouncy would become slightly underpowered. Certain maps, such as Overgrown have an extremely high rate of potions spawning in chests (I can easily get <10 potions in my inventory on this map). On these maps, Bouncy would be pretty useless.

That’s what I think, although if some balancing changes were to happen, I’m sure it will work.

My opinion with the jump boost 2 pot is it will end up making Bouncy fairly redundant as a kit if it were to be added, unless the pots were super rare…

It’d also be a buff to glider

I would say no. Partly for the reasons people have already stated, but mainly because if we have both jump boost one and jump boost two in chests it will be hard to distinguish between them. I think one of the best things about woolwars is that there is almost no RNG, and basically entirely skill based.(chests and sandstone orientation being the two main exceptions). While not a huge problem, I think that having two potions with different effects but both with the same color and particle effects is the wrong direction to go. It would be harder to tell the difference between the two in your hotbar as well as from a third person perspective. If you see someone with jump boost two will it only last ten seconds and give you an opportunity to run away, or are they using bouncy kit, in which case you need to change your strategy. Overall if it were added it would add an unpredictable element to the game. I would warm up to the idea more if the jump boost two effect was different than the jump boost one effect because it would allow players a chance to make an informed decision rather than guessing. Fell free to make a case for the opposing argument though, I’m open to new ideas :smiley:

Don’t use them on me though :smiley:

1 Like

Leaping pots are already op in terms of slowing people down, having a leaping II pot would be a bit op, big no from me :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I think a 15 seconds jump II would be perfect! Average drop chance, about the same as the regular jump potions we can currently find. That would give bouncy a needed nerf without changing the kit! Plus, it would add a use to jump potions as currently, although they can be used offensively, they’re quite useless.