[SURVIVAL] REDSTONE COMPETITION! June 2021

Howdy partners! :cowboy_hat_face:

It is my darn tootin’ pleasure to present to everyone a brand new competition for all the survival munchies out there! This time we are looking for your best (drumroll please…) :drum:

REDSTONE BUILDS!!

Give us your best contraption. Show us your skills in the art of redstone engineering. Who knows, maybe you’ll be able to patent it someday! Elon Musk :oncoming_automobile: :rocket: :man_scientist: is typing…

Remember, creativity is your friend here in the munchyverse. Show us something no one else has ever seen!

Now tip your cowboy hats to our wonderful list of judges! The new sherrifs in town are the wonderful @Myanisa, the beautiful @aphrodisiacal, the redstone mastermind @aetherim, and the most afk admin on survival, @Mikeal

The full list of judging criteria, rules, and how to enter are all listed below! :arrow_down:

COMPETITION INFORMATION:

This competition will close on THURSDAY JULY 1ST at 11:30 PM CST. This gives y’all roughly 20 days to pull an Einstein with your redstone! The winners will be announced shortly after.

You may submit any type of redstone builds you would like. It could be something practical or something fun- both categories will be judged on the same basis.

However, there is a unique set of restrictions for this competition, so be sure to read the rules thoroughly. Make sure your build is eligible!

The judging criteria is as follows: creativity, complexity (variety of blocks used), use of spacing, and wow factor :star_struck:

Just a friendly reminder that all staff members are eligible to enter this competition as well.

COMPETITION RULES:

For this competition, we are going to be accepting solo entries only. This means NO TEAMING is allowed! Each player may only submit 1 build.

As most of you should know, creating lag machines is not allowed on Munchy, and is punishable. The same rules apply to this competition. Not only will lag machines be immediately disqualified, but the appropriate punishment will be applied to the player responsible.

0 tick farms are also not allowed in game, and are also not allowed in this competition. Not only will 0 tick farms be immediately disqualified, but the appropriate punishment will be applied to the player responsible.

No auto/afk builds are allowed. The machine you enter must only be activated by an on/off switch. This means no repeater clocks or anything of the sort are allowed.

Builds must be contained to a 4x4 chunk area. Don’t panic! This is more space than you may think.

The use of schematica, including printer, is not allowed in this competition. Get creative, challenge your brain, and have some fun!

HOW TO ENTER

To enter, simply build your rootin’ tootin’ machine on Munchy, and be sure it’s claimed so no one can grief it! Then, give us a holler in the replies of this topic in the following format:

IGN:
COORDINATES OF BUILD:
BRIEF DESCRIPTION:
YOUR FAV TV COWBOY: (Rango is the only right answer here)

Feel free to include 1 or 2 screenshots in your reply as well!

Remember to double check that you are NOT building in the mining world, as it resets every 2 weeks and you will be unable to claim your build there.

PRIZES BABY!

The winners of this here competition will each receive 5 gold dabloons and a brand new pair of leather boots. I’m kidding. Sadly. The winners will actually recieve this:

1st place: 1 month of ++, 15 crate keys, an exclusive glow effect with a color of your choice!
2nd place: 1 month of +, 10 crate keys, an exclusive glow effect with a color of your choice!
3rd place: 5 crate keys, an exclusive glow effect with a color of your choice!

That’s all I have for you guys! Good luck to everyone that enters, and I’ll catch y’all back in the saloon. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to now ride my horse off into the Texas sunset very dramatically.

-Mae <3

20 Likes

first
also 4x4 chunks means 64x64 blocks for anybody who doesn’t know math.
That would also include from the lowest point of the world to the build limit.
So technically it would be 4x256, or more specifically 64x256.

2 Likes

fir- dang </3

3 Likes

not sure about that

goodluck everyone :O

8 Likes

Good luck everyone

2 Likes

math=no :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Good Luck to everyone participating :smiley:

3 Likes

redstone-

no

3 Likes

Welp time to watch every mumbo jumbo video…

3 Likes

are you trying to kill me

1 Like

Good luck everyone!

1 Like

yes :+1:

2 Likes

8 Likes

Good luck to everyone whos participating <3

1 Like

I want me 5 dabloons :(

2 Likes