Survival Elements Mapart Competition

Banner made by @Mysaan

:cloud: Survival Elements Map Art Competition :cloud:

:mount_fuji: Hello there! :mount_fuji:

Welcome to my first mapart competition and the first mapart competition of 2024!

The Theme of this mapart competition is going to be Elements. So get your
windy, watery, firey, icey and earthy maparts ready.

The Wonderful Judges of this mapart competition will be the floating @LunaInSpace :cloud: , the down to earth @EvillRat :mount_fuji:, the hot @skepiwi :fire: and the bottled @Mysaan :droplet:

The Competition will end on 20th February at 11:59pm GMT

:droplet: Competition Rules :droplet:

• All Submissions must be mapart and have their completed map/maps in an item frame in front of their build. Your art can be as many maps large as you like.

• Solo and team builds are allowed. On a team build, all builders must be credited and prizes will be split equally between the members. The max team size will be 3 members.

• Only 1 map art per player/team. You cannot be in more than 1 team. Please keep player swapping to a minimum, and do not swap without talking with me or the other judges first to make sure it’s alright.

• No inappropriate or offensive builds.

• Entries are to be kept to one image, meaning no compilations of images.

• You are allowed to use schematica/litematica to create your builds.

• You are not allowed to use printer!

• Submitting others’ work as your own will result in disqualification from the competition. You will not be given a chance to resubmit. This includes taking full credit for a co-operative build.

• Staff members are most definitely allowed to participate, including survival staff.

:snowflake: Judging :snowflake:

We will be judging the forum post on these categories:

Aesthetics
Build quality and execution
Creativity
Details
True to theme

:magic_wand: How to enter :magic_wand:

You can submit entries for the competition as a reply to this post. Please follow this format:

• Name of Map:
  • All team members IGNs:
  • Build Coordinates:
  • Favourite Element:

You may include up to two screenshots in your entry, and please ensure that coords match correctly.

:fire: Prizes :fire:

:1st_place_medal: 1st Place
15 Keys (of your choice)
Exclusive Coloured Glow Effect (of your choice)

:2nd_place_medal: 2nd Place
10 Keys (of your choice)

:3rd_place_medal: 3rd Place
8 Keys (of your choice)

Keys will be split equally between all team members.
Members of the 3 winning teams will all be given a glow effect of choice.

:herb: Finally, :herb:

good luck to everyone who enters and I hope I host more mapart competitions in the future!!
If anyone has any questions dm me on discord lunainspace!

21 Likes

wow!!!

10 Likes

Good luck to everyone who enters!

8 Likes

wowie!!!

10 Likes

14 Likes

HYPE!! Good luck everyone :partying_face:

7 Likes

I can’t wait to be judged by the hot skepiwi!!!
Good luck to all

9 Likes

BOY WHAT HAVE I TOLD YOU ABOUT LEARNING PYROMANCY? THERE ARE CONSEQUENCES TO LEARNING THE ELEMENTS BOY. DO NOT DEFILE MY WISHES BOY.

Also give me more chestnuts :>

2 Likes

@pesusalla We winning this

7 Likes

Good luck to those who participate! :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Gotta learn how to make mapart real quick…

5 Likes

That was my first thought when reading elements

5 Likes

A very cool theme, good luck everyone ^^

4 Likes

Best of luck to all participants! This sounds fun :D

4 Likes

The competition sounds fire! Gl y’all!!!

4 Likes

Gonna win this competition with a 128x128 mapart (lying)

Im excited to see what styles and themes everyone is going to use for this! I’ve found that what I have so far is a bit synonymous with my actual artstyle through my paintings just in a more blocky way. Which I did consider just recreating one of my paintings as a mapart but I wanted to make up a new idea :D So taking that into consideration I wonder if others’ entries will mirror their styles as well, assuming they’re also artists.

All jokes aside, I do not think I’ll get top three with what I have in mind. My artstyle tends to sway more abstract and simple in nature and it’s showing in my WIP, and I think most of the time the super detailed works get more hype. But considering this is my first mapart ever I’m more inclined to just try my best at a first attempt.

Assuming discussion is allowed, I’d love to also see what element(s) people are going for as well as their favorite element! Because while my favorite is Earth and having a whole persona based off being an Earth Elemental Elf, my entry is going with element fire (With some themes that could either class as air or earth depending…)

6 Likes

You said your art style is abstract and you’re going for fire, I think that could be a very wonderful combination personally and I believe you can do it! Excited to see your entry and rooting for you rn.

3 Likes

I shall do my best :D Though my levels of abstract vary in my art, so it may not be as abstract as you’re thinking. Or more!

6 Likes

I’m sure it’ll be great either way

3 Likes

Name of Map: Solar Flare
All Team members: Me, Myself, and I (MindSongs)
Build Coordinates: POINT 1- x9535 z2752 POINT 2- x9408 z2879
Favorite Element: Earth :D

Art’s element is Fire!

Abstract for the win :pray:

24 Likes