Survival Development Update & Community Poll

Heya Munchies!

With 1.20 around the corner, we have found ourselves in a dilemma and would like to hear your feedback.

Moving into the summer, we can either keep survival as it is (and perform a regular update as you are used to) or we temporarily disable custom mobs (this means all custom bosses and custom model pets) for the summer in order to greatly increase the performance of survival. This means, constantly high tps (low lag) no matter how many players are online or what they are doing. While the bosses do not directly impact the performance of survival, they conflict with the new infrastructure we are currently working on behind the scenes.

Option 1: Keep Bosses and Custom Pets (Significantly more lag)

Option 2: Temporarily remove Bosses and Custom Pets

Vote here!
  • Prioritize keeping bosses and custom pets at all times
  • Temporarily remove custom mobs to increase server performance
0 voters

Note that either way, we will bring both the performance increase and custom mobs to survival eventually. This poll is merely about what the community thinks we should prioritize for now.

25 Likes

Wish some kind of middle ground could be found here. Custom mobs look awesome but tps is as important to gameplay as audio is to film. Have to lean towards mobs right now but happy to see it go either way when I can play during summer holidays!

5 Likes

The middle ground is that as soon as it is humanly possible, we will make both of them available together. Until then, it sadly is an either-or decision.

9 Likes

As I love custom pets and stuff I find tps to be horrible, especially because I want to make a PvP tournament in the near future so this is necessary :confused:

3 Likes

While I would be sad about losing the custom “mobs” (specifically my mouse LOL) - I do think it would be a great idea to temporarily remove them for the sake of smoother performance!

4 Likes

As much as custom pets are really fun to make and cool. Better server performance is something many have wanted for ages, including myself XD.

5 Likes

Good luck on the charizard skep

2 Likes

Survival would be 100x better for all of the grinders if the performance issues were focused more then the custom mobs and pets.

2 Likes

I agree with this 100%

good job turtle uwu

1 Like

Disowning you rn until Tuesday.

2 Likes

I am curious to see those changes considering lots of people were against the afk rules. Although it’s for the well-being of the server, some clearly made the game less enjoyable especially for those who loves to build machines either for fun or for grinding. :eyes:

1 Like

We had to implement those changes to combat lag. If our new infrastructure successfully reduces the lag on survival, we could consider removing these rules step-by-step. But this largely depends on the success of the project!

6 Likes

When shall this poll end because I think everyone’s stated their Opinion by now.