MunchyMC Newsletter - May 2023

banner

MunchyMC Newsletter: Edition Stack (64) - May 2023

Bonjour Munchers and welcome back to the 64th (wow we’ve had a whole stack of newsletters) Newsletter!
We have quite a bit of news this month so let’s get right into it!

Staff Team

Promotions

Bug & Idea Team

Sript - Sript has been promoted to Bug & Idea Team Manager!
infernalfae - infernalfae has been promoted to Global Bug & Idea Team Senior Member!
liambgames - liambgames has been promoted to Prison Bug & Idea Team Senior Member!
ZombieBot1 - ZombieBot1 has been promoted to WoolWars Bug & Idea Team Senior Member!

ZombieBot1 - ZombieBot1 has been promoted to WoolWars Moderator!

Junior Moderator

Mddey - Mddey has been promoted to KitPvP Junior Moderator!
jessixac - jessixac has been promoted to Prison Guard (Junior Moderator)!

Helper

NaoIsHere - NaoIsHere has been promoted to Recruit (Prison Helper)!
zetsies - zetsies has been promoted to Recruit (Prison Helper)!
ItsSnowyAmelia - ItsSnowyAmelia has been promoted to Recruit (Prison Helper)!
alexisytical - alexisytical has been promoted to Recruit (Prison Helper)!

Event Server

DonutJack - DonutJack has been promoted to Event Server Moderator!
Mddey - Mddey has been promoted to Event Server Moderator!

Written by DutchMTC (fixed by infernalfae, she did bad grammar).

–|~News!~|–

HELLO GAMERS!

We’re almost there… Can you believe it?
For the first time in over 2 YEARS.

A PROPER KIT UPDATE!

A massive thank you to @cahrypt and other devs (idk who exactly worked on this but yeah).

This first KitPvP update is mainly focused on Quality of Life improvements, Bug Fixes, and some shiny new stuff. A larger update will follow after (No ETA for now) which will have even more shiny stuff.

Anyways, enough update talk. Let's get into the section probably no-one will answer;
Written by DutchMTC.

New Prison Staff! :sparkler:
The applications have been reviewed and as many of you have seen, there has been a new batch of staff! I’d like to give a warm welcome to the new Prison Helpers @NaoIsHere, @ItsSnowyAmelia, @alexisytical and @zetsies! There has also been one new Prison JMod!! @jessixac, welcome to the team! :sparkles:

Item changes :hammer:
While there were no new Items added this month, a lot of existing items were adjusted and/or buffed! Especially in the category of Items used for mining, there have been a bunch of buffs! Happy mining! :pick:

To see the full list of added, nerfed, buffed or adjusted items this month, type /cl in game to see the changelog.

Map 9 Leaderboards

Don’t forget that we have over $1000 IN PRIZES being rewarded to those who are ranked the highest across the following categories at the end of the map!

:crown: Highest Rank :crown:

#1 - Tarteris - (31)(New)
#2 - leeaff - (29)(New)
#3 - Mala__x - (24)(A4)

:global: Most Ultras Found :global:

#1 - liambgames - 8,465
#2 - ImTooFatToRun - 6,705
#3 - Lxshirox - 3,217

:fishing_pole_and_fish: Top Fisher :fishing_pole_and_fish:

#1 - PapaCoach - 105L

:axe: Top Logger :axe:

#1 - Neonmuffin_ - 1,542,357

:pick: Top Miner :pick:

#1 - MOW3 - 21,309,079

:farmer: Top Farmer :farmer:

#1 - Tuxmux - 1,171,277

Written by DonutJack.

Hello Gamers!

Welcome to the Survival Section of this month’s Newsletter. Now you might think, fae usually doesn’t start her newsletter section that way. And you’d be right, because this month I (DutchMTC) will be taking over fae’s section as fae is very busy with exams, so wish her the best of luck!

Anyways, it’s been a pretty busy month so let’s get right into it!

I. Championship Hall Maps

Have you always wanted to see your build in the spotlight? Well now is your chance! From now on all of you will be able build maps to be used in Championship Minigames!

More info can be found in the post below:

II. Survival Art Competition

In need of an outlet to unleash your creativity? Want to make a mark and let your art come to life on Survival? This is your chance to showcase your artistic flair and have your very own art be featured as a painting on Survival!

Enter the Survival Art Competition by following the instructions in the post linked below:

III. Survival Development Update & Community Poll

With 1.20 coming around, Survival had a Dilemma seeing as the server is currently very laggy at times, now there is a solution for this, but we would have to give up some cool features temporarily. More info and the poll to vote for the options can be found here:

IV. Mob Vote #1

We are very fortunate to have an extremely cool Resource Pack on the server, which allows us to use custom models for basically everything! This also means we can add all custom mobs to the server, and we thought, why not? But of course we would want to add a mob that the community actually wants, so that is where first official Mob Vote comes in!

Vote for your favorite mob below, the mob with the most votes will be added!

Unfortunately everything has to come to an end, and so does this newsletter section. Don’t be sad though! We have a lot of fun stuff coming in June including some Pride Month Events! Anyways, thank you all for reading thus far, and we hope to see you here again next month!

Bye bye! :rainbow:

Written by DutchMTC.

Hey guys. It’s me, Zombiebot01, here to tell you about the events of woolwars this month. One thing happened. Let’s get right into it:

Woolwars free for all

Have you ever wanted to fight your friends? Have you ever wanted to fight all your friends? Have you ever wanted to fight all of your friends while playing on a map that bricks your computer any time your render distance rises above two chunks? Oh boy, you missed out. The woolwars free for all was huge, chaotic, but most of all, very fun. Congrats to @Gavot for winning!

Thanks for reading my woolwars section. I hope I get a good grade

Written by ZombieRot1.

Community Art Highlights! :paintbrush:

Hello and welcome back to the art highlights! There was loads of beautiful artwork this month but I’m also happy to say that there’s another artist interview! I have done a fair share of interviews before and just had to continue what Atterax started!

Artist Interview

Borke_sun

I'm very excited to share my first artist interview with you all. It's with the wonderful Borke_sun (also known as Brooke_sun) and she posts amazing artwork both made traditionally and digitally. So let's get right into her interview!

Click here!

May 2023 Art Gallery

Click here!
LoveBlue

Simfonija

Illustration of Candlea

Illustration of Simfonija

Phinox297

Mysaan

Illustration of LunaInSpace

Illustration of Vicvi

outfrommars

SpooderSnake

Teruplim

Borke_sun

smeru

JaredTsvetkov

bild

bild

Aiadeva

SunnyPancake623

Written by Mysaan.

And that is all for this month!

And that is where we wrap up this newsletter! We hope you enjoyed reading, and if not well then you suck. See you next month! :rainbow:
33 Likes

newsletter

4 Likes

newsletter

3 Likes

Very nice newsletter and an enjoyable one for once.

cool newsletter ig but look at this funky penguin

3 Likes

1 Like

whos this rando that drew me

6 Likes

that was me i think

5 Likes

It was prob me

5 Likes

letterNews

2 Likes

Journal :newspaper_roll: