(Suggestion) Make "Free Claims" easier obtainable

To get into more detail:

The majority of the player base doesn’t really care about having 3 plots but rather having 1 big where they can spread out their farm’s houses and maybe some footpaths in between.
The problem comes when you want to claim a spot because it easily melts through the mere amount of “Free Claims” given. Even when you make small claims like 30x30 you already need 900 “Free Claims”.
Furthermore, you only get about 50 claims a day when you spend moderate time on the server (about 3-4 hours + greeting new players) which would require about 2-3 weeks of playtime to get enough “Free Claims” to claim a 30x30 area.
To actually enable players to get some decent sized claims I recommend the following:

• Increase the amount of “Free Claims” given every 5 minutes to at least 3 (my suggestion would be 5-7)
  • Reduce the loss you get from removing a claim to 25% instead of 50%

Also, there could be the possibility to give Donors some sort of Perk when it comes to “Free Claims”. Suggestions could be as following:

• Just give some with the purchase (monthly) (500 for +; 1000 for ++)
  • Increase the amount of “Free Claims” per 5 minutes even further to 5-10

Enabling player to protect what they have built or want to build should be a key factor of this server because that’s not a Raid or HCF server we’re talking about. I get it that you should get those “Free Claims” over time but this would mean that you literally have to temp your blocks/items until you can actually afford to claim an area which doesn’t make sense at all.

As always, have a good day!
Kawaii

PS: Add your thoughts down below :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I totally agree, well said !

2 Likes

You make some great suggestions! We are currently testing out the best ways to provide a balanced claiming experience for all players. As of today, we have already implemented a few adjustments:

• Deleting claims now gives back 90% of the claim size as free blocks.
  • The cost of claims is now 25% of what it was previously.

Keep the feedback coming! Let us know how the changes have/haven’t improved gameplay for you :smiley:

5 Likes

Thanks for the implementation. I will let you guys know what i think of it and will soon return it as some sort of feedback (post maybe). Be sure to also check out my Prison related post where i also list a handful of insights that come from my experience of playing prison.

Cheers
Kawaii

1 Like