Some suggestions

just a few:

• option to hide crate text from chat in the event that people suddenly start opening dozens and dozens of them for nearly an hour straight.

• wither event improvement; maybe spawn a few of them in varying locations? one wither can be killed very quickly and easily by just one person. it starts to feel like you have to ‘snipe’ the loot out from under others even if you didn’t get a chance to fight the thing because it’s way up in the sky. They fly up as the player with ++ flies up afterall… I have ++ but not everyone does :)

• i suggested this a loong long long time ago before /fly was formally introduced but I really do think (and have for a long while) that /fly is OP in the End and the Nether. These areas reset every 2 weeks and have limited stuff to loot. Players with /fly have an enormous advantage over those without.

• the bottom bar for crate key loot is claims/gold ingots and i really do feel like claims especially are on the VERY low end. 10 crate keys is 20$ on sale and $30 without any sale… yet from a key you get 39 claim blocks or around that same amount of ingots. At the very least with ingots you know that there’s a 5:1 ratio or so regarding converting them into claim blocks. 4,500 claimblocks in the store is $20. The difference in value here is pretty huge between buying claims outright, selling the key outright, and keys giving such a low amount of claims for the cost.

• lastly I guess I would just like to say again that getting resets on a solid schedule that is followed would be very, very nice. I’ve been chasing this for as long as I can remember and even when I was admin it just wasn’t happening. People are spending a lot of money on this server so it would be nice to show some more professional handling when it comes to competitive resets on outer worlds.

ty !

2 Likes

Not a bad idea, has already been asked for recently by @Alithita and I can agree with it.

I do think reworking this event slightly would be a good idea, something like this suggestion would be cool, or possibly disabling flight (and carpet) within a radius of the wither so that everyone has an even playing feild to the boss. as I also mentioned in the discord message that you saw previously I also think the player with most damage dealt to the wither could possibly be given the item straight to their inventory instead of it dropping, this saves fights over “hey you did no damage but got the drop, that’s not fair!”. I feel like this same logic could also be applied to the dragon eggs.

Orginally for the reset I asked for flight to be disabled for a time period after every reset, that happened for the first week, after that I think they decided it was too much effort to disable and enable every reset (Or just forgot? :man_shrugging: )

Issue here is, people don’t buy the crates for the claim blocks, if they wanted claim blocks they would buy those, people buy crates for the chance at rare items that are otherwise unobtainable.

I know Ibby has already responded to you asking this before in Discord, we do have a set schedule now and Bad has promised to keep to it as much as possible. If I am correct, this is set for 3pm EST on Saturdays, every 2 weeks.

Issue here is, people don’t buy the crates for the claim blocks, if they wanted claim blocks they would buy those, people buy crates for the chance at rare items that are otherwise unobtainable.

That doesn’t mean the claimblocks should be this low. Things on the Munchy shop have always been crazy high prices to cause a sense of urgency when sales happen. I understand that there are rare items but when I asked for crates on this server in my document I asked above everything else for them to be FAIR. This doesn’t feel fair. Actually it’s not even a feeling. It outright isn’t fair. Other things I asked for were ignored but they aren’t relevant to this or BBH’s monetization schemes.

I know Ibby has already responded to you asking this before in Discord, we do have a set schedule now and Bad has promised to keep to it as much as possible. If I am correct, this is set for 3pm EST on Saturdays, every 2 weeks .

If you’ve seen my responses to her you would know that I was told similar/the same things almost a year ago when I was in her position. The Mining World had NEVER reset when i became staff. So the resets on things becoming frequent were not even a thing before I suggested them, and I was moving towards reliable resets that players could schedule around if they wanted to. Imagine my surprise when 9 1/2 months later I come back to BBH doing a 1am impromptu reset of all worlds. So for Ibby to try to explain to me that things are suddenly going to be different now… IDK. I’ve been there, I’ve experienced it, I know what it’s like to be in her shoes. It’s not any different now than it was then. Not trying to throw shade but I’m seeing something that hugely contradicts what is being said (and has been said for the better part of a year). I do have my doubts and just want to voice my concerns here. Not only for myself but also for others who feel the same way. If BBH does follow through on the schedule it’ll be awesome :slight_smile:

Orginally for the reset I asked for flight to be disabled for a time period after every reset, that happened for the first week, after that I think they decided it was too much effort to disable and enable every reset (Or just forgot? :man_shrugging: )

Yeah this isn’t feasible, I understand completely why this is asking too much… it’s already a big thing to have worlds reset on time lol… That’s why I believe it’s about time that /fly is disabled in event areas like Wither (or the mining world as a whole) and also in limited time zones with very competitive loot such as the end.

Not a bad idea, has already been asked for recently by @Alithita and I can agree with it.

Funnily enough when I mentioned it earlier she agreed immediately. It’s overbearing for sure when multiple people are buying, selling, and opening crates & keys back to back to back for a while. It’s a chain reaction that takes over everything else in chat and cannot be ignored even over your own private chats.

1 Like

The issue I have with the claims from the crates is that the winter crates give you a decent amount when you don’t get an item. I feel as though gold should be nerfed in the normal crates and the claim values match the winter crate.

With the wither if we are going to disable fly near the wither maybe just disabled it while the wither is alive or enable for everyone while it’s alive (and have fall damage disabled for 1 minute to save those without fly)

I believe fly should be disabled for the first week in both end and nether as it was discussed before I left the staff team. And was then surprised that after the first reset was no longer in place.

Only issue with the resets of the world’s is that the spawn points need to be built every new seed. Maybe having maps pre built 52 of each so it can be automated

Edit:realized maps are reset every 2 weeks xD so 26 maps

Something really should change at this point because the server is very pay to win as it is now while simultaneously being very pricey even with sales. I haven’t opened winter crates but for sure the regular crates gave an abysmal amount of claims. It’s almost embarrassing to open crates and get claims.

I like your idea of week one being no-fly. Also the point of either all players having fly or none, as some having it is such a massive advantage for things like Withers that non-paying players literally cannot participate because the battle is happening at sky limit.

edit: just watched a winter crate opening and im stunned. the price is the same yet winter crates are giving ~1500 claimblocks while regular crates give 39. thirty nine. why

1 Like

Hi guys, its good to see some good discussions going about stuff! I’m always down for some suggestions.
Boop’s comments go a long way to answering concerns and keeping you up to date with where we are on some of these issues (the ones that are already being looked into, that is). I though I would just chime in with a few other additions :upside_down_face:

1. Claimblocks/Gold in crates.
    Crates are always set up so that there are various different odds to get various different items, with the rarer items being more exciting. Whilst the claimblock amount might be low, you are also able to win items that sell in game for over 4k. Thats kinda just how crates work. Personally, I’m not a huge crate fan (which I have no idea if I should really say or not xD) but the crates are very deliberately not pay2win. The majority of stuff you get from them is cosmetic, the gadgets and the keys themselves are able to be sold in game for ig currency - not purchasing crates shouldnt put you at any significant disadvantage on the server. Saying this, we have been thinking about more variety in the ‘buffer’ prizes to spice it up a little, so stay tuned for that. Hopefully this change should go most of the way to resolving your concerns.

2. Worlds Resets.
    The issue of worlds resets has been a little neglected recently because we’ve been prioritising other things, such as improving the lag and working on some server updates, which I apologise for. It has been arranged for a set time and date now, and there is no reason why it shouldnt be possible to stick to this.
    (A lot has changed in the last 9 1/2 months! Survival is much bigger and a lot better managed, so give us a chance to prove ourselves before you make any judgements Sesa xD :purple_heart:)

3. Flight in the Extra Worlds.
    Boop is indeed right, as is Shorty. Disabling flight in the extra worlds was trialled when we first reset and proved to be a lil too feindish to make a regular thing just yet. Once we have the resets nailled we might revisit this one because I’m with you here, I think the ranked players get a fairly significant advantage which could do with a bit of a nerf.

4. Crates in chat.
    Noted. It does get pretty spammy. A few people are bringing this up so we’ll have a look into what we can do.

5. Withers.
    I wonder if sorting nether skelli spawn rates so its more feasible to spawn your own withers in the mining world would go most of the way to solving this particular issue?

edit: The claimblocks from the Winter Crates and the normal Crates should be the same o_O. I’ll have someone look into that real quick. It should be that they give like 30g and like 1k claim blocks.

here are two crate videos both are around 30 crates opened

This is the winter keys which is what i believe is how crates should be set up.

This is the normal, which is kinda garbage for items vs claims/gold

Funnily enough when I mentioned it earlier she agreed immediately. It’s overbearing for sure when multiple people are buying, selling, and opening crates & keys back to back to back for a while. It’s a chain reaction that takes over everything else in chat and cannot be ignored even over your own private chats.

This is true. After you said it, I agreeded, and put it in the appropriate staff chat to be seen and hopefully implemented. :smile:

Survival is much bigger and a lot better managed, so give us a chance to prove ourselves before you make any judgements Sesa

Yes it’s much better managed as BBH comes in at 1am , barely Sunday, to reset all the worlds while everyone online is saying it should be happening at 6pm… Survival had these numbers when I was Admin too. Did you forget that? Back when iGotchu even came back to Survival to try to do some stuff suddenly because Survival wasn’t a ghost town anymore. If anything you guys should value the concern of Survival going back to being what it was before I became staff.

Also some of the crate things are a bit strong… dropping gems and things by chance, but I don’t really care about that because those items can be sold in exchange for gold. ++ cannot be sold in exchange for gold so I am focusing on that kind of thing. Also i think the new crate tools are a fun addition and idk if you recall but I definitely was the one to put that suggestion down in the document that you read a while ago? Along with gadgets, pets/mounts, particle guns, etc. Not anything original or my own in terms of uniqueness but definitely not something that was planned for the server before then. Do you remember when I begged in that document for BBH to make things purchaseable outright instead of imposing gambling tactics on children being the only means of obtaining these items?

Wither skeleton rates could be higher but increasing them could have negative impact so it’s a slippery slope. I think the event is in need of basic regulations and updating. It’s an event for one person at a time right now by design and that is an issue. Increasing wither skeleton spawns would be a bandaid and only serve to withhold the event’s potential in favor of ‘more of the same’ rng mob spawn while playing alone.

30g is a bit low as well. I get that crates have ‘dud’ rewards but usually in a paid crate you don’t see something this unforgiving as the bottom line.

1 Like

Would almost be an idea to have survival event team to host the upcoming mini games (if that is the purpose of the build comp) to not only host events but trigger wither spawning, maybe put it in an event world?

That was almost a thing back then. It was definitely considered but I think there was some issue with it that I can’t recall at the moment

1 Like

I’ve responded to a considerable number of your concerns and suggestions, and have taken all of them seriously. I don’t know what else you’re expecting from a conversation like this.

Suggestions and discussions should be constructive and I try my best to keep the community engaged and listened to - after all, y’all are the whole reason the server exists!

Of course we all remember your contributions to the server, you were very influential in kickstarting survival to where it is today. I also remember just how frustrating it was back then.
I stick by my previous statement. Please do us the courtesy of giving us a chance to prove ourselves before you make so many judgements.

1 Like

I didn’t make judgements Ibby. I literally voiced a concern based on what I saw being the same as what I remembered from forever ago. That isn’t me jumping to conclusions.

I know you’re trying to do your job as Admin, I get that. Let me do my part as a regular player please. I’m here to do what I always did and never intended for this back and forth. it’s difficult not to take things you say in a weird way when you’re talking to me like I’m 5 and don’t know anything with some upside-down smiley faces at the end.

Survival wasn’t great because of me. It was a HUGE team effort. I can’t force people to log in every day. I can’t code for my life either. We all made survival what it is today and I’ve been trying to reiterate that since I got back when everyone was claiming I’m some legend. I really wish you could see that I’m not here trying to lord over you or anyone on the staff team. I respect you guys and understand how things work.

1 Like

+1, good ideas or not, Sesaline is here to attempt to approve the community. I’m sure she isn’t here to start an argument. I also agree with most of the ideas anyways.

2 Likes

2015, I played on a Skyblock server, people would say OP Skyblock, but OP sounds for me like it’s possible to get over powered effects and enchantments, but just OreSpawn on the server doesn’t make it OP. The Server was also very quit, 7~10 at peak hours, a lot of drama after a while.
On the server, I didn’t go much into the nether or end, as everything got looted away real quickly.
(separate world for end, but nether was normal accessible through a self made portal)
There are automatic ranks that are given on accumulated play hours.
50 hours, 100 hours, 200 hours, 300 hours. At 300 I got /fly and other things.
Thing is, only after I got fly, I was able to loot chests in nether fortresses much faster, a lot quicker at getting them home and also stealing loot under other’s noses, who don’t have fly.
But it was at least so, that when you get hit, for example by a skeleton or another player, you lose your fly for as long as you are combat tagged.
Unfortunately, the same was also true for closed islands, lose fly on contact with an island, that closed it’s access to non-staff members. (I lost a lot)

I actually like this idea.

Pair it with most damage gets the star and it then becomes way more fair imho

2 Likes

Yeah /fly is also an issue for these exact reasons. When it was first released there wasn’t even a mining restriction (currently you break blocks slower while flying-- this wasn’t always the case). So I can see that some steps have been taken to mitigate the advantage. The same can be said for /repair, where there was no cooldown for a long time and somewhere along the way a 10 minute cooldown was agreed upon and implemented.

If I remember correctly + rank comes with /carpet and you can’t even break blocks at all while using that.

And ++ also has a command “/tp up [amount]” which is akin to flying in the sense that you equip your handy elytra, /tp up 200, glide, and then repeat the command once you’re getting a little closer to land. But at least with ‘/tp up’ it’s not possible to freely go around breaking blocks, avoiding any challenges the game has to offer, or outright eliminate community members without ranks from events like Wither spawn.

The idea of combat tagging is interesting. I don’t know what route the devs will take to fix the imbalance but if I had to guess it would be something simple like totally eliminating the command from these areas. Making a huge change to how fly works will impact the sales of ++; I’m sure they are aware of that consequence and I’m hoping that some kind of middle ground can be agreed on.

If everything fails, let’s make a new server and call it MunchyMC 2. xD

I don’t think the problems here are THAT big ahahaha
though I know there are some issues that the community literally cannot do anything about right now which bothers them a great deal.

Most people won’t even talk about problems openly for fear of losing any chance they could have of being staff. Not sure why they are worried about ‘potentially’ losing out on an unpaid position. I’ve never seen communication as a problem. If someone doesn’t do it people will eventually either quit or boil up to the point of lashing out. And honestly right now it doesn’t seem like the community has anyone here to help voice their concerns with confidence. If anything that’s the biggest problem.

1 Like

I just want to make a point to say that’s completely false, if anything it’s the other way around, I actually pretty much got promoted to the rank I have because I do raise issues, I do say we are doing things wrong when I think we are and I would like to think that people are listened to, and they are. For example, we have been rewarding players for doing things such as bug reports and good ideas that have been implemented.

The staff team are actually encouraged to make suggestions frequently and raise concerns, these happening have brought about big changes that would not have happened otherwise, we value community and staff input with ideas and issues just as much as each other.

For example, you brought up that world resets did not have a set time, so we go “Oh, she’s right” and did something about it, we spoke to bad and now there is something in place that will make it better and have things actually work on a set schedule.

EDIT: I mean… heck, the whole reset was done on community suggestion! It was run from the ground up based on community polls.

1 Like