Some suggestions

I think it’s either what you think, potentially becoming staff, or that they fear of negative backlash.
Critisism doesn’t seem to be a word some people have around here.
Napkin just recently matured, but people might have had fear of opening their heart, just to get a trash bag thrown into it.

2 Likes

that’s awesome! It’s not a direct jab at anyone of course when I say these things. I usually only come forward when I’ve seen enough complaints to warrant saying something. A lot of the staff workings happen behind the scenes so it can seem like nothing is happening to the usual player.

The fear of not getting staff thing is subjective for each person, and with things like admins making custom tags and giving it only to their closest friends happening, you can imagine why many players feel there’s a rift or ‘inner circle’ within the staff team that can cause a hindrance in their staff chances. Hope that makes sense

definitely not just a munchy problem (and I can’t confirm if it even IS a problem here or just speculation). happens to everyone everywhere even IRL. It’s something that can be worked on fortunately !

I really do like this idea, mainly because of the number of announcements flooding a chat saying someone is opening a crate. Sometimes people are in mid-conversation and the spam ends up ruining it.

Maybe if you get into a certain range ./fly will be turned off to give ++ players and normal players a chance to get the loot.

This is also a great idea, Just the idea of players needing to actually try and get things like a normal player. Then maybe after a while (maybe a week later) it is turned back on for the ++ players. so basically at the start of the week, it’s off than the final week it gets turned back on.

I believe this shouldn’t be changed. This is because although the players are buying creates, they mainly do so because they want rares or something that other players don’t get. Claim blocks are like low of the low. When a player gets them they usually get disappointed.

It has been getting better, but I do believe it should be on a solid schedule as you said.

This is general is true, If some people aren’t comfortable with voicing their concerns, then maybe staff isnt for them. A lot of the helpers/Mod/SrMods talk about things they believe they should be fixed to the fullest. Ibby has actually made it easier to talk to staff in my opinion and made sure every voice is heard and taken into concideration. the amount of reports I get about peoples ideas for survival i take to the higer ups and make sure all the pros and cons are heard. Sooo, people do talk to staff because they have no fear of losing any chance they got at staff.

1 Like

Most people won’t even talk about problems openly for fear of losing any chance they could have of being staff.

potentially becoming staff, or that they fear of negative backlash.

I believe that you are both misinformed in this regard. Staff members and other members of the Survival community know very well that discussing openly about things, when done in a respectful manner, yields no negative consequences. For instance, before I became a helper on Survival, and even still, I’m always critical of certain functions on Munchy when it is warranted. Have I ever been penalized? No. No one else has, to my knowledge, when they’ve conducted themselves in a respectful manner.

The fear of not getting staff thing is subjective for each person, and with things like admins making custom tags and giving it only to their closest friends happening, you can imagine why many players feel there’s a rift or ‘inner circle’ within the staff team that can cause a hindrance in their staff chances.

Favoritism will always exist. That is a fact of life. It exists in the workplace as well, believe me. However, the fear that somebody cannot become staff because that favoritism exists is ridiculous. Plenty of people have become members of the staff team without being in the “inner circle”. Before I became a member of the staff team, my “inner circle” included no other staff members or members who were in the “staff member circle”. I only became truly close to people in the “staff circle” after I became a member of the staff team. As far as I am aware, I was promoted based on merit and my contributions to the server.

Does that mean that favoritism doesn’t play a role in how people become staff? Of course not, however, it’s not like we’re seeing people who are not qualified being promoted based on favoritism. As I like to put it, personal biases and preferences may get in you in the door, but it’s your qualifications that get you the job. However, the same holds true where your qualifications get you in the door and the job, which is typically how it happens.

Honestly, if you ask me, those who are discouraged by that sort of thing on a Minecraft Server, are getting prepared for the life-changing favoritism that numerous people experience in adulthood and maybe they are not ready for the responsibility of being staff on a server such as Munchy.

The bottom line is, people who are staff are people who deserve to be staff based on their merit, maturity, and qualifications. If somebody is being discouraged over the percieved “favoritism”, they need to realize that is a fact of life and pursue the opportunity anyway. Positive efforts will always be realized one way or another. If you’re doing the right thing, you shouldn’t have anything to fear.

I’m not the one who typically gets involved in drama. Actually, I prefer to stay FAR away from it. However, I felt like my two cents were necessary to tell it how it is. I also believe that this thread has lost track of its intended purpose and has gone in a separate direction. Locking the thread may be in the best of interests. Life is WAY too short to deal with something this petty.

On the note of what this thread was actually about, higher up staff has already responded to the suggestions and has been overwhelmingly receptive and has adequately responded to all concerns and ideas. I agree with what they have to say and should mention that a lot of what has been suggested is or has already been in the works. Personally, I feel like staff should be a little bit more transparent so we don’t constantly have threads like these, but that’s not my place to determine.

3 Likes

Thanks for summing things up for us Ali <3