SantaRhino's JMod Staff Application (Winter 2020)

Prerequisite checklist:

- Have you been a regular player on MunchyMC for at least one month?:
I have played almost daily for quite a while; my total playing time being around 1000+ hours. MunchyMC is a place I go to have fun, relax, and work on projects that I think the community would enjoy.
- Are you able to record and upload good quality videos of hackers?:
Yes. I’ve recently downloaded OBS and learned the fundamental basics on how to operate it, and do believe I can use it in whichever situation deems it necessary.
- Do you have TeamSpeak3 and Discord downloaded and are competent with them?:
I have had both TeamSpeak3 and Discord downloaded for a very long time and understand a developed level of comprehension when using both these programs to communicate with other people.

Application

IGN:
SantaRhino (Previously was RhinoRampages)
Timezone:
PST (GMT-8)
Languages spoken:
English (I am strongly developed in English with a comprehensive understanding of vocabulary and grammar usage both in text and verbally. I have basic minimal understanding in French.)
Server(s) you are interested in moderating:
Survival, SurvivalGames, Purgatory
How active can you be per week?
I spend approximately 40-60 hours a week playing Munchy while still managing to work on school in the other time I have available.
Do you have any punishments on our network? If so, please describe your side of story:
(UPDATE) I have been banned on 3 occassions; the first being a false ban. However, the second time was not. I decided to act foolish one day without thinking, to attempt to build a lag machine off the top of my head. I did, and although it had no affect on the servers performance, was a malicious action and I was dealt with quickly. To make things worse, I came back to the server with a rude and disrespectful demeanor which caused my clan to kick me. If that wasn’t bad enough, I had a conversation with a staff member about different topics related to Munchy based almost ENTIRELY on my emotional state, causing me to be irrational and unreasonable to the point where I discussed the possibility of me making another lag machine. It was a threat, and they blacklisted me for it. For about a month or two, I blamed the community for my blacklisting, and tried to convince the community that I was an asset they shouldn’t just “throw away” however until eventually the people I cared about started to drift away from my toxic behavior. Eventually I started to beat myself up because I knew I threw away the chance I had at spending time with welcoming people and a home I could go to. I let my ignorance, and personal vendetta turn me into everything I hated. I became a monster. Overtime more people began to lecture me, and began to scold me for everything I had done to others, and it felt like the whole world was against me. And back then, it might as well have been. The worst part was that I knew I deserved it. So I worked on myself and spoke to people about what they hated about me and tried my best to change how I was and how I acted. Eventually I was miraculously given another chance to rejoin the Munchy community and was greylisted. This was a shock to me, as I thought I’d never get a chance to see those people ever again. I believe I have been better since, and I’ve been told so. However there are still many things I need to change, and I hope to work on them with the help of this community. Joining the Staff Team will help give me an opportunity to show support to members and other Staff on the server, and develop a deeper and more positively rooted reputation. Although, if I’m being honest, my blacklisting, and my past behavior will be the reason why I might never be a part of The Staff Team. But to be a part of something much bigger than myself and to work towards making the community a collectively better place for everyone, is what I’m hoping for by making this application.
Have you applied for this role before? If so, please explain the steps you have taken to improve as an applicant since your last application:
I have not applied to this role before as my reputation for a long time has been somewhat controversial. However I believe I can do a lot for the community and this seems like an appropriate way to do so.
What do you think your reputation is like within the community?
(UPDATE) There are quite a few people who would compliment my actions and contributions to the community, but there are just as many people who would argue against it. I have a very negative history based on how I acted, and it is still affecting me to this day. I can’t deny anything I have done or said, but I am hoping to change that over time and this seems like a great way to do so. I wouldn’t apply any words such as “famous” or “well-known” to my reputation, but I have rooted some sense of who I am and what I do amongst the people online. I may not have used the forums much before but I plan on changing that while getting more involved both on the server and online in general. I don’t have any negative relationships with anyone, and I do genuinely want to care for the people on Munchy like they cared for me. I try my best to help out new players in chat, whether it’s helping them with starting equipment, how to use commands, or how to even make friends and get themselves established in the community. I do my best to pause what I’m doing to help someone out, and I try to reach out a helping hand whenever I can.
Why are you interested in the role and what motivated you to apply?
(UPDATE) As stated above, I have rooted a negative reputation amongst some players in the community, and I deeply wish for a chance to instead bring positivity to others and create a safer and enjoyable environment/experience for everybody in the community. I have played on MunchyMC for over a year now, and when I did join last December, I was in a rough patch in my life. I had recently gone through some traumatic event, and my friend showing me this Minecraft server helped me get through it easier. I was able to make new friends and meet new people. There have been so many people, especially on the Staff Team, that made my experience better and I just want to do the same for someone else. A lot of people, both kids and adults, go to Munchy as an escape from reality, so I want to help make it safer and more enjoyable for them like Staff did for me. I can fit leadership-role positions, help moderate communities, and lend a helping hand to those in need. I believe my assets and work ethic would provide a significant benefit to the work load on Survival and maybe even Survival Games. I want to do everything I can to make the server more engaging, welcoming, and safer for all of the people in this wonderful and wholesome community. I am looking to take initiative and take on more responsibilities to improve the server and the community in any way I can, even on the forums and discord.
Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), how would you rate your knowledge on moderating a community?
7/10. While I have no evidential and tangible proof, I have moderated some communities on Discord to ensure no one interfered with the people online. While I have yet to deal with situations like hackers and modders, I have some designated experience in dealing with people who cause trouble for others. I can establish any form of leadership role and moderate large quantities of people, to ensure that everyone is behaving safely and respectfully.
Out of 10 (with 10 being very knowledgeable), what would you rate your knowledge on Minecraft hacks and cheats, including finding and identifying cheaters?
6/10. (UPDATE) I have researched and analyzed the different behavioral patterns of each hack such as ESP, Fly hacks, Speed, step up, no fall, jesus, and more. However this knowledge is somewhat basic and I am still developing a stronger understanding of each one and how to detect usage of them. I am somewhat limited to my knowledge about cheaters, but can comprehensively gather information to develop a summarized verdict on whether or not a person is using an unfair 3rd party advantage ingame. I also plan on learning how different cheat clients work and how to identify them, so that if I do get accepted onto the team in some way, I can use this information to help complete whatever task I am given.
Please link us to any hacker reports you have made (recorded and/or reported) on MunchyMC:

(UPDATE)
I have spent months dealing with the consequences of my decisions and my actions that negatively affected others, and that helped shape who I am and who I want to be both in my life and in the community. I am willing to take initiative and give as much as I can to the community, and give a happier and safer experience to the people around me. I have been classified by many friends that I am somewhat of a leader, and I wish to help use that trait to benefit both the players on MunchyMC as well as the community as a whole. I have a strong level of competence, problem solving skills, and a deeply rooted level of emotional understanding and I am willing to help out in any situation that is presented to me. I believe in strong morals, individual growth, and responsibility/accountability. I want to make things easier for both current and future staff, so I am ready and I am willing to do whatever it takes to ensure the safety of the players on MunchyMC and create the optimal experience for new and returning players. I may not have a perfect reputation, or lots of connections with high level players and well known people, but MunchyMC is like a second home to me. I have devoted so much time and energy into my time on Munchy, and I don’t regret a second of it. I love the place, and I love the people. MunchyMC is a big reason why I bother to get up every day, and I hope that I’ll get the opportunity to make it a big reason for someone else too. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review my application, and I look forward to hearing from you soon! Much love guys. <3 -Rhino

7 Likes

+10 Rhino is one of the best if not THE best and most mature players on survival at the moment <3

2 Likes

aw see youd make such a great staff member <3

LOL

I doubt that

1 Like

+1 active

1 Like

+1
The sir is very active and the most mature player I know. Very smart when it comes to solving an issue and I think that could come in hand when having to deal with a cheater.
Good luck idiot!

1 Like

:heart:

omg bully :< tysm tho ily

1 Like

<3<3<3 Rhino best person

2 Likes

too wholesome for this world? yessiirrrr

1 Like

yes ma’m

2 Likes

+1 Rhino is a very nice person, I would say they’re very active and I think they’d be a great fit for staff :) goodluck Rhino!!! <3

2 Likes

Aw, I really appreciate that, thank you. :heart:

2 Likes

+1 pog

1 Like

Hello! You seem super friendly, however I have only seen you on Survival Games once. This may be due to time zone differences, however I do recommend becoming more active on SG.

1 Like

+0.999

Great application! I would suggest just being more active on the forums! :D

1 Like

Hi! I appreciate your comment so much, and I’m hoping to play more survival games literally everyday because it is such an underrated gamemode. Would love to see you there sometime :heart:

2 Likes

Aw thank you! I am trying to be more active, and establish a better connection with everyone in the forums community :heart:

1 Like

That’s quite an interesting interpretation you have there of the events leading up to you getting blacklisted :upside_down_face:

9 Likes

Yeah there was a bit more there than just building a lag machine a couple times before you got blacklisted, staff don’t just… blacklist after a second temp-bannable offense…

(Speaking about the clan we were in together)
The first time you got banned we decided to keep you in crack clan, but then when you got unbanned you were sorta rude and then you got ipbanned like 2 weeks later and we kicked you from the clan.

(Speaking to the multiple times you tried to monopolize the economy of survival/make money in slightly scummy ways)
So the first time was like 8 months ago when you sold “mystery boxes,” and from my experience a lot of these were scams. The couple times I bought one I got: a stack of dirt, a stack of redstone blocks, a couple diamonds, and I think once I got a stack of diamonds.
For like 150g… from what I hear it was VERY rare to get any good things from them, even if they were a high tier (I think that’s what you called them).
So the second time was when you made a “council”? And you essentially tried to make a bank and get ALL 10 PEOPLE on this council to baltop, essentially breaking the gold economy. I was against this from the start, and I especially didn’t like it when you began to bribe people (especially staff I’m pretty sure) to help you out in exchange for a spot on page 2 and onward on baltop. Like… What??
(It never would’ve worked because @toccataski exists but still)

While I never appreciated the things you did on the server, I’m still going to leave a neutral rating, as you have been nicer lately. It still doesn’t reflect well that you got ipbanned, for a reason, so yeah.

2 Likes