Release map 10 early and why

This map is already over. There’s literally nothing to do other than prison break and even then there’s no one to fight. I’ll explain why I think map 10 should get released start of this summer rather than after it finishes.

I would much rather begin map 10 with half the items and get new items released every 1-2 weeks than waiting an extra half a year for all the items to be released “perfectly”.

Starting with less items won’t even be that bad. It will let everyone adapt faster so when new items are released people compete for them.

It’s the same reason shows release episodes weekly rather than all at once. People will get hooked and stay around to be the first to watch and in this case, first to get items. When you release everything at once, people get bored faster.

Not only that but if it gets released at the end of summer many people won’t be able to play as much. Many of my friends I was going to play map 10 with won’t be around much after summer due to college/school/etc, including myself.

This really is more of a personal opinion, but I’d just like to play at least a couple months. I’m sure a lot of people will disagree and if you do let me know in the replies. Only issues I see arising are more bugs, but there will always be bugs no matter what.

Maybe something like this has already been done and it failed so that’s why maps take a while to get released. Anyway that’s just my thought lmk what u think.

7 Likes

I would rather them release it later when all the items are done and tested as well as many other aspects of the game being well balanced for the release.

Releasing it quickly will lead to many issues including items being extremely overpowered, and many bugs.

9 Likes

thats crazy

4 Likes

I completely agree, if the map was released when it is finished that would be perfect, especially in the summer, in the summer there would be so much more people online and more active. Like for this map, it was released at the end of summer (basically) but when it was summer it was perfect, it was when it was at its peak, super active, when school hit a lot of people just didn’t have time to play prison anymore and it died out.

4 Likes

I think I speak for all prison players when I say we are hyped for map 10 but personally I’d rather a complete map than a map that’s isn’t fully developed, we just gotta be patient remember there are 2 people working on this map with all these unique abilities and then after they develop they gotta test every item.

I get it maps will always have bugs but in my opinion map 9 had so many items and these items had more than 1 ability if you want to make map 10 come out a lot earlier then expect a lot less than map 9 items.

If the map comes out soon we can expect a lot of bugs and people will still complain and if the map comes out a bit delayed then people will say it’s been too long but if the map comes out now and the items aren’t done and there are bugs people will still complain…?

9 Likes

But yea, it is still better to have everything planned out , already put into the game, and stuff since there are needed bug testing with items etc.

4 Likes

Good points but I’d like to point out items are never balanced when released even after being “tested”. This goes for any game you can think of, not just munchy. But I guess you’re right about wanting it to be complete so there is more things to do.

3 Likes

First of all, great post nacho! And I agree that map 10 releasing in the summer would be great. But, I don’t even think the outside world is finished, or even the map itself!!! If it was finished I would say try and push for a release by the start of July. But ofc it’s more than likely not even near being finished :sob:

Wonderful post nacho! You made some great points

4 Likes

Taking that staff denial to heart😭

3 Likes

Just being realistic xD

4 Likes

Excuse me, I want map 9-R and 9-R-R before even thinking of map 10.

6 Likes

Can I flag this reply for hurting my soul?

4 Likes

I would have said a map 9 reset instead of an early release but I didn’t think red would want to do that

1 Like

You don’t have any knowledge of how stuff is worked on for the maps, most of the coding done for each map isn’t the rares, but I really appreciate the enthusiasm about wanting Map 10 as soon as possible. Believe me, I do too, and I’m working hard to get everything and everyone involved moving to get it out as fast possible.

I’ve previously stated when it will come on the forums, which is sometime between July and September. Releasing prison earlier than that simply isn’t possible and has nothing to do with one particular aspect. Adding less rares wouldn’t meaningfully change the release date, if at all, as that is only one of like 5 or so things that are the major hurdles to getting the next map out and everything is being specifically designed to work with everything else in really cool ways. I’d also love to have it out as early as possible, and definitely want people to be able to enjoy some of their summer on Map 10 if we can.

Once we have some more stuff coded and build stuff fully ready, I’ll be first releasing multiple Sneak Peeks showing you how next map will work, some build stuff, some rares, etc. With the amount of new features added over the last 3 maps, and what we’re adding next map with how it will work, this map is going to be more epic than any other. There’s nothing I wish I could do more than snap my fingers and have everything done, but all I can do is keep working as fast as possible. :)

19 Likes

Can I kiss you? I Love you

3 Likes

Can I kiss you? I Love you

4 Likes

Prison is such a loving community

10 Likes

Here’s a rotisserie chicken, I made it just for you because you replied to this forum post I don’t really have any interest in :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

People don’t see the good side in us :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

Counterpoint (I don’t play prison):
releasing map 10 earlier and incrementally publishing new items allows them to be more balanced, not less. No amount of testing can compare to actual in-game usage, and publishing items faster allows them to be adjusted faster. Releasing them one at a time would also allow developers to fix issues one at a time, rather than being swamped by fifteen different items and trying to fix them all at the same time

3 Likes