Purgatory is the worst :d

Purgatory General Suggestions (Vurm don’t sue me o-o)

This post contains some smaller Purgatory ideas for items to be added and/or changed. This is more of a QOL idea post. All feedback is greatly appreciated!

Adventurers

For adventurers it is impossible to do anything. The last 3 hours I was giving purg a try and when I went super far out I got supplies and not 1, or 2 but 7 times my game crashed. I find purg very fun but when this happens its gets annoying for everyone. So my idea was to make it so adventurers can have certain advantages so that they wont be trolled as much. (1) Let players that aren’t banned /tp to random cords when they are in spectator mode then /adventure mode and stay where they are instead of being tped to spawn. (2) Let adventurers spawn with full leather armor in addition to the regular stone tools and some steak. (3) I don’t have a third idea cause I’m lazy to think of a new one.

Banned

As of players that are banned, I don’t have any “item” ideas but I think to improve the chances of a player being banned fairly, a staff member should check whether they were banned for hacking or if it was a false ban (if possible).

Trollers

Ideas for new trolls and some that could be altered in a good way.
(1) For the creeper noise troll, change the sound and what it does to make is more realistic because as of now it sounds super fake.
(2) Lower the cooldown to place a cake for banned players to 2/3 of what it is now.
(3) Anvil Troll: Spawn an anvil above the hacker [180 second cooldown].
(4) Flint and steal troll should actually light people instead of sending a message in chat.
(5) Spongebob Troll: Spawns a sponge under the player and all everything within 7 blocks of them will disappear into the sponge.

All feedback is appreciated!

yes im dumb and dont know how to center the words like @Vurm o-o

7 Likes

It’s been said multiple times purgatory won’t be getting any updates any time soon (Because staff rather focus on the main gamemodes, BFI has said purgatory is like the hub and event server:
Screenshot_1363

4 Likes

I agree with what @EvillRat said about purgatory, but I wanted to add

To center text, use

[center ]
text here
[/center ]
with no spaces between [ and center

4 Likes

Thanks for letting me know :D

3 Likes

wat

Almost every ban is for hacking, if someone believes they were banned unfairly they will make an appeal and if the ban was for hacking senior staff will look into anticheat logs to see if it could’ve been an error or if it was a staff member who banned them they will see if that staff member was 100% sure of the ban.

7 Likes

The thing is it takes minimum of 7 days to get unbanned which is absolutely absurd. perhaps speed that time up :O

2 Likes

I doubt the minimum is put there as an arbitrary rule; staff members are busy and the week minimum is most likely not a punishment, but rather a reflection on the amount of time it takes to process an appeal.

1 Like

There are many factors that determine how long it takes for an appeal to be answered, there is no certain minimum or maximum amount of time for it

3 Likes

Why copy? :(

/j

JOKE

In all reality, these ideas are good, but I don’t think Purgatory needs to be updated. I think that they should rather focus on the current gamemodes, not the ones for banned players.

@McDonalds made a post about this right here and why an update is not likely/possible. Additionally, it isn’t really an actual gamemode many actually play.

@EvillRat’s post will also be of good help! :slight_smile:

No >:( again joke

As aforementioned, these ideas are pretty good, but I doubt there would ever be a future update.

5 Likes

bear guy is replying

5 Likes

the whole point of /adventure is to simulate the purgatory experience without being forced to get yourself banned.

What does this… mean…?
Staff members can’t exactly do a /IsThisAFalseBan and immediately know. The correct process is to make a ban appeal, as I’m sure you know already

2 Likes

Let me give you a quick rundown of my experience with the Purgatory:

The Purgatory is not a game mode, and it is very unlikely that any changes to it (Except for game-breaking bugs) would be done to it. It is a place where one could show how much he genuinely cares about the server by completing tasks that take hours to complete to get a chance at playing Munchy again. Think of it as a physical ban appeal.

Why do I believe no changes should be added to the current purgatory? Because I genuinely don’t want players to see it as a real game mode, and I don’t want to have people spend time on there rather than the real game modes that took a long time to develop and are what Munchy is all about. I don’t feel comfortable with having a respected developer work longer on a place that is not a real game mode and should not get any attraction to it, besides being a creative idea for punishing cheaters and letting them appeal their mistakes.

As a staff member, I do my best to make sure every player I punish is actually deserving of it, and for that reason, I have not given out a false punishment in months (At least I hope so).
If a player believes they were banned unfairly, there are enough resources for them to receive an unban. I trust my fellow staff members well enough to do the same, and in the case that a false ban does occur, then said player would be unbanned immediately, and in some cases would receive a personal apology if it seems fit by the moderator that banned him.

Have a good day.

7 Likes

You too monke

1 Like

I don’t see why purgatory should be any better than it normally is. I mean, purgatory is the minimum amount of punishment you can do, because any more and it’s like a normal survival server.

The false ban item would be useful, but it can be used unproperly and it will cause the staff more time to check out if the ban was correct.

1 Like

he is not a Monke anymore ;( he’s a bear now

oopbadaboop

6 Likes
You can use the code block to not parse code.
[center]Text Here[/center]
Here's a magic trick.
2 Likes