Prison REVAMP

Prison has been through a rough patch, especially recently, and I think we can all agree on the fact that this map has been one of the worst so far. Next map should be completely revamped in nearly every possible aspect, so here is some of the reasoning:

1) Better staff - the current prison staff team, no matter how much I regret saying it on a public platform where I can easily be punished, is an absolute joke. If we take away all the bias, corruption, immaturity and inactivity we still have a complete lack of organization. It is ridiculous to think that a gamemode which reaches 100+ players is run by two people when one of them is in school all the time and the other is a youtuber/twitch streamer. Nothing is getting done, and in the rare case it does get done, it’s done extremely wrong. I’m talking about mutes, bans, ban appeals, player assistance and updates/scheduling. You should have separate teams for each major aspect of running the server because what’s going on currently clearly isn’t working.

2) Cheaters - there are so many cheaters on munchy, especially prison, that it isn’t even funny. People not only autoclick (or “double click” as you would call it), but now they started tracing and closet cheating as well (excluding the autoclick aspect of course). If you want prison to remain a potpvp based gamemode you need to start dealing with cheaters immediately. Start inspecting people who are known for tracing and for god’s sake when somebody gives you a video of the person running straight to an invis from 200 blocks away behind a wall please ban them. As far as double clicking goes with munchy’s kb and hit registration anyone who autoclicks/doubleclicks reaches the munchy skill cap. It doesn’t matter how good you are, how fast you react, how well you aim or how well you strategize, if somebody runs up on you with the cps of a chainsaw there is nothing you can do. I have nothing against people who jitter or even butterfly legit, but when you start allowing 1 physical click to register as 2 cps we have a problem. Let’s take an example of someone who clicks 20 cps constantly (by butterflying). This means they’re getting 10 cps per finger since they’re using two fingers, right? Yeah well when you count the fact that they’re double clicking you have to divide the 10 cps per finger by 2 and you end up knowing that somebody who gets 20 “clicks per second” is clicking 5 times per second with one finger. Sorry?? How exactly do you think this is ok to allow lol? Start inspecting people you suspect of cheating a lot closer and don’t let anyone get away with the slightest modification, even if it’s just adding 1 cps more than they click.

3) Money making methods - don’t have much to say here besides which method should make how much money (rankings). The following list goes with the assumption that you have the best gear possible for all methods:
#1 Mining - it is the most constant form of work and it is the activity which represents prison as itself the most.
#2 Looting - this refers to loot (money) alone. When combined with all the rares found it should be more profitable than mining considering it requires nearly the same amount of work, but there is a much larger risk of dying and losing all of your gear in mere seconds.
#3 Fishing - while it involves no risk, it is extremely boring and repetitive. You can be semi-afk while doing it, which is why it’s this low on the list.
#4 Farming - farming should be the worst method to earn income by considering the fact it is PASSIVE. Even with items you can use every few minutes to speed up the process (like groot branch), it is a semi-afk money making method at best. It should be below looting and mining at all cost, but if some new items are introduced to map 9 there is potential to make it better than fishing (with good reason, not that it’s worse than fishing right now).

2 Likes

Here Before locked and unlisted.
GG locked

2 Likes

this thread is useless. nothing u or we say will make a change cuz red only cares what staff say and what their suggestions are. ive never in my life seen him out an idea from a normal prison player. also there is no way to stop cheaters with the current staff. only way to solve all the cheaters is to get better staff but thats not gonna happen

2 Likes

actually said half of this stuff in a previous reply but it got deleted LMAO

2 Likes

It seems like you misunderstand how many staff members there are for prison. There are currently 4 admins, 3 senior mods, 2 mods, and 3 junior mods for prison (much more than the 2 you mentioned). Ignoring whether or not all staff are active or not, it isn’t up to the mods or lower to actually implement changes you want to see. Their jobs are to ban hackers, mute obnoxious/hurtful/agressive players, and help the playerbase with any questions they may have. Helpers’ job is to help the playerbase as well. The smods/admins are in charge of more of the implementation of changes and fixes for Prison. From your quote above, I don’t understand what you’d like to see changed in regards to “better staff”. The staff team is already split into different categories based on rank and there are more than 2 staff members.

I understand your frustration with hackers, as I’m sure everyone else (including staff) does. If you’d like to help with the hacker situation, record! Don’t rely on staff to always be around. They’re people just like you and I. They have lives outside of minecraft and expecting them to be online at the exact moment you run into a hacker is slim at best. Do your part as someone who’s frustrated and record/report the hacker. You seem to understand the difference between butterfly clicking and autoclicking, so put your skills to use and prove it.

There isn’t much I can say here that would sway your opinion because money making is a varied topic and depending on what you like to do, you’ll be focused on making sure it’s the easiest and most efficient. At the end of the day, what you decide should be the best money making technique and what should be the worst is down to personal preference. Personally I disagree with your idea that farming should be the worst method because it relies on chance, but you’re likely to disagree with me and I can’t change your opinion. I’m unsure what point you were trying to make with your ranking system. Do you believe it’s currently unfair/flawed? Do you think there are too many or too little items to assist with the specific money-making technique listed?

7 Likes

Screen Shot 2021-06-07 at 1.59.19 PM
How about instead of desperately trying to squeeze every ounce of cash from the game they actually work on making it fun? you’d think with all the money they make from crates they wouldnt blacklist people for no reason

The fact that they release a crate and then after everybody has bought it they add a new item to said crate is absolutely ridiculous

Are these supposed to be connected? The server making money and people being blacklisted don’t seem correlated. What do you mean by “making it more fun”? People seem to enjoy pvp, so they added PVP-based items. People like events so they added more frequent events. For those that like gambling they updated and added other gambling aspects. Can you elaborate on what else you’d like to see?

The game is constantly updating. As developers add new items, they’re going to be added to the same-themed crate. I’m not sure how you propose this is fixed or how you see this as a problem. People buy crates all of the time, not just when they first come out. If you’d like to get more items, wait before jumping the gun and buying crates.

1 Like

I can neither confirm or deny that players get blacklisted for “no reason” like you mentioned. If they believe they’ve been falsely blacklisted they’re welcome to take it up with another staff member, instead of the one who banned them. It’s also worth mentioning that you haven’t given any further input instead of “if the staff did their job right”. What does that have to do with adding crate items?

I used to be staff on prison and tend to play later in the evening due to my work schedule. I haven’t seen you either. That means nothing.

1 Like

Some things that could be done to make it more fun

Make the staff team tolerable to talk to
Admins that actually listen to the community
Admins that literally dont throw a massive tantrum when given constructive critisizm if you ask an admin to do something about this stuff theres a decent chance they will block you
New items that are actually unique
Something done about the blatant cheaters that are never banned even when staff are given concrete evidence in the form of a video.
Bug abuse isnt actually handled properly. if a player bug abuses they should be banned without notice. UNLESS THEY ARE FRIENDS WITH THE STAFF THEN THEY GET 20 CHANCES

I said and I quote “a gamemode which reaches 100+ players is RUN by two people” meaning there are two people in charge - redvelvetcake and varmetek. Smods don’t have any say in what’s going to happen as far as updates, scheduling or removing extremely serious punishments (blacklists) goes. As far as mods and jmods, I already stated that they usually try to mute only the people which they haven’t befriended, indicating extreme corruption and bias (same for banning, of course). When I said “for god’s sake when somebody gives you a video of the person running straight to an invis from 200 blocks away behind a wall please ban them.”, I said it because I have personally seen a video of someone doing this and not getting banned. Wanna know the most surprising part? They are part of the gang which has at least 5 staff members in it.

As stated above, I’ve personally experienced more than one instance in which a person was not banned no matter the proof given exclusively due to their connections to staff.
Prove what about butterflying/autoclicking? There’s nothing to prove, I simply said that normally butterfly clicking (getting 10-12 cps) should be allowed while abusing a mouse that double clicks (getting 20+ cps while butterflying) should not be allowed and it is nothing short of autoclicking.

The point of the ranking system was to (as I stated above) show my opinion on which money making method should make the most (starting with #1, lowest is #4). I provided more than enough arguments as to why each method should be worse/better than the previous/latter, but if someone has good reasoning I am willing to change my mind. They can implement this change however they want, as long as it happens, and yes it currently is extremely unfair. Farming should not be higher just because it relies on luck - that is one of the sole reasons it should be the lowest, aside from taking minimal effort.

For gods sake the meta is literally to AFK in a cell all day. Even if you were a mod at some point @featherpaw you clearly dont know what you are talking about right now.

Pvp isnt fun either because the meta is quite literally to auto click

Have you tried talking with them without the aggressive tone that you’ve portrayed in this thread? It seems like you might just be unfriendly.

If you believe an admin is actually doing these things, take it up with the staff manager. Their job is to determine if what you’re saying is true and give correction where needed. Nothing can be done unless you mention it to the proper people.

Have you given any suggestions for items? It’s hard to create entirely new features that don’t at least take inspiration from past items or effects.

Again, I can’t confirm or deny if the video was proof enough. I can say, however, that unless you yourself are recording and reporting the hackers, you won’t be able to tell if the video was proof or not either.

It sounds like you’re very heated right now and unable to have a discussion without resorting to name calling and slander, so my conversation with you is over until you have had a chance to calm down.

2 Likes

My gangmates have been blacklisted for over a year and the only person who holds the choice of unblacklisting people is coincidentally the same person who “runs” prison (as in makes all the big decisions) and who banned them - RedVelvetCake. They tried to make a ban appeal - got denied. They tried to contact him over discord - he never responds / blocked half of them. I made a forums post asking for the community’s opinion - it was locked within less than a day (even though there was no explicit content and it is perfectly valid to fit the “discussion” category). I even made a support ticket which hadn’t gotten responded to for approximately 2 months before being locked without reason. Prison is filled with filth and corruption and unless the admins both know and like you there is nothing you can do and nobody you can complain to.

1 Like

If this is the case, it is very frustrating and the only thing I can suggest is to request that another staff member take a look at the video and explain why it isn’t considered proof. From my experience, staff members want to be helpful and will gladly explain why your video was or wasn’t enough evidence for a ban. I apologize for my misunderstanding of your statement regarding the server being run by 2 people. You’re correct, there should be sub-teams. However, it’s important to be wary of too many cooks in the kitchen. Having one person in control of almost all aspects of a server is honestly just simpler because it results in less stepping on toes.

it seems like your problem may be with either one or a small handful of staff members that you believe to be biased or abusing their powers and not banning their friends. If this is the case, I suggest bringing it up to the staff manager. Their job is to specifically manage the staff team and they may be able to help you. otherwise, there isn’t much you can do besides continuing to monitor the hacker and record more evidence.

I completely agree with you. There should be a separation of power. Server managers should not have total say over appeals for their servers, for fear of being accused of being biased. I believe having a ban manager may help to alleviate this problem. What are your thoughts, @Antfrost?

1 Like

How to lock the post in 3 seconds

Thank you for having an open mind and understanding.

4 Likes

Thank you for willing to also listen and have an open mind. We both want the best for prison. Having a normal discussion is the first step. I’m glad you made this post ^-^

3 Likes

Sorry for my general frustration with you, one of my friends was also blacklisted and the staff dont care about appeals

1 Like

I understand. And I apologize for being curt with you. I know how frustrating it can be to feel neglected on a server you like to play. I’m hoping that through this thread some changes can be made to either better inform the playerbase about what’s going on in the staff team or to improve the player experience as a whole.

1 Like

cant believe u guys still waste hours of your time making paragraphs on something that no one will listen to you guys about 2086 u have made atleast 15 of these posts lol u shouldve learnt ur lesson red doesnt listen to anyone he does what he wants

1 Like