[Opinion] The slowness at the end of a dash makes it unviable

You slow down at the end of dashing as dash, giving others time to catch up to you and makes dashing into a fight a bad idea. the main seller of dash is that you can control whether you want to fight someone or not with direct impunity, but if dashing into a fight lets people combo you and dashing out of a fight makes you slow down and lets other people get close enough to use anti-getaway mechanics like fisherman’s rod, their own movement tools, and more, then dash isn’t good at either of the things it’s supposed to do. using dash to circle strafe despite requiring tremendous skill is unrewarding, four hit combo and let your opponent combo you back after. i love dash as a kit- jumping over rivers, dashing in and out of fights, doing all of the things i just mentioned, but the fact that it has ~63% armor resistance and 9.25 attack damage makes it not worth it with the slowness. dash needs a buff

1 Like

Dash is good right now. you can run away from almost any kit and catch up to people. Maybe a slight buff like 1 protection level

1 Like

I dont agree

Why not? considering you’re a skilled player i’m confused as to why you think this

him being a skilled player shows why shows why its ok

Well, considering you can scale half the map with Dash’s ability, it seems only fair that there should be a slight holdback.

3 Likes

Wanted to use Dash on Free Kit Friday, but didn’t get on time.
1Bow Kit Reviews! (Part 4) shows what Dash has, so I believe, you complain about slowness 1 as being normal speed, because speed 1 and slowness 1 nullify each other.
I believe, 63% damage reduction is better than PVP with it’s 54% damage reduction, but of course has less damage on the sword.
The only kits you might write about Dash being comboed by is Ninja.

That’s an outdated review. Dash was nerfed and doesn’t have Speed 1 anymore.

Yes, that’s why I wanted to do it on Friday.

I beLieVe sOmEbOODy is tellIng mE to upDate my reviews.

ok ok. I’ll get to it soon. GoSH

SUPER SORRY FOR NECRO, WAS ON HIATUS

but basically you can outspeed dash as archer and that’s pathetic. dash should either get speed 1 back, or get it’s speed buff for longer, or remove the slowness. right now there’s no point in picking dash over fisherman or any other kits that have the ability to control if they fight others or not because you lose the utility of chasing with dash and escaping with dash against long range/mobile kits which defeat the point of the kit itself.

If you knew it was necro don’t do it

1 Like

Yes, please don’t necro-post. :slight_smile:

i know, just wanted to continue the original discussion because it still seems relevent

1 Like

Very true from my recollection as an ex forum moderator necro bumping a topic with relevant contributing information is fine. Don’t necro bump posts that have been resolved, something that was just a chatting thread, or something of similar stature. I feel like if this is still a viable issue you should continued this topic to avoid losing valuable input from the other people.

1 Like

2-3 months ago, people held a thread alive by adding some random comments not relevant to the discussion for almost 2 months.

Like your doing right now? In all seriousness surprised forum mods didn’t lock that. His reply was relevant. Not going to reply more to this thread so we don’t do the same after this.

The thing is with dash you can almost outrun everyone. For example I was chasing a dash as a hornet and could never catch them. I feel like most kits cant really catch up to dash with the 7s cooldown. Feel free to change my mind though.

see, the issue here is that you were hornet and hornet has massive cooldown issues. you can chase down a dash with archer. ARCHER

And if you can do it with archer you can do it with ninja, rider(maybe),bomberman, fish(in water), and phantom.