1Bow Kit Reviews! (Part 4)

Sorry for this one being late, been busy with other things!

Dash (full red leather with protection IV on top half protection III on bottom half and all pieces with unbreaking 30. Sharpness I diamond sword and passive speed I. Gain sugar when right clicked gives a very high level speed for .5 seconds.)Tier 2

Dash used to be a very lame kit due to it having only protection II leather. The kit took a whole lot of damage and the armor also broke really quickly. With it receiving not only a durability buff, but also a resistance buff, dash is now doing pretty nicely in Munchy. It is able to unleash its full combo potential with it utilizing speed I to the advantage, as well as using its high level protection to mitigate damage over time, which can lead to some very aggressive outburst of combos. This is one of the few kits where even something as small as a sharpness I diamond sword can be feared by most kits. Not only this, but with its sugar boost, it can also either run away quickly to do /repair if needed, or to catch up to a kit like archer, thus making it a much more effective kit to use to kill range kits. Generally, sustain or stabilizing kits like tank and slingshot do pretty well against dash, and other combo heavy kits can also prove to be good against dash too. While the power in dash is recognizable, it is still just a bit shy of being tier 1.

Dwarf (Black leather cap and boots with protection III unbreaking 30, and has an iron chestplate & iron legs. Diamond sword with strength I. Has an active ability of when crouched for a certain amount of time to repel opponents away from the kit with a 15 second cooldown.)Tier 3

With this kit using leather cap and boots, this kit is stated to be an aggressive kit, which is do-able. The problem it runs into is that the ability is more sustaining then it is aggressive. One shots normally aren’t feasible with this kit, as there are many counters to it, as well as it getting outclassed by Shrek. One important thing to note is that the armor is technically better than PvP, with it having a little extra resistance, however that resistance is short lived, as the leather will eventually break. The power level of the sword is above average, making for a mediocre kit in nature, but still playable. The ability may sound good on paper, but really sucks in actual practice, as not only are u hindering yourself by crouching in combat for an extended period, but sometimes the ability doesn’t go to full power, or there are safe havens for someone to land (i.e upper ground or water). Essentially, this is a much weaker PvP kit, but it is still playable.

Shrek (Green leather cap and tunic with protection III unbreaking 30 and iron legs & boots. Sharp I diamond sword. Gain a slime block which allows you to pick up and throw targets. Passively, you are immune to any projectiles and while holding the slime block, you also gain jump boost V.)Tier 4

This is a very weak kit in terms of actual PvP. The armor is stated very aggressively with having a leather tunic, but the sword is too weak to see any aggression. Under normal circumstances, this kit would be very similar to Vampire’s tier rating. The only thing that sets Shrek apart is that it is a “Hate Kit”. This kit is used to directly counter kits, most notably, range kits as well as fish. One problem is that it will face resistance against kits like crossbow, due to its high level of protection. This kit is most notably used to counter archer, or to throw people off cliff side edges for fast kills. It also prevents switcher from being able to switch, but switcher will actually win based off stats alone. This kit has only few uses, and therefor only will barely be tier 4. This is however, a very fun kit to play around with as well as a troll kit.

Switcher (Full suit of iron except for purple leather cap with protection III unbreaking 30. Diamond sword with strength I. Gains 16 snowballs that switches the current position with whoever is hit. Gain 2 snowballs on any kill you get using your sword.)Tier 3

Switcher relies mostly on getting value out of its snowballs using the environment. Sometimes, this kit can even use ledges to the advantage at the chance at a one shot kill. This is a high risk, high reward idea and can be useful to grab some fast tokens. It is somewhat mediocre to PvP in terms of resistance and damage, but can be very useful if u master jumping over lava pools and switching right before u hit the lava. This maneuver can become high potential for big burst damage. For beginners, I recommend staying by water and switching with people on land to help build combos and understand how this kit works.

Glider (Orange leather cap and boots with protection III as well as iron chestplate and iron leggings. Sharpness I diamond sword. Ability to use an ender pearl to ride a great distance. Press shift to cancel the flight.)Tier 4

Glider is unfortunately outclassed in both ability and stats. Dwarf has a much more powerful sword with no run away ability, but generally sword damage will almost always be better than an escape mechanic. This is because if you need to escape, that means you are not doing well in the fight and need to leave before dying. Glider, similar to dwarf, is stated like an aggressive kit, but unlike dwarf, it only has a sharpness I diamond sword, thus being below average damage for aggression. Without any other status effects, this kit becomes very slow at dealing damage, and falls short of combos. The run away mechanic is also outclassed by dash’s dash ability, Rider’s horse, and (sometimes) falcon’s flight. The only reason this kit isn’t tier 5 is because the armor is much better than groundhogs and it can sometimes go extended periods in combat, though this happens quite rarely.

Jester (Yellow leather cap, red leather tunic with protection IV unbreaking 30 as well as blue leather pants and black leather boots with protection III unbreaking 30. Sharpness I diamond sword with Haste III. Diamond hoe with 4 different abilities that messes with the opponent all with varying cooldowns (see [Guide] KitPvP Kits for more information, credit to CatTech for making the post).Tier 3

Jester is an interesting style combo kit that messes with the opponent to gain the upper hand. This can deliver extra combos as well as interrupt opponent combos. With increase protection and durability from the recent changes to jester, this kit can now be much more aggressive than it was back then. This kit see’s some play, but can be quite difficult to master, as it can be seen as a “weaker” dash. While it isn’t completely outclassed by dash, speed I tends to be a whole lot better than haste III, as haste serves no real purpose in combat PvP. This can be seen as a special “fishing rod” that jester gets that not only interrupts the opponent and can deal knockback, but also messes with the hotbar, or can be a perfect lineup for a long sustained combo. In the eyes of a beginner however, you will probably be better off going with a kit like fisherman.

Part 5 will be the final review for the kits for the time being! Have any questions or want to raise some points to me? Post in the comments below!

5 Likes

Call dash lame again and I’ll drop you 3Bow >:(

Said it used to be lame, didn’t call it lame now and yes protection II red leather is pretty lame. :wink:

1 Like

For me, Switcher is Tier 2, because my sniping abilities with the snowball can say DANGER! pretty well.
I also get targeted for sniping…
(This all of course happened 3 months ago)

1 Like