MunchyMC Prison Texturepack [Map 9] 1.0 Release

Remember me? Since mid 2022 i have been working on a minecraft resourcepack that adds textures to many of the prison-exclusive items. Today is finally the day to open it publicly.
Introducing the 1.0 release for the MunchyMC Prison Pack!
(featuring my drawings of the prison hub npc i am obsessed)

HOW TO USE IT

1. join the discord server below
  2. go to the pack-releases channel
  3. download the most recent version
  4. open your archive explorer on downloads, and open minecraft
  5. in minecraft, go to options > resource packs > open pack folder
  6. it’ll open another instance of the archive explorer
  7. drag the downloaded pack to the resourcepacks folder
  8. go back to minecraft and put it in the selected packs
  9. press done, and it will load

WHAT DOES THE PACK OFFER?
Here are all the textures the pack currently contains:

• Icons for the hub server selection compass
  • All refined drugs
  • All leaf drops from park
  • 23 Semi items
  • 12 Epic items
  • 2 Ultra items
  • 1 Legendary item
  • 1 Mythical item
  • 6 Special-Halloween items
  • 1 Special-Valentines item
  • 10 other items without rarity
  • 4 armor models (guard, netherite guard, robin and puss boots)

Also i aim to make every texture distinct and iconic, mainly for easy recognition (and also cause it tickles my brain)
Below is a display of the items i mentioned above except for the armor model

WHAT’S NEXT?
My plan is to continue making more textures and posting another version every 1-2months or so (no promises on the deadline seeing as how that’s gone in the past haha)
For version 1.1, i’m hoping to make textures for all the rank armor sets (ex. brute, mafia) and i already started with savage >:) check it out

Not sure if i’m gonna be able to make much else other than that because my average production speed is 10 textures per month and i’d have to make 16 textures and 4 armor models (to be fair i did take a break for a few months so the texture/month is kind of innacurate but u get the point)
I’d also want to revamp the event passes cause there’s some that are missing but ig we’ll see if that’ll be possible

THANKS FOR READING!
This is honestly the biggest project i’ve ever worked on and i’m so glad it’s finally going somewhere. I hope you all enjoy it!
Below i’ll be putting a link to a discord server where you can download the resourcepack. I’ll also be posting sneak peeks, and you can discuss about the pack or report errors (i’ve been told that’s allowed in my previous post). Hopefully i set it up correctly and it doesn’t break in two seconds lmao

And lastly, have a great day :D

22 Likes

This looks freakin awesome, fantastic job!

3 Likes

I FORGOT TO SAY THIS you need optifine for the pack to work because that’s how the textures work they use cit format which is from optifine (it’d be literally impossible in vanilla to make this work)

3 Likes

This is so cool!

3 Likes

Ayo that’s lit! Amazing job :fire:

3 Likes

this is awesome vmufinn! i love the dedication

the prison npc drawings are fire :fire::fire:

3 Likes

Thats a pretty fire texture pack!! good job!! please make more :heart_hands:

3 Likes

Impressive

3 Likes

Oh, NICE!

3 Likes

Nice Texture Pack, Looks Very Nice!

3 Likes

This is very cool! I hope people are going to use it!

8 Likes

Wow nice texture pack! Good work!

2 Likes

1 Like

I’ll download it if @Napkin0fVembz says I can since he controls me

1 Like

red says it isnt allowed. we tried this and he disallowed it… too much of an advantage… why is @TheRedVelvetCake not disallowing it here…

1 Like

the pack doesn’t touch on particles, and also there’s no enchantment level indicator, the closest thing is diamond armor sets (guard, thug, savage, brute, mafia) having a netherite texture that’s slightly different

actually i’ve just realized that the rank sets (which i was planning on adding in version 1.1) are a protection upgrade from one to the other. if that’s what you mean for them each having a separate texture then idk it would be really sad if this pack got banned for that

changing the colour for each ranked armour is an enchant level indicator :3

2 Likes

that’s what i said right after
i didn’t know this rule existed and if i’m gonna be honest i don’t think it makes much sense, then again i don’t pvp because i’m bad at it and it might take away the fear of fighting someone for not knowing the power of their gear
i’d like to know what will happen to the texturepack. if i have to remove it then it is what it is, but i think it’s a missed opportunity as it could make prison fresh again for players that get bored

our same reaction when he made it disallowed after we started doing it. lol. so im just enforcing rules that have been enforced on us for years, so its fair yk? no biased rule making against us innit