[Poll] Prison Texture Pack

Prison poll time~

So basically, I would want to hear you guys opinions about prison potentially having a texture pack. To give out a small idea of what things could be looking like, you can check out this wonderful post from @vmufinn!

Note: The texture pack is clearly not gonna be a game-changing feature, it’s just re texturing the items so that they appear exactly like what they are. It’s purely optional and it doesn’t give any unfair advantages. People are allowed to use it and not to use it.

Note2: This poll doesn’t mean that prison is gonna get a texture pack nor it’s likely to get one. This is just feedbacks that I’d love to see and potentially hear out why people would want a texture pack and why some other wouldn’t.

Update: Consider reading this! I also added a poll to see if people would be likely to use the pack or not.

Would you like to see an official texture pack on prison?
  • Yes
  • No
  • I do not mind

0 voters

Would you use the ressource pack?
  • For everything besides PVP
  • Not at all

0 voters

8 Likes

I feel like a lot of players would probably choose not to use it, some people absolutely would!
And as long as it’s optional with no advantages, I don’t think it would be a bad thing because everyone could just decide for themselves whether or not they are going to use it.

6 Likes

I like the idea of a prison texture pack but I don’t think everyone would be using it, people who PVP will still use their own texture packs for pvp optimization but I think some people would use it. If they do make it, make it optional.

3 Likes

Don’t worry, the texture pack isn’t meant to be enforced. Just something to maybe make your play style a bit fancier. :) It’s 100% optional!

3 Likes

2 Likes

I get that rule! And I really believe it’s something that could be potentially removed (for the armour indicator thingy) unless they just change the gear of the in-game ranks (I am not managing Prison… I can only suggest stuff and expect them to solve the issue)

If the idea of a texture pack fails because of this, I’d love to hear out @RedVelvetCake’s take. Maybe he could eventually consider a change!

1 Like

Would be a bunch of bull as we have had to abide by this rule for years and now its being changed because some poll was made about a texture pack.

2 Likes

I think the idea of a prison texture pack is really awesome. However if barely anyone uses the texture pack then I wouldn’t see a point in adding it. Idea is still awesome though!

3 Likes

At least that change will offer more possibilities for prison texture packs if you’re aiming to make one for yourself! It’s sad that it was and still currently is prohibited.

1 Like

I would not say barely anyone will use it because as long as some finds some interests onto it and acknowledge it’s a great idea, I don’t think the texture pack idea should go unnoticed. It’s optional. People are indeed fine looking for prison texture packs outside but something official would spare time for people looking and looking/having to go outside Munchy whereas there’s already something in Munchy!

3 Likes

I agree it should definitely not go unnoticed. I am just assuming it would be barely used. When it comes to survival if you do not use the texture pack you are missing out on custom pets, bosses ,accessories, etc. compared to not using the prison texture pack you would just miss out on a few textures to make your game look better. I would like to clarify I still think a pris texture pack would be awesome and have nothing against the idea.

2 Likes

Fair enough!

Adding more to the idea of the texture pack, it would have to follow one rule mentioned by @Napkin0fVembz since it will affect the pvp aspect on prison. Meaning the mafia, savage sets etc would most likely have to wear the same exact texture.

3 Likes

scop is replying

3 Likes

Ima just say no xD

1. Having a texture pack could maybe mess up pvp and if something like armor has a custom design, it could probably mess up the hitboxes

2. I know survival did something similar to this, and I remember it just causing lag to the user instead of doing anything that crazy

3. People already use texture packs!!! I’ve seen so many prison players use all types of insane and fun looking texture packs, and I would hate for that to get messed up just so prison can have its own custom texture pack that spawns in dragons or something

Anyways, really just let the prison community decide if they want a texture pack instead of the entire munchy community

7 Likes

How? The pvp armour aspect has already been addressed. Plus, it’s just a re texturing and it doesn’t impact the hit box at all. At most, it will look weird to pvp with it and on top of that, most people aren’t likely to use it for pvp because they have their own.

Re texturing? I am not speaking about pets and boss models at all and I hope you’re acknowledging this. This texture pack won’t do anything more than just changing a texture. Every texture pack somewhat causes lag and the texture can be made simpler if it helps…

There are not a lot of re textured items (butterfly net, carrot drill, easter nightmare, egg launcher… I don’t even think there’s more than 10 items that got their textures edited. I am not implying mobs by the way because I’m not speaking about that edit.

That’s not a valid reason? Having people use other packs doesn’t mean one pack to be officially made shouldn’t take place. It’s all about what the player wants. If one pack fits better the overall aspect of prison, people will use it. If one pack makes pvp look better, people will use it. Adding one pack that is totally optional is no near close to have a game-breaking impact over the game mode.

I’m talking about items textures, not remodelling mobs.

• I used the prison category tag.
• The post has the word Prison as a title.
• I explicitly said it was a prison poll…

Again, this isn’t something that is likely to come or even being thought of. And I specified that when I made this poll… if you main prison, please reply and provide feedbacks as to why you would want or not to see an official texture pack. Besides, I don’t 100% main prison but doesn’t mean my opinions aren’t valuable as to some people can agree with me for some points…

But thanks for the reply, Scop! I know how devoted you are and it’s great to see your point of view! :innocent:

3 Likes

Skeppy Is NOT real :rage::rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::interrobang::interrobang:

2 Likes

I completely respect that you are trying to push for a better prison gamemode and trying to impliment new ideas, but yesterday there was a post saying that “We want map 10 sooner!” If they decide to make an offical texture pack why would they waste their time making a offical texture pack just for not be mandatory, also it would delay development because every update Red & Varm need to coordinate with the person making the texture packs.

Think of it behind the scenes, not just as a player.

3 Likes

I agree with my biological father aka firegamer

Also, whats the point of having a custom texture pack if most arent even gonna use it?!? Its simply just a waste of energy that could be spent on doing stuff like balancing items, building the map, and creating new ideas for the next map!

2 Likes

Aaaa was asleep! I’ll proceed my answers.

@TheFireGamer210 I get that the prison maps are way more important than a texture pack and I totally agree with that. But for the pack to be made, I would rather have someone else that does it well while leaving Red and Varm working on the map. (have you seen the pack from @vmufinn??? :sob: I love it and I am sure some others also do love the art style) It can be something done while they get the map ready as fast as possible, it can even be pushed to the public before the texture pack, which should/could come some short time after!

@Scop211 It will always be like that. Some people will use the pack, some won’t. According to the poll I’ve made, there is at least 8 people that would use it — I believe it’s not something to neglect —, also don’t forget the newcomers that will join and welcomed with a proposition to use the pack which will increase the amount of people using it. Also, again and I want it to be clear, it’s really really optional and it can vary from your preferences. :smile:

2 Likes

E

Also, even if you do hire someone like @vmufinn you realize that it takes time to make these models. And like I kinda said already, THAT’ll TAKE RESOURCES THAT COULD GO INTO MAKING NEXT MAP EVEN BETTER!!! I really think a texture pack is cool, but not for prison.

This is my final reply.

4 Likes