MunchyMC Newsletter - September 2021

banner

MunchyMC Newsletter: Edition 44 - September 2021

Hello Munchies!
I would like to apologize on behalf of the entire team for the delay this month. Every single one of us has been super busy and we have struggled with putting together the September newsletter for you. So please forgive us for this mini edition. There haven’t been particularly many changes or events anyway, and we will catch up on everything we have missed in the next month!

Staff Team

Promotions

Sript - Sript has been promoted to KitPvP Moderator!

Junior Moderator

262ms - 262ms has been promoted to KitPvP Junior Moderator!
HELIXED - HELIXED has been promoted to KitPvP Junior Moderator!

Event Team

SizzleBurger - SizzleBurger has joined the KitPvP Event Team!

Staff Member of the Month

I would like to remind all of you to submit suggestions as to who should be the next month’s nominee by sending me a dm. I will take all messages into consideration when choosing the next Staff Member of the Month! Take this as an opportunity to point out the people you think are underappreciated or did something remarkable recently. Thank you!

Now, let’s go into this month’s nomination!

Sript

I haven’t been active enough during this month to fairly pick a winner for this award myself. Therefore, I have surveyed the rest of the senior staff team for their opinions. The most common nominee was our kitpvp moderator @Sript for his outstanding activity and professional work as a staff member.

A list of all the past Staff Members of the Month can be found here.

–|~News!~|–

Wool Wars Highlights!

“I love wool and warring, I guess” - Ghandi

Welcome everyone to the superior gamemode that somehow always ends up being last in the newsletter(yes, sg doesn’t count. Fight me). We have a lot to cover, so lets get started!

Finally the update is done omg

After over a month of non stop woolwars playing, all three kits have been released! Let’s go over them.

Spy

Spy kit allows you to become invisible for a short period of time! Use it for sneaky ambushes, or just have fun watching your enemies rip their hair out while looking for you.

Angel

Angel kit allows you to survive your first death! Use your ability to fly away to safety (or respawn right next to a full diamond player and get two tapped like I always do).

Copycat

When you kill an enemy while using copycat kit, you gain all their abilites! This kit allows you switch between several playstyles in one game.

Woolwars nostalgia wave

What have we all been doing for the past year? Playing woolwars? Writing school essays? Eating? I don’t know about you, but I do know what solus was doing.

Starting in August of 2020, @SolusContinuum (cute) took a screenshot of the woolwars leaderboard (sweaty) every Sunday. For 52 straight weeks, he recorded the stats for every leaderboard category. After an entire year of this, he compiled all the data into a timeline and published it to everyone. The dedication and patience to pull this off was insane. Check out his forum post here.

WOOLYMIPCS!!!!!

Woolympics has begun! With over 40 players split into 11 teams, this event promises to be as fun as ever! Matches start this Friday, so get ready for some action. Be sure to thank the fabulous Beanep and the wonderful ZeePog for their hard work as hosts!

Want to join in on the fun? Join the official woolwars event discord here.

An image to go down in history

Monke McDonalds may be gone, but watching two people lovingly kiss in minecraft will never get old. This month’s newsletter had several submissions dripping with passion. Out of all five photos, one stands out the most.

Ozz kiss
Watch intensely as @JamieDactyl and @iOzz get cozy in a flower :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: .Can’t you feel the love?

Want to get featured in the next newsletter? Dm me your most affectionate kisses at Zombie#4847 and I’ll select the best one to be included in next month’s issue!

That’s all for woolwars this month! Ya’ll are an amazing group of people, and I can’t wait to see what the community does next!

Written by Zombiebot1.

Halloween tags

As a little treat to make up for the short newsletter, let me introduce the 2021 Halloween tags! We have 3 brand new tags for you guys and we are also celebrating the return of your 3 favourite Halloween tags.

d10e28c3bc6b55a5d2248bb26b67b2c6b2149d38.png

0f1fbfdf4556a3828e26143e1cf8d62c5e96a4f9.png

04b02d7793c0104fac88e27eccf57a8a14fb214e.png

Let’s take a look at what’s new:

devil

grave

In addition to these spicy new tags, we will also have 2 Halloween tag events!

Trick-or-Treating

Who buys their Halloween Candy themselves? Exactly, no one.
Therefore, we will bring back our tag sharing system for this spooky season, but with a twist. When buying a tag for yourself, you can also give your friend a copy of the same tag. However, every player can only buy exactly one of the tags for themselves. If you want to have more than just one Halloween tag, you will need to go “trick-or-treating” and strike deals with your friends to collect them all!

Halloween "costume" party

Changing skins is easy and boring. To fully embrace Halloween, even on the forums, we will host a name change “costume party” instead. Anyone who has a Halloween themed username on the 31st of October will get one Halloween tag for free. To claim the tag, simply change your Minecraft name and comment down below which of the tags you would like.

PS: To update your name on the forums, log out of your account and log back in

The tags will release some time this weekend.

Newsletter News

As you may have noticed, @ZombieBot1 has joined our team this month. If you would like to join the newsletter team as well and write monthly articles for the MunchyMC community, shoot me a message on the forums. In your message, please answer the following questions:

• How long have you been speaking English for?
  • Do you have any writing experience? (Not required, but definitely a big plus)
  • What gamemodes are you active on?

And that is all for this month!

See you next month for a bigger newsletter with lots of Halloween related updates and news!

36 Likes

@Sript and crypt fr carrying KitPvP

4 Likes

halowen tag

2 Likes

lets go champ

3 Likes

LETS GO SRIPT

5 Likes

WHAT?

7 Likes

great newsletter as always! :ghost:

3 Likes

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO @Sript LETS GOO!
Amazing newsletter as always!

3 Likes

epic newsletter as always :sunglasses:

also GEEGEE SRIPTPTPTP

gib BOO! tag :eyes:

3 Likes

Gg sript and let’s go newsletter

3 Likes

:clap: GOOD STUFF SRIPT :clap:

Tags also look great this year :scream:

3 Likes

Hi I am Mystab731, please give Boo tag :ghost: :jack_o_lantern:

2 Likes

Depressing month is over. itsa spooky month now!

3 Likes

wait who is this guys I was not told I am being replaced help

9 Likes

no simp september

edit: zombie robot is a good replacement for mickey deez not gonna lie

4 Likes

LETS GO SRIPT!!!
HECK YEA!
Amazing Newsletter like always btw <3

2 Likes

This is news to me as well

1 Like