MunchyMC Newsletter - May 2022

banner

MunchyMC Newsletter: Edition 52 - May 2022

Hello my fellow munch lovers. Welcome back to the 52nd edition of the MUNCHYMC®™ official newsletter! I’ll bet you want to read it. I sure would want to read it if I were you. Hey, you’re even reading right it now! Look at you go! Now go read the rest :)

- ZombieBot1

Staff Team

Promotions

Developer

RossRao - RossRao has been promoted to Developer!

Junior Moderator

TbhJosephine - TbhJosephine has been promoted to KitPvP Junior Moderator!

Helper

AiadevaIsCool - AiadevaIsCool has been promoted to KitPvP Helper!

Build Team

_Zorincian - _Zorincian has joined the Build Team!

Event Server

Aiadeva - Aiadeva has been promoted to Event Moderator!
Alkemystix - Alkemystix has been promoted to Event Moderator!
ZombieBot1 - ZombieBot1 has been promoted to Event Moderator!
thecolorblurple - thecolorblurple has joined the Co-Host Team!
theskopieyouhate - theskopieyouhate has joined the Co-Host Team!
Oracol - Oracol has joined the Co-Host Team!
Repuffin - Repuffin has joined the Co-Host Team!
Parasitz - Parasitz has joined the Co-Host Team!

Written by DutchMTC.

–|~News!~|–

Global Highlights 1

Event Server Museum Additions

We’ve had a few new additions to the Event server Museum this month! Head to the Event server and take a look at some of these stunning maps:

Click Here

Co-Host Applications

This month the Event server managers opened the first ever Co-Host team applications! The season lasted a grand total of 5 days, and it ended with 5 new Co-Hosts being recruited.

Applicant count: 35

Sibling Tag Bundle

cheater_ was bribed with diamonds to add these tags.

hmm…

Click here to purchase these tags for yourself and your virtual sibling.

Pride Tags

To celebrate Pride Month, Munchy has release two Pride tags to the store and you will be able to claim one of them for FREE until the end of June! Click here to head to the store and claim one of these tags:

c8c220df6a616b43ca846c08fefe503c5748eeca.png
ccd373ca95685c654fa408a04963107fdfcbf478.png

Written by Atterax.

KitPvP Highlights 4

The Crown Event!

That’s right Kings & Queens & Everything in between!
We have something exciting that we have been working on lately together with BadBoyHalo that will find it’s way to KitPvP soon!

Say hello to The Crown Event!

The Crown Event is a 30 day long juggernaut type event with over $800+ in prizes!
The players with the most points at the end of the month will win the event!

More info about the event can be found HERE!

Written by DutchMTC.

Prison Highlights 1

Leaderboards

We’d like to remind all of you that the players on top of the following leaderboards by the end of the map will have a powerful item named after them in map 9. So you better start grinding to catch up or to defend your spot!

:crown: Top Ranked :crown:

#1 - Napkin0fVembz - (XIX)(B1)
#2 - Chance1337 - (XVIII)(B3)
#3 - liambgames - (XVII)(A1)
#4 - PilarSage260320 - (XVII)(D3)
#5 - Wu_Knows - (XV)(A4)

:global: Most Ultras Looted :global:

#1 - TSUTT_ - 2,245
#2 - liambgames - 1,506
#3 - Joedaboss - 1,214
#4 - DrSnoty - 913
#5 - Basmala - 746

Varmetek Interview about Map 9

We have acknowledged that some of you are dying to learn more about the behind-the-scenes development process of Map 9. In order to shine some light on this, we have asked our lovely prison lead developer @Varmetek all your questions about what he has been up to:

Click here to read the full interview!
Written by cheater.

Survival Highlights 3

Hiii folks! Welcome to May’s Survival section of the Newsletter! Some exciting events happened this month, including the 1 Year anniversary of Season 3! Let’s jump right into it!

I. Spring Crates !

This month introduced the amazing new Spring Crates! The items within these crates are just amazing, thank you to the wonderful dev(s) who worked on them! :partying_face: You can find more info on these items here!

You can find the link to buy these keys here!

II. Accessories !

The new amazing accessories have landed in Survival! These amazing models were all made by the outstanding @DragonsMaker, so amazing thanks to him! They’re absolutely stunning.

Accessories can be bought from the shopkeeper, Kevin, in spawn near the crates! The accessories can be bought using CosmiCoins, which can be found on the MunchyMC store!

To find out more about these accessories, click this and this link, and to buy CosmiCoins, click this link!

III. Anniversary Events!

This May the 14th marked the one year anniversary of season three of Survival! Now that’s a hecking long long time, thank you all, players and staff members for such an amazing year! Lets hope for many more!

Now, lets get into the anniversary events! This month, @Aiadeva hosted some events for the anniversary, lets check out the winners!

Red Light Green Light Parkour

:1st_place_medal: First Place
CharlieWK

:2nd_place_medal: Second Place
DutchMTC

:3rd_place_medal: Third Place
Sript + Pingu_God

Murder Labyrinth

MrBanana_804

Ranbloo_

flashrbloks

Boat Hockey

Winners
amy2017, DutchMTC, PigeonGoesMoo

Survival Trivia

Pingu_God

DutchMTC

CharlieWK

Congrats to all the amazing winners to this event, and congrats to Survival for 1 Year of Season Three!

IV. Pride Month Skin Competition!

This month, the all new Pride Month Skin Comp was announced! This event celebrates those who are LGBT+ within our community, while allowing people to show off their amazing colours!

This event will be hosted on the 18th of June @ 7pm BST, so make sure to be there in your most prideful skins!

The skin competition will be judged by the amazing @DutchMTC, the outstanding @Aiadeva, the wonderful @LunaInSpace and the mediocre @infernalfae!

Lets check out the prizes, shall we?

5x Crate Key
1x EXCLUSIVE Pride Flag Trophy

3x Crate Key
1x EXCLUSIVE Pride Flag Trophy

1x Crate Key
1x Exclusive Pride Flag Trophy

For more information on this event, please check out this link!

V. [RESULTS] Movie Build Comp!

The Movie Build Competition came to a close this month! Lets check out the winners and their prizes!

:1st_place_medal: Hatter’s Tea Party
Built by: drgnfruits, Severtrim, Vicvi28
They won:
1 Month VIP++ Rank
Exclusive Coloured Glow Effect (of your choice)
15 Spring Keys

Hatter's Tea Party

:2nd_place_medal: Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Built by: Tarteris, Pingu_God, pillowowo
They won:
1 Month VIP+ Rank
10 Spring Keys

Somewhere Over The Rainbow

:3rd_place_medal: Infested Highway
Built by: _Zorincan
They won:
8 Spring Keys

Infested Highway

Congratulations to all the winners, and a massive thank you to everyone who participated! All your builds were amazing <3

VI. I need your help!

Hey guys! I’m trying to decide the theme for a newww mapart comp! Please vote on the link below for your favourite theme, and it will help immensely in my decision going forward, ily surv!

VII. Ibby Section (as requested by Ibby)

Welcome to the all new Ibby section of the Survival section of the Newsletter! For the first edition of the Ibby Section of the Survival section in the Newsletter, Ibby wanted to show off the basement where she keeps all the Survival staff! (Please help us)

Staff Basement

(image by EvillRat)

And that’s it folks! Thank you all for reading this months Survival section of the Newsletter! Once again, happy anniversary for one entire year of Survival S3! It feels like only yesterday we were allowed to destroy S2 spawn, and then were promptly kicked out of the server for the reset :cry: Here’s to many more years of Survival!

Written by infernalfae.

WoolWars Highlights 1
Hello everyone. It’s time. Time for what? Time for you to get a new wAtch HAHAHAHUSHSHDASDHASFHSIDHFISDH :joy: :rofl: :weary: :joy:

That’s what we call a ‘warm-up joke’ here in Newsletter Editor Land (also known as Cheater’s basement). Now that I have all of your full attention, let’s get into this months edition :crazy_face:

Wool-Wars, more like COOL-wars! (Because quests are so cool) (real)

What are your plans this summer? Maybe you’re be relaxing, resting from the difficult school year. Others are working, earning money for themselves and their families. Some have finished high school forever, and are planning their future ahead. Will you choose college? Work? Marriage? Something else? These years are the launchpad for your future, and you’re going so spend them well.

JUST KIDDING INSTEAD YOU’RE GOING TO SPEND ALL SUMMER DOING WOOLWARS QUESTS LMFAOOOOO :star_struck: :partying_face: YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE DONE GRINDING AFTER CHALLENGE MODE?? HAAHAHA yeah so Woolwars had a new update and now we have quests. What are quests? I’m glad you asked (not really I actually hate explaining this)

Quests are different challenges or milestones that you can complete. There are three types of quests, each with a specific amount of time for completing them. Daily quests refresh every day, weekly quests refresh every week, and lifetime requests refresh every… oh. Well this is awkward.

I love Woolwars and I love shorts and I wish someone would put the two of them together :(((

YOU’RE IN LUCK! This May we had the Woolwars Shorts Contest, an event to see who could come up with the most entertaining Woolwars short, judged by our lord and savior BadBoyHalo! (and BFI01 I guess :roll_eyes:). Submissions closed a few days ago, so keep your eyes out for an post announcing the winners soon!

Woolwars Kiss Cam

This month’s kiss cam is different.

As most of you know, I’m the official psychologist for BFI01, our Woolwars manager. When I first agreed to take the job, I thought it would be an easy case. He’s a simple man on the outside. I had no idea what I was about to get into.

While doing a routine scan of Beef’s head, I found something shocking. Something serious. Something that changed my entire view of his personality. It is my duty to the Woolwars community to show all of you what I saw.

This month’s kiss cam is an image of the inside of Beef’s brain. The admin we all know is nothing but a mask put on by the monsters in his head. This, my fellow players, is the real BFI01. Trapped in his own thoughts, he is eternally bound by the voices around him. He is Beef. They are Beef. There is only Beef. He contemplates the reality of his existence in mute, vulcanized horror. What’s truly going on inside the head of our staff manager? I shudder at the thought.

Yeah so anyway that was Woolwars this month hope you enjoyed :smiling_face_with_5_hearts: :weary:

Written by ZombadboyhaloBot1.

Community Art Highlights! :paintbrush:

Hello gamers,

We have yet again had dozens of stunning works of art shared with us by some very talented people over at our discord server this month:

Click here
Sharkpaws

Illustration of Paint22

Illustration of Kybz

Illustration of TillyNugget

Illustration of nataffy

Illustration of oTortle

Illustration of SizzleBurger

Aiadeva

Illustration of… Alkemystix?

Illustration of cheater_

Paint22

Illustration of EvillRat

Illustration of JakeIsNugget & Paint22

Illustration of Greenite

Illustration of Boston_Creamy

Illustration of Boston_Creamy

Illustration of infernalfae

Illustration of quetonable

Illustration of iNateCo

Illustration of sixbullets

Illustration of Parasitz

Illustration of Rayvxn

Illustration of iCarlo_

thecolorblurple

Illustration of oTortle

Simfonija

Illustration of Wolfez

Illustration of Falczn

Illustration of MeerkatMist

Illustration of thecolorblurple

Illustration of Fylae

Illustration of Wolfez

Illustration of MeerkatMist

fluffnado

Illustration of Fylae

wErAlldEpreSSed7

RobinLaggedOut

Luma669

smeru

!
(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/807700796161916958/972627091155718144/unknown.png)

Sp1derSnake

Viviannn

Illustration of Repuffin

LaKitty101

kiko8242

Illustration of MaxTheNerdd

MothyBoyo

Mysaan

Illustration of TillyNugget & Mysaan

Illustration of VioletRay & danior

Illustration of Aiadeva

Illustration of VioletRay

Illustration of infernalfae

Illustration of Twinkiewinkie

Illustration of RobinLaggedOut

Illustration of Vicvi28

SereneMoonlight

VietnameseDream

Xagma

MaxTheNerdd

beanep

Illustration of Aiadeva

Illustration of Aiadeva

Brooke_Sun

Hope you enjoyed these pieces as much as I did, keep an eye on the artwork channel in the community discord and the next newsletters for more! :)

Written by Atterax.

And that is all for this month!

Woah. You did it. You read the whole thing. Isn’t that cool? I am so proud of you. You deserve a reward! I’ll tell you what. If you’ve read this far, dm me (Zombie#4847) a picture of a pineapple and I’ll give you a nice treat :)

Have a great summer!

37 Likes

gg gamers

WOOLWARS SECTION STILL ON TOP (although its all a 10/10)

7 Likes

two newsletter’s in a row that im in B)
zombe :sob:

GUYS IM A LINK WOOOOOOO

4 Likes

How bout that newsletter

Also blurple made cool art :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Good newsletter and I have to admit zombie bot 1 has become a proficient psychologist and newsletter writer

6 Likes

newsletter shocked

(woolwars on top btw)

4 Likes

Woo amazing newsletter as always

Can’t wait for the next years of survival and the up coming events :D Happy June and pride month everyone

3 Likes

I was included in this newsletter 3 times by bribing infernalfae

4 Likes

So happy that Munchy is being transparent about Map 9, and I enjoyed reading the interview.

Also isn’t the “hello gamers” thing my thing? idk.

Cool Newsletter :+1:

RAT WHAT ARE YOU DOING OUT OF THE BASEMENT AGAIN???!?!???!??!?

5 Likes

haha its me again

3 Likes

12 Likes

LOL you had 1 job

2 Likes

hey thats me

Great newsletter as usual!!! :100:

5 Likes

help

5 Likes

That was an awesome newsletter!
Enjoyed reading into it :)

2 Likes

Thanks

2 Likes

First time being on a newsletter :tada:
Also y’all should commission Fluffnado Smh…

3 Likes

Amazing newsletter as always!

2 Likes

:pray: very promising to see from munchy. hope this continues.
great newsletter, keep it up :heart:

6 Likes